Official Next-Gen Gaming Thread: Xbox 720 DEVELOPMENT KITS LEAKED !

[h1] [/h1]
[h1]Report: BOTH New Xbox and PS4 Will Be Shown At E3[/h1][h2]Information comes from "100% concrete, ultra high level" source.[/h2][h2]UK, January 6, 2012[/h2]
UK games industry outlet MCV has reported that both the next Xbox AND the PlayStation 4 will be shown at this year's E3 in June.

This isn't the first time that a publication has cited an unnamed source with information like this, but this isn't some unknown central European games blog - MCV's credibilty makes this particular report worth paying attention to.

Speaking on Twitter, MCV's online editor Ben Parfitt said "Obviously we can't reveal our sources. But you have my personal word on this - the source is exemplary, 100% concrete, ultra high level."

We shouldn't necessarily expect a full-blown reveal, though - we might just see the announcement. Editor-in-Chief Michael French told IGN: "This is very credible. Even if we don't see the hardware itself, or know a price or date, key publishers and developers are expecting some nod towards what direction PS4 will take at E3 this year. Sony isn't stupid - it knows that if Microsoft is planning to also say something about its next console, it can't be left behind."

Many were expecting Microsoft to come out on stage at E3 with some information about the new Xbox, but Sony's reveal would be more surprising, as a new console at this stage in the PlayStation 3's life cycle would fly in the face of the company's stated "ten-year plan".

If both Sony and Microsoft do indeed reveal their new consoles at the same time as Nintendo details the release schedule and pricing for the Wii U, this would quite probably be the biggest E3 in history.

Are you ready for a three-way showdown? Is it still too soon?

I wasn't too thrilled with this generation of consoles I felt they weren't as Next Gen as they should've been . I always refer to PS3 as PS2.5 and 360 as Xbox 1.5 because I wasn't wowed as I was jumping from PS1 to PS2 and Xbox. Also considering the Next Gen consoles will probably be released Holiday 2012 I will probably feel the same way about PS4 and 720 which I hope is not the case at all. Thoughts ?

Last edited:
Dope
pimp.gif

I heard about this too. I wont be getting one when they release I'm not about that hype. I'm good with 360 right now especially with H4 coming out for it in december thatll hold me up. Theyre prob gonna cost dumb money too.

i'm good w/ my 360, fambs...

not too thrilled about dropping $600 on a new system...

:/ :/

Originally Posted by ricky409

Im sayin. Games are already 60 bucks a pop

These aren't like hyped up sneakers. There will be hype, a couple of sell outs, then plenty of discounts.

meh

if theres no backwards compatibility, im good with my ps3 for the next few years

not only do i have to drop 600 on a new system, but i also have to pay 70 bucks for a new roster on 2k13, and I'm sure there are gonna be some peripherals

Well Nintendo has forced the hand. They can not let the Wii U have a huge lead because it will hurt them in the long run. I

You know I'mma write a short novel on this, but it's too late tonight....

I've said it before an I will say it again, the PC will always be the greatest console.

I'm not ready to drop on a new console. Even though I've had my original ps3 since it was first released, I'm content.

I'm curious to see if MS will stick with DVD9 discs, go with a higher capacity disc media (Blu-ray?), or go all digital. As for Sony: Will they change their launch strategy to avoid a launch similar to the PS3's launch? How will the graphics be different and/or better than the PS3s?

My ps3 is working out just fine and I just got a 360 like a week ago. im straight for at least 2 years

Originally Posted by Kramer

Originally Posted by ricky409

Im sayin. Games are already 60 bucks a pop

Closer to $100 if you try to get all the DLC

I think the PS4 is the last system I will buy. I'm just going to focus on keeping my PC current starting later this year.

Back
Top Bottom