Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Thanks verseuno! I've been looking for the Catcher in the Rye for some time! Not that cheap anymore shipped to Germany, but still way under retail. And those have become scarce to find in my size :smile:

Just copped an M998 Bringback for a c-note off eBay. It was posted up today, and I gave it a prelim legit check.. looks good but does it seem like most 998 boxes are different? There seems to be a rotation of like, a red-sided box, gray-sided box, and blue-sided box. It seems the M998 Bringbacks came in all those box colors.. not sure if that's something to be concerned about. 

Mine came in the grey/red box if that helps

Thanks verseuno! I've been looking for the Catcher in the Rye for some time! Not that cheap anymore shipped to Germany, but still way under retail. And those have become scarce to find in my size :smile:

Glad you picked those up Fam...I did as well...was going to pass since I wasn't looking to purchase anything right now but as you said they are getting more scarce and price seems to be going up for them...before this listing I kept finding them for $125-150 only

Glad you picked those up Fam...I did as well...was going to pass since I wasn't looking to purchase anything right now but as you said they are getting more scarce and price seems to be going up for them...before this listing I kept finding them for $125-150 only
Were the HL a size 9?

Last edited:
Yeah..they had an FSR..well up to at least an 11.5from what I remember. But they had 8-10 for sure
Damn that makes me sad :smh:
Been looking for a 9 for a while.

If anyone ever comes across the 997HL in size 9 for a reasonable price please let me know

happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Last edited:
998GGO pricing reminded me to check out sportszoneelite.com's stock of NBs... They have a ton of pairs on sale in all random sizes, lots of stuff 11 and up, including 997GY for $115 in size 12 and 13, worth checking out

Thanks @Fornastyy  and @verseuno

There's a guy on eBay who is selling a pair for a BIN of $199 and I thought that was way too high. I'm going to try and talk him down a bit.
Mobileshowroom guy? He's reasonable from what I have heard, I would be very surprised if he didn't come down, I want those JL2 he's selling but I doubt he would come down as much as I want with $250 BIN

I keep getting messages on how to cop older J Crew stuff.  I've grabbed quite a few pairs for myself and buddies and helped other fam cop the following pairs recently, Concrete Jungles, Infernos, and Independence Days.  Might as well post here for all to know. 

Persistence and patience is key here.  You're going to have to call J Crew up to 10-15 times until you reach a rep that is knowing and or wiling to help you order the shoes.  Sometimes the reps have no clue.  Other times they're scared to order for you because inventory is so low.   I can't guarantee that they will have your size, but I'm sure more than a few of you will get lucky.  You're going to have to tell them the J Crew item number that corresponds for said shoes, also the color, that is supremely important.  It seems that J Crew sometimes uses the same item number for a couple of their 998 models.  Dont want you guys getting Ultra Marines when you ordered  Infernos lol.  (no offense ultra marine lovers) 

Here are the codes

Infernos = BO955 (Inferno Orange)

Independence Days = B2761 (make sure they're looking at a white shoe on their screen)

Concrete Jungles = B2762 (again make sure they're looking at a green shoe with orange hits)

Last edited:

Mobileshowroom guy? He's reasonable from what I have heard, I would be very surprised if he didn't come down, I want those JL2 he's selling but I doubt he would come down as much as I want with $250 BIN
What was retail on the GGO? $150? I made him an offer and he came back with $185... I'm definitely not looking to pay that. 

I keep getting messages on how to cop older J Crew stuff.  I've grabbed quite a few pairs for myself and buddies and helped other fam cop the following pairs recently, Concrete Jungles, Infernos, and Independence Days.  Might as well post here for all to know. 

Persistence and patience is key here.  You're going to have to call J Crew up to 10-15 times until you reach a rep that is knowing and or wiling to help you order the shoes.  Sometimes the reps have no clue.  Other times they're scared to order for you because inventory is so low.   I can't guarantee that they will have your size, but I'm sure more than a few of you will get lucky.  You're going to have to tell them the J Crew item number that corresponds for said shoes, also the color, that is supremely important.  It seems that J Crew sometimes uses the same item number for a couple of their 998 models.  Dont want you guys getting Ultra Marines when you ordered  Infernos lol.  (no offense ultra marine lovers) 

Here are the codes

Independence Days = B2761 (make sure they're looking at a white shoe on their screen)

Concrete Jungles = B2762 (again make sure they're looking at a green shoe with orange hits)

As the homie said, persistence is key. I can vouch by saying that I have been fortunate enough to get some J Crew "Grails" by calling them up a few times and running those item numbers through them.

Last edited:

Here are the codes

When the rep looks them up will it show they are available? Or will it say sold out? 

Gonna give this a try but just wondering what some responses might be.

When the rep looks them up will it show they are available? Or will it say sold out? 

Gonna give this a try but just wondering what some responses might be.
Responses will be....

Can't find it sir

All sold out

Yes, we have X sizes available, but when they apply it to an order the system wont allow them to.  (this one sucks big time) but certain reps can override that.  So dont give up.

Back
Top Bottom