OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam Caplan @caplannfl
As for OC for Chip in SF, one name thought to be under consideration is Ryan Day, current #Eagles QBs coach. Knows his offense well.

Matt Barrows @mattbarrows
The 49ers will not have an introductory press conference with Chip Kelly until next week.

Zach Berman @ZBerm
Chip Kelly and the 49ers visit Lincoln Financial Field in 2017.

Spotrac @spotrac
Chip Kelly inherits a #49ers roster that ranks 15th on our recent 2016 Team Financial Power Rankings. bit.ly/1N9oPhT

Ann Killion @annkillion
Big personality. Offensive genius. Grates on people who know him. Sounds like Harbaugh, but no, it's 49ers new coach Chip Kelly.

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk
Chip Kelly doesn't want personnel control with the 49ers. Then again, he claimed he didn't have it in Philly, the day before he was fired.

Last edited:
- I thought they said Kaep had a real team friendly contract. Incentives were through the roof.

- That Torrey Smith tweet is funny but not a good start. Wow.

- I think SF and Chip are a good fit. He's better than Tomsula. I don't like Chip but I'm interested to see him and Kaep. I know a few Phila fans that wanted the Eagles to get Kaep if Chip stayed and I was scared of that happening.

Last edited:
roll.gif
at that tweet 

Kaepernick's deal is extremely team friendly (read, it ***** him in the end).

TC's legacy is pretty secure, I do not understand the notion that he would ruin it going to a rival or the fact that he was somewhat vilified for trying to find work like he should be loyal to the Giants while trying to secure a job with another team.

[quote name="JPZx"]
@TorreySmithWR: Guess I might have to start running right now to get in shape
[/quote]:lol:

I don't really know his personality normally, but I just took this as more of a tongue-in-cheek joke about what he knows is coming.

[quote name="SneakerPro"][quote name="Rolaholic"][QUOTE name="nawghtyhare"]
:smh: [/QUOTE]You don't approve my dude?[/quote]That means they about to become a dynasty.[/quote]:lol: :lol:

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
Trent Baalke will maintain his power as the GM in charge of personnel. For the #49ers, Chip Kelly will just coach. Which is good.

Bill Barnwell @billbarnwell
If Kelly ever figures out how to mask the flaws of a mobile quarterback, watch out

Add in Kaepernick’s value as a runner and he’s comfortably the best QB Kelly’s had since leaving Oregon.

Not sure why the 49ers would need to cut Kaepernick. Probably $50 million or so in cap space after rollover before making any moves.

Mike Klis @MikeKlis
Brock Osweiler still not practicing - in uniform working in side #9news #9sports

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Now it's clear why SF never moved on Hue Jackson. Knew it had Chip Kelly waiting for Niners the whole time.

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora
After considerable time and deliberation, they ended up hiring him. So they went from Harbaugh to Kelly in a matter of a year or so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom