Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Todd Snyder pair came in didn’t even get shipping notice. Today wasn’t all bad
21565B41-775D-4926-ADE2-41CC9B0272BF.jpeg

Animal 1500s - $165 pre-ship w/code LH25
Thank you sir. Grabbed the black pair

Any one else on here start noticing friends, family and even coworkers picking up new balances now?
Not due to exposure the brand has recently received but because we always tend to wear NB instead of your typical Nike, Jordan, adidas etc.

Any one else on here start noticing friends, family and even coworkers picking up new balances now?
Not due to exposure the brand has recently received but because we always tend to wear NB instead of your typical Nike, Jordan, adidas etc.
I've noticed more people joining the NB reddit, "Hi, i'm new to NBs, here's my first pairs etc...." I see those posts more often now.

I feel as though just in the time that I've gotten into new balance, which was about 2 years ago, things have changed dramatically. It was very easy to get things and now it's too hot to even have a decent chance manual.

I'm one of those newer guys. I don't collect shoes, but I buy what I like and wear 'em--have been for the past 35 years. I have an assortment of Jordans, Adidas, Airmaxs, etc.... I first wanted a pair of grey 990s for an upcoming trip that would require a bunch of walking. I usually wear Ultraboosts for that, but after doing UBs since 2016 and 40 or so pairs, I wanted to try something different.

I bought a pair of Castlerock 990v5s from the NB store in Torrance on by birthday on 2/23/20 and was really impressed with the quality, fit, and look. From there on, it was over. Every pair i've purchased were the MiUSA pairs with the exception of 2 pairs of 574s.

In the 3 months since, i've had fun researching and buying what I like. I even got my wife a pair of 990V5s and V4s for work.

While i've continued to buy other brands since, I still keep an eye for NB releases and will continue to buy what looks nice. :smile:

20200522_172752_resized.jpg

I've noticed more people joining the NB reddit, "Hi, i'm new to NBs, here's my first pairs etc...." I see those posts more often now.
had no idea that sub was active. Joined it years ago and never saw anything happening in there. I’ll have to check in more often.

With that being said, someone posted their 998CL in hand, and I am now glad I missed. They look so plain and lackluster.

Got you. Well from my experience a lot of my coworkers started gravitating towards picking up a pair of NBs not any made in USA/England because they usually grab what’s available at your local Footlocker etc. In a way it’s kind of a good feeling that the brand is getting the exposure it deserves. Of course it’s bad for hardcore collectors 🤷🏻‍♂️

had no idea that sub was active. Joined it years ago and never saw anything happening in there. I’ll have to check in more often.

They recently just put a weekly discussion thread, but still the community is in it's infancy/hype stage. It doesn't help that the mod/admin is incompetent from realizing he's sitting on a sub that could pop off so high rn if it wasn't mismanaged.

Last edited:

With that being said, someone posted their 998CL in hand, and I am now glad I missed. They look so plain and lackluster.

I try to be active there, and I can tell in the last 3 months there is much more activity. I love finding deals, so i'm the guy posting deals I find on NBs.

Back
Top Bottom