Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

So I realize my taste isn't necessarily mainstream on CW's, but my latest V5 NB1's have arrived (along with the 990SB5, BTW!).

fullsizeoutput_1ef8.jpeg fullsizeoutput_1ef6.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1ef7.jpeg fullsizeoutput_1ef2.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1ef8.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1ef6.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1ef7.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1ef2.jpeg
Nice job on those! Can you post on-feet pics of the blue?

In that Blue/Yellow 997, what does the PAN stand for?

I like the JCrew stuff but Snakes > Bears to me...

Can someone ( @juanvaldez ) explain the appeal of the redwing 997?

What’s too explain? Both are know for having great product, have a loyal customer base and have been around for over 100 years. Releasing a red wing-esque CW in one of NBs most popular lifestyle models is bound to be a home run. Not too mention people love collabs.

What’s too explain? Both are know for having great product, have a loyal customer base and have been around for over 100 years. Releasing a red wing-esque CW in one of NBs most popular lifestyle models is bound to be a home run. Not too mention people love collabs.
I guess the disconnect for me comes from the high price point / redwing leather; horween NB are / were similar in price. Horween supplies many MANY brands with their leathers, Viberg included :D . Redwing has their own tannery which is used for their boots only and I don’t feel that their name/ leather warrants the price.

I guess the disconnect for me comes from the high price point / redwing leather; horween NB are / were similar in price. Horween supplies many MANY brands with their leathers, Viberg included :D . Redwing has their own tannery which is used for their boots only and I don’t feel that their name/ leather warrants the price.

To the average person Red Wing is much more known. Horween isn’t really a “collab” as they are a supplier and I’m sure NB has been used before just never included their name as they are supply product and not working together on projects.

The markup is fair with it being a collab and premium materials. I guess a 6-10% mark up for collabs and premium material is too much?

To the average person Red Wing is much more known. Horween isn’t really a “collab” as they are a supplier and I’m sure NB has been used before just never included their name as they are supply product and not working together on projects.

The markup is fair with it being a collab and premium materials. I guess a 6-10% mark up for collabs and premium material is too much?
Lol is that a diss to me? I was just surprised to see people in here going for them retail off the bat and not waiting on potential sales. I see they’re sold out everywhere, just surprised. Thanks for your input!

Lol is that a diss to me? I was just surprised to see people in here going for them retail off the bat and not waiting on potential sales. I see they’re sold out everywhere, just surprised. Thanks for your input!

No, more so a question to everyone. Over the last few weeks I have seen comments about pricing on GR and collabs. Just last week someone complained about the pricing on Hanons. Sell out shocks me a little but I wouldn't be surprised if numbers were kept very low(under 500 pairs) or we will see waves of more releases or random sizes popping up over the next few months.

Back
Top Bottom