Official Next-Gen Gaming Thread: Xbox 720 DEVELOPMENT KITS LEAKED !

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

I just bought a PS3. Someone tell me why I did that?

!*@% this company.

1325989053394.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

hombrelobo wrote:
I just bought a PS3. Someone tell me why I did that?

!*@% this company.

1325989053394.gif

You know the PS3 released in 2006 right? When are you going to get the new PlayStation or Xbox? 2018?

I don't know if this helps but Sony said awhile back that they plan to support the PS3 for 10 years, so even when the new PlayStation is out, they will still support the PS3 like how the PS2 was still getting new games when the PS3 came out. I don't think it'll be another 4 years, but hey. Better than nothing right? The focus is going to be on the new system though.

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Report: BOTH New Xbox and PS4 Will Be Shown At E3[/h1]
[h2]Information comes from "100% concrete, ultra high level" source.[/h2]
[h2]UK,
January 6, 2012[/h2]
UK games industry outlet MCV has reported that both the next Xbox AND the PlayStation 4 will be shown at this year's E3 in June.

This isn't the first time that a publication has cited an unnamed source
with information like this, but this isn't some unknown central
European games blog - MCV's credibilty makes this particular report
worth paying attention to.

Speaking on Twitter,
MCV's online editor Ben Parfitt said "Obviously we can't reveal our
sources. But you have my personal word on this - the source is
exemplary, 100% concrete, ultra high level."

We shouldn't necessarily expect a full-blown reveal, though - we might
just see the announcement. Editor-in-Chief Michael French told IGN:
"This is very credible. Even if we don't see the hardware itself, or
know a price or date, key publishers and developers are expecting some
nod towards what direction PS4 will take at E3 this year. Sony isn't
stupid - it knows that if Microsoft is planning to also say something
about its next console, it can't be left behind."

Many were expecting Microsoft to come out on stage at E3 with some
information about the new Xbox, but Sony's reveal would be more
surprising, as a new console at this stage in the PlayStation 3's life
cycle would fly in the face of the company's stated "ten-year plan".

If both Sony and Microsoft do indeed reveal their new consoles at the
same time as Nintendo details the release schedule and pricing for the
Wii U, this would quite probably be the biggest E3 in history.

Are you ready for a three-way showdown? Is it still too soon?

I wasn't too thrilled with this generation of consoles I felt they weren't as Next Gen as they should've been . I always refer to PS3 as PS2.5 and 360 as Xbox 1.5 because I wasn't wowed as I was jumping from PS1 to PS2 and Xbox. Also considering the Next Gen consoles will probably be released Holiday 2012 I will probably feel the same way about PS4 and 720 which I hope is not the case at all. Thoughts ?

I'm gonna wait about a year to get these. If theres anything really good about this thing then I'm going to wait in line. Buy about 5 and resell 4 then keep 1.

That way I could basically get this damn thing for free because I can already imagine the prices.

Don't know about the 720 though. Wasn't THAT big on an xbox fan.

Originally Posted by All Ready

having to replace your entire entertainment system has gotten old

don't see myself making a switch in the first year/day like i did with all the others

systems don't even really have exclusive titles anymore anyway

it has to be a major upgrade for me to even blink at the thought

Agree on all points. For me to even think about dropping $600 on a PS4 or 720 the games have to look like this from launch day

you cited a trailer as what you want the next gen game to look like... come on man.

Originally Posted by MECKS

Originally Posted by All Ready

having to replace your entire entertainment system has gotten old

don't see myself making a switch in the first year/day like i did with all the others

systems don't even really have exclusive titles anymore anyway

it has to be a major upgrade for me to even blink at the thought

Agree on all points. For me to even think about dropping $600 on a PS4 or 720 the games have to look like this from launch day

you cited a trailer as what you want the next gen game to look like... come on man.

Mmmmm that's what games ARE gonna look like on PC's in a couple years.

Are you not familiar with the Unreal Engine ?

If that's what PC games are gonna look the only way ill get a PS4 or 720 is if it's comparable.

Imagine multi platform multiplayer - Playstation 4 vs xbox 720 users - the ultimate showdown !! - Imagine COD Ps4 clans vs Xbox 720 clans.. Lets get ready to rumble !!!

Originally Posted by Koudie From BroOklyn

Imagine multi platform multiplayer - Playstation 4 vs xbox 720 users - the ultimate showdown !! - Imagine COD Ps4 clans vs Xbox 720 clans.. Lets get ready to rumble !!!

wont happen Microsoft wont allow it. some PS3 games already allow you to have cross platform connection with PC  players

Originally Posted by sole vintage

Originally Posted by Koudie From BroOklyn

wont happen Microsoft wont allow it. some PS3 games already allow you to have cross platform connection with PC  players

yup, all you have to do is look at dungeon defenders: its something like: pc/steam + android + ios + ps3/vita... all cross-play... guess whos missing even though its on their system
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Copped...re-sell right away..... wait later for discounted or later models after bugs (see ps3 slim and xbox elite/slim)

Chill son, you might get tried for your sony/microsoft knowledge while you wait in line.
laugh.gif

Wait a second, half the dudes in this thread JUST bought a PS3 and throwing a fit?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Most of us bought a triple black on RD, our body is ready
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Wait a second, half the dudes in this thread JUST bought a PS3 and throwing a fit?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Most of us bought a triple black on RD, our body is ready
pimp.gif
Not surprising. The recent price drop made the PS3 just about affordable to most. PS3 games are still more expensive compared to their PC counterparts, though.

Anyway, I'd rather uprgade my gaming PC's hardware by the time this comes out. Already on my second PS3 as it is (YLOD
eyes.gif
). Might just get a second GPU by then. If I'd ever cop a PS4, though. I'll probably wait at least a year to do so (as I always do).

when do u guys think the release dates will be??? if this is indeed confirmed

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

when do u guys think the release dates will be??? if this is indeed confirmed

Honestly it could be this Holiday season because I doubt SONY and MS want the Wii U to get a huge jump on them but I just don't see it to be honest

The Wii U is gonna crush them in sales which pisses me off because it's definitely gonna be the inferior system

Probably Holiday Season 2013.

Xbox Infinity / 720 whatever thy are calling it will not come out this year, MS confirmed at CES.

That aint droppin no time soon. In the works? yea, but droppin this year? 0% chance. Too soon.

Cyber Smoke wrote:
The Wii U is gonna crush them in sales which pisses me off because it's definitely gonna be the inferior system

sort of like apple products? jk
can macs play any of the awesome many games that are out on PC and have the pimp graphics too? havnt kept up.

i remember back in the 90s they didnt have crap. is apple gaming like other apple stuff these days? a year or 2 behind in technology and features yet have a huge following of lemmings ?

Originally Posted by EuGeNiLe GTS

Cyber Smoke wrote:
can macs play any of the awesome many games that are out on PC and have the pimp graphics too? havnt kept up.

i remember back in the 90s they didnt have crap. is apple gaming like other apple stuff these days? a year or 2 behind in technology and features yet have a huge following of lemmings ?

there are a couple older games for os x but you'd probably be better off using boot camp and boot into windows whenever you want to play more recent games.

My 40gb Ps3 still runs like a dream, had it since the ps3 released and got my 160 GB running strong, as long as there is backwards compatability for the first generation of PS4's(like my 40GB) ill be straight on the new models until they start phasing that hardware out again.

Originally Posted by YaBoyDiddy

That aint droppin no time soon. In the works? yea, but droppin this year? 0% chance. Too soon.

I think they will play it by ear. They will see what the others will do, and add/take away from the system accordingly. Remember the og xbox and the 360 was built the same time, and they already had the concept and running model of the kinect aka natal. They sat on it and made a few adjustments in accordance to what the others were doing, and then they sat back and got an idea of what motion sensory games controls would do ie wii then finally released it. Remember they were showcasing kinect when the og xbox was being released.

Im pretty sure, almost certain they have the next gen system pretty much done. They are just waiting to see what everyone else is gonna do and what will be the trend at that time, adjust the system accordingly, and then release.

Back
Top Bottom