Official New Jersey Nets @ Portland Trail Blazers 7:00pm PST 10:00pm EST Thread

Portland is coming off another terrible road trip but had played well at home. Is Carter going to return for the Nets tonight? I see this being a close game,hopefully the home crowd is the edge the Trail Blazers need.

New Jersey Nets @ Portland Trail Blazers 7:00pm PST 10:00pm EST

alien.gif

[table][tr][td]2007-08 Stats at a Glance[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td] [/td] [td]@[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]News | Players | Stats | Schedule[/td] [td] [/td] [td]News | Players | Stats | Schedule[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]New Jersey Nets[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Record:[/td] [td]4 - 7 (.364)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Standings:[/td] [td]Third, Atlantic[/td] [/tr][tr][td]At Home:[/td] [td]3 - 5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]At Road:[/td] [td]1 - 2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Streak:[/td] [td]L 6[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td] [/td] [td] [table][tr][td]Portland Trail Blazers[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Record:[/td] [td]4 - 7 (.364)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Standings:[/td] [td]Third, Northwest[/td] [/tr][tr][td]At Home:[/td] [td]4 - 0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]At Road:[/td] [td]0 - 7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Streak:[/td] [td]L 4[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td] [table][tr][td] Season [/td] [/tr][tr][td]PPG:[/td] [td]84.7[/td] [td]Opp PPG:[/td] [td]94.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]FG%:[/td] [td].390[/td] [td]Opp FG%:[/td] [td].431[/td] [/tr][tr][td]RPG:[/td] [td]41.6[/td] [td]Opp RPG:[/td] [td]40.8[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td] [/td] [td] [table][tr][td] Season [/td] [/tr][tr][td]PPG:[/td] [td]93.5[/td] [td]Opp PPG:[/td] [td]98.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]FG%:[/td] [td].459[/td] [td]Opp FG%:[/td] [td].451[/td] [/tr][tr][td]RPG:[/td] [td]38.9[/td] [td]Opp RPG:[/td] [td]42.9[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Player[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]PPG[/td] [td]RPG[/td] [td]APG[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jefferson, R[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]24.0[/td] [td]5.4[/td] [td]2.3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Carter, V[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]17.0[/td] [td]5.5[/td] [td]4.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Wright, A[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]11.0[/td] [td]3.8[/td] [td]2.2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Kidd, J[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]10.8[/td] [td]8.6[/td] [td]10.3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Williams, S[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]9.6[/td] [td]4.8[/td] [td]0.1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Nachbar, B[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]8.5[/td] [td]2.2[/td] [td]0.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Krstic, N[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]5.4[/td] [td]3.6[/td] [td]0.2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Gill, E[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]4.0[/td] [td]2.7[/td] [td]1.7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Armstrong, D[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]3.4[/td] [td]1.4[/td] [td]1.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Allen, M[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]2.6[/td] [td]2.1[/td] [td]0.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Magloire, J[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]1.9[/td] [td]4.2[/td] [td]0.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Boone, J[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]0.7[/td] [td]2.7[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Collins, J[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]0.5[/td] [td]2.2[/td] [td]0.3[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Head Coach:[/td] [td]Lawrence Frank[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td] [/td] [td] [table][tr][td]Player[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]PPG[/td] [td]RPG[/td] [td]APG[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Roy, B[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]18.9[/td] [td]3.5[/td] [td]4.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Aldridge, L[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]18.4[/td] [td]7.5[/td] [td]0.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Webster, M[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]13.0[/td] [td]4.6[/td] [td]1.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jack, J[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]12.1[/td] [td]3.1[/td] [td]3.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Outlaw, T[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]8.3[/td] [td]4.1[/td] [td]1.6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Frye, C[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]5.9[/td] [td]4.0[/td] [td]0.7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Blake, S[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]5.6[/td] [td]3.1[/td] [td]5.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Przybilla, J[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]5.5[/td] [td]7.1[/td] [td]0.3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jones, J[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]5.3[/td] [td]1.7[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]LaFrentz, R[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]4.0[/td] [td]1.3[/td] [td]0.3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Green, T[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]2.3[/td] [td]0.5[/td] [td]1.3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Rodriguez, S[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]2.3[/td] [td]0.9[/td] [td]1.2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]McRoberts, J[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [td]0.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Head Coach:[/td] [td]Nate McMillan[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]

Carter is still listed at day to day. Many of the brass was saying this Friday versus the Sonics before the Jazz game Monday but many feel that they may try toget him to play tonight due to the streak.

I rather see vince healthy and playing like he won't re-injure himself but we need help.

iLLscan -

I responded to your Jermaine O'neal notion in the other thread and I don't think I was to harsh like I was on the Laker fans.

Carter is a game-time decision for tonight...but what like VC3FAN said...dont want him coming back prematurely like what RJ did last year.

I heard there is a good chance Vince could play tonight. Its all up to trainer Timmy Walsh though...hes been known for holding players out a little longer sothey don't rush back though..... we'll see.

Lost both times badly to Portland last year
sick.gif
Need a win tonight.

[h3] http://blog.nj.com/netsblast/2007/11/vc.html[/h3][h3]VC[/h3][h4]Posted by http://blog.nj.com/netsblast/about.htmlDave D.November 21, 2007 4:32PM[/h4]
Categories: Latest News

He's playing.

They say maybe, likely, game-time decision, and "probably will" (Thorn). But he'll play.

"I wanted to play the last two games," Carter said. "It's killing me."
medium_VCkick

If he plays, he'll probably start. If he plays well, they'll eventually be able to extricate themselves from the quagmire that has risen in each ofthe past five games (average output: 76.6 ppg).

Has it risen above their heads? Nah. It's right around brow level.
http://
They just need another guy who makes their slumping shooters better. And Carter is aware of the effect he has on Nachbar, RJ and Antoine. That's why thecoach says he's plays like a "second Jason."

"I think we all work well together," Carter said. "When they double, I know in different situations where they are on the floor. I can'twait to get back out there to get those guys going again. And get myself going.

"When teams load so much to me, we put those guys on the weak side and they have great nights. Hopefully soon we'll be back to the old Nets."

Lawerence your killing me with the lineup.

Carter as the most expensive backup point guard tonight.

wow, we are missing vince so bad. last in the L in points per game? is that what i heard?
smh.gif

No, Collins those not suck. We just don't notice what he does because it isn't in the box score. LOL

He is useless to me whether or not he plays defense and sometimes he doesn't even do that.

GAME, SET, MATCH

Good game by boki

Vince played well and looked like he wanted to get everyone involved. On to see Durant and Wally world

Gotta give it to the Nets on this one, They just wanted it more. Portland seemed like they just stopped playing at the end. Lidd wasn't even defended onthat layup at the end. At lest Portland is still exciting to watch even if they lose. VC threw down one real good dunk right in front of me.

Back
Top Bottom