Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Thanks guys, no NB store here so that's out. It would be for NB1's, BTW.

Hmm i think I've got fairly narrow feet myself and i wouldn't consider going for a narrower width. But you could maybe size up to compensate? This is all just speculation man. Too bad nb doesn't have a return policy like Nike id does..

Have you done this?  I've got narrow feet and wonder if going with a women's 10.5 instead of men's 9 would be a better fit.
my 2 cents: you REALLY need to try the shoes on...

the popular opinion is to go up 1.5 sizes when going from men to women BUT if you look at a brannock shoe device the men's 9 = women's 10. 

hope this helps

Yeah, these aren't worth more than retail. Don't get suckered into paying silly prices for these. Move on to the next release and let the resellers get stuck with them. 

I just happen to be in Oz for this release. Got that lawnchair on standby...

Anyone else in Syd?

Last edited:
Does anybody have any info on these? Doesn't seem like a NB1. The midsole looks different.

I'm curious about these as well. Like these a lot, def not an NB1. The pic reminded me of a Jcrew pic so I looked it up but didn't see them. Maybe a GR.

While I was looking a came across what looks like an upcoming Jcrew 998. I'd have to see more pics but they seem ok. Nothing too amazing at least from this pic

I don't see why they wouldn't send some out to the usual suspects. Remember the hype on the Kushwhackers when everyone was asking every other day if they were going to release and how many pairs? That was way more madness then these were and those ended up getting a pretty wide release. I just hope they did a fairly decent QC check otherwise all the rant posts are gonna get pretty old lol. Considering how much people spent on these I'm sure ill see at least one or two pics of someone highlighting the "defect" on the pair using their science lab microscope. 

A kushwhacker type ww release would be ideal...

yes but i found them. i have managed to track down all my 998 "griail's" with the acquisition of these. i found nighthawks, pebble blues, and concrete jungles all in the same week somehow a couple months ago. now with the c-notes that pretty much wraps up my hunt for previously released 998's that i've wanted.

Back
Top Bottom