Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I shouldn't have stumbled upon these. $105 +$25 shipping in 2019. New from store. Second to the last one for the year for me. My first pair of greys. :smokin

20190618_155105.jpg
20190618_155130.jpg

They’re def Nb1. Colors are same as what as offered there

That sucks lol. This is huge for the Raptors and Toronto, it would have been cool for NB to do something at least a little more unique. Like some special text on the heel, a nice tongue tag, insoles, etc.

I shouldn't have stumbled upon these. $105 +$25 shipping in 2019. New from store. Second to the last one for the year for me. My first pair of greys. :smokin

20190618_155105.jpg
20190618_155130.jpg
Have always been looking for the 997.5. Where did you get it for this price?

How do the 990v4s fit? I'm usually a size 9.5 on 998s. Want to try one out. Any cheap ones on sale anywhere?

Have always been looking for the 997.5. Where did you get it for this price?
A very popular sneaker boutique had their website recently re-done, but what was wierd was... they hid their sale page. I thought that was very odd. After a few moments of guessing URL's, I found it. Their old website layout, but an actual working sale page.

There, I saw pairs, 10.5+, and I took my size. I asked in this thread if there was anyone looking, but there was only size 12 and up. I had shared the link with a couple of other friends, and it dried up the day after.

Everyone's complaining about how NB should be releasing OMN1s but you guys gotta remember that making sneakers doesn't work like that. They can pump out these 990v5s and 997s because they're NB1 custom shoes made in the USA. But OMN1s are made in Asia sneakers and in order for them to pump those shoes out it takes planning well ahead of time. As much as it would have been brilliant for NB to capitalize on Kawhi's success nobody could have predicted that the Raptors would win the finals (I still believe PHILLY should have won the whole damn thing but I am biased). You guys gotta remember that there were tons of question marks around Kawhi's durability and whether he'd be the same player.

Also, NB is gonna pump out running sneakers because its what they do best.

That sucks lol. This is huge for the Raptors and Toronto, it would have been cool for NB to do something at least a little more unique. Like some special text on the heel, a nice tongue tag, insoles, etc.
NB design team will read this and be like, "that's a great idea, let's do something creative with this release".....
5 minutes later....
Screenshot_20190618-233102__01.jpg

And the crowd goes wild.

Hey guys! I have a question anyone else here win the raffle for the no vacancy inn nbs ? I won a pair and haven’t heard anything from them haven’t seen anything on their ig and I’ve tried contacting their email but no luck

20190618_155105.jpg
20190618_155130.jpg
Wish I had been checking this thread back when you posted this come up. I'm a 10.5 and would jump at these for $105.

Everyone's complaining about how NB should be releasing OMN1s but you guys gotta remember that making sneakers doesn't work like that. They can pump out these 990v5s and 997s because they're NB1 custom shoes made in the USA. But OMN1s are made in Asia sneakers and in order for them to pump those shoes out it takes planning well ahead of time. As much as it would have been brilliant for NB to capitalize on Kawhi's success nobody could have predicted that the Raptors would win the finals (I still believe PHILLY should have won the whole damn thing but I am biased). You guys gotta remember that there were tons of question marks around Kawhi's durability and whether he'd be the same player.

I totally agree. Having experience with manufacturing a product completely changes my outlook. Most people only have experience getting a "custom" pair of NBs or uploading a design onto a t-shirt. Working with products that number in the thousands is completely different. I have worked with people who sold notebooks on kickstarter. First of all, all American printers turned us down because they didn't want to deal with any of our customizations. So our only choice was China. Every back and forth adds weeks of delay, every prototype that they send us that needs to be changed. The first page in our notebook was blank, so we had to add a blank page to the pdf. We couldn't just tell them it's blank; another week delay. We missed the cutoff for Chinese new year, 5 week delay. They had a printing error and had to start over but they didn't have enough paper so they had to wait for the materials, another 5 week delay. It's no wonder 90% of kickstarters miss their release dates.

That's just notebooks. I can't imagine the complexity of making thousands of shoes.

They’ve had since February bruh
Since last year in November actually.

Even if it was another 250 pair drop. They are doing a terrible job. Great marketing. But can’t capitalize at all with the amount of time they’ve had

Took them a month to make the oversold pairs from the first drop... They could have done a pre-order for a new colorway of OMN1s today with a month timeline until they ship.... It's a huge missed opportunity... I get that not every company can be nimble but when huge opportunities like this come up (and honestly the stars couldn't have aligned any better for NB with Kawhi) you need to capitalize on it any way possible... This pack and a couple t-shirts are not enough... By the Fall when Kawhi is potentially on a new team people will have moved on....

that would have been the way to do it, pre-order for the OMN1s. They don't even have to design it just release the pair he wore for game 6.

Back
Top Bottom