Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

embarassed.gif

First of all, congrats on the amazing gift!

I didn't really learn much from websites, i feel you learn most from just practicing and being hands-on.

You just need to know the basics on the f-stop, shutter speed, ISO, and just get out there and have fun.

But here's some tips for sneaker photography:
  • Low f-stop. I usually shoot in aperture mode (that big A on the dial) and use an f-stop of f2.8-3.2 to create a shallow enough depth of field so that your shoes are in focus but the rest of the photo isn't.
  • LIGHT. The quality and amount of light is paramount in a photo. Try not to shoot under direct sunlight (noon or early afternoon) unless you can find a shaded area, or if it's too gloomy and the light's kinda dead and dull. Conversely, the light as the sun sets (golden hour) is really soft and nice.
  • Glass is key. The lens you put in your camera is super important, but as a start you can't go wrong with the nifty fifty (50mm f1.8)
  • Use a tripod. gorillapods are pretty useful but i am cheap so i use a knockoff which works fine too.
  • Use a remote. If your camera has wifi, download the app and you can shoot without being next to the camera. If not a camera remote would work as well.
  • Shoot RAW. Just my personal preference, you just get loads more information stored in the photo so that you can have more power to edit it in post.
  • Lightroom/Photoshop. Honestly most of my photos look kinda bland straight from the camera, but once I process them in Lightroom they really look a lot better. Lightroom is super easy to use, sliders everywhere so you just drag them till you're happy.
I'm obviously not an expert in this area, and I am sure there are others here that know more than i do, but anything else you need, any questions you might have, you just let me know and i'll do my best. Looking forward to more photos man!
Man I wish I could rep you more than once!

Messed around with it for a few hours this afternoon but clearly there is a lot to learn so I appreciate the quick run down.

Definitely just need to keep shooting and see what I can do.

And sorry if I flood this thread with too many pics over the next few weeks... NB just photograph very well

slightly worse than the other undftd trailbusters from years back. undftd and nb dont have a good track record together.

slightly worse than the other undftd trailbusters from years back. undftd and nb dont have a good track record together.
I feel like Undefeated could do an amazing collab on another model, particularly one that's made in the USA. Seems like NB reserves miUSA models for only a select few shops. Just imagine what kind of work they could do on a 585 or a 998...

I feel like Undefeated could do an amazing collab on another model, particularly one that's made in the USA. Seems like NB reserves miUSA models for only a select few shops. Just imagine what kind of work they could do on a 585 or a 998...

The second I saw that safari print on their logo I knew it was going to be terrible.

I'd be all in for a UNDFTD green/orange/off white 998

Congratulations on the camera.

In general a better lens makes for much better bokeh. If you are the photographer then it becomes very hard to also be the model for shots that are well staged.

Not my picture, but an example of extreme bokeh, time lapse and editing.

^ Thanks man

I also got a separate 55-200mm lens which definitely seems to be able to create some great shots

I'll be spending my work day reading about it all so I have some clue what I'm talking about

^ Thanks man

I also got a separate 55-200mm lens which definitely seems to be able to create some great shots

I'll be spending my work day reading about it all so I have some clue what I'm talking about
You need one with a low aperture value, f2.8 would be ideal

Thinking of copping a US made encap 996 vs UK made 576s right now... advice on which pair is comfier for long periods of wear and flat feet? 

Thinking of copping a US made encap 996 vs UK made 576s right now... advice on which pair is comfier for long periods of wear and flat feet? 
for my flat feet 996 were terrible for me. haven't worn 576, but 577 are good for me

Last edited:
Cool thanks. Saw a guy on my local facebook group selling 998DPHO, 997DTAG (9 US) and 576PKG (9.5 US) for about half off retail on each, if anyone's looking i'll be happy to cop and send it your way. 

The more pics I see of those 991.5YP on feet the more I look forward to copping a pair. I am probably in the minority but I actually prefer the 991 with the 1500 midsole than the original 991 midsole. Also, seems like they indeed may have fixed the shape of the 577 as early on foot looks have the shoe looking sharp. We will see!

Back
Top Bottom