Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

ge3zy ge3zy i have my doubts:
- NB typically has 2E & 4E & 6E for men wide widths {only 5E is made for the company Hitchcock}
- the width size is in the top left hand corner of the label not the right side
- 577 is typically made in England
577.jpeg

i have my doubts:
- NB typically has 2E & 4E & 6E for men wide widths {only 5E is made for the company Hitchcock}
- the width size is in the top left hand corner of the label not the right side
- 577 is typically made in England
577.jpeg

noted, thank you!

can anyone help me legit check this?
i recently got these off ebay, with no information about them whatsoever.. (i couldn't find anything online about these but still pulled the trigger for the colorway)
when they finally arrived, it just looked off to me.
this is my first purchase of nb577, and i didn't even realize it was a 5E (super wide)
i tried them on and i'm basically swimming in them.
i wish i could return them back to the seller, but he doesn't accept returns.

i appreciate any information on these.
IMG_8001.jpg IMG_8002.jpg IMG_8003.jpg IMG_8004.jpg IMG_8005.jpg
Those is fufu

can anyone help me legit check this?
i recently got these off ebay, with no information about them whatsoever.. (i couldn't find anything online about these but still pulled the trigger for the colorway)
when they finally arrived, it just looked off to me.
this is my first purchase of nb577, and i didn't even realize it was a 5E (super wide)
i tried them on and i'm basically swimming in them.
i wish i could return them back to the seller, but he doesn't accept returns.

i appreciate any information on these.
IMG_8001.jpg IMG_8002.jpg IMG_8003.jpg IMG_8004.jpg IMG_8005.jpg

these are indeed real USA made 577s from the late 90s
you can also tell by the hangtags. original 577s have really bad shapes. once the 577 moved over to UK production, the shape greatly improved.
back then NB did make widths in 3E and 5E (youll also notice 3E and 5E widths on original 998s and 999s and 1300s etc)
it wasnt until later that they switched to just 2E 4E and 6E and discontinued the 3E and 5E
i almost bought those myself but noticed the width in the picutres and decided not to bid.

back then NB did make widths in 3E and 5E
it wasnt until later that they switched to just 2E 4E and 6E and discontinued the 3E and 5E
i almost bought those myself but noticed the width in the picutres and decided not to bid
Have to admit I'm shocked. The overall construction looks pretty bad. But the 3M tag is definitely legit, and the 2001 copyright new balance tag looked legit, too. That quarter panel and N logo looked so off though.

you can also tell by the hangtags. original 577s have really bad shapes. once the 577 moved over to UK production, the shape greatly improved.
back then NB did make widths in 3E and 5E (youll also notice 3E and 5E widths on original 998s and 999s and 1300s etc)
i almost bought those myself but noticed the width in the picutres and decided not to bid.

Damn. Appreciate the info. Granted, never grabbed anything of the E variety in the 80's or 90's (or later, for that matter), but this is why we got the brain trust hereabouts. :smile:

i REALLY appreciate the knowledge you just dropped.
this is the second time you schooled me on my pickups.
thank you.
:emoji_pray:

Back
Top Bottom