OFFICIAL NFL Discussion Thread: 2015-16 Season - Congrats to the Denver Broncos and their fans! SB 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Country music never gets any love for the SB halftime. They better suited for the national anthem anyway.

I'm fine with all genres of music as long as we get a good show. The lack of variety is what im bored with. Last 5 years we've had Black Eyed Pees, Madonna, Beyonce, Bruno Mars, Katy Perry and now Coldplay with Bruno Mars and Beyonce AGAIN. I'm sure U2 and Lady Gaga will be next.

Every my reaction is "alright the pop radio live was alright i guess, back to football" Literally the only thing that made Katy Perrys show worth it was a funny looking shark costume and boobs.

Super Bowl is supposed to be a big deal. Would like to see some effort put towards the shows being refreshing and every once in a while leaving me saying wow even if im not a huge fan of the artist.

Last edited:
I know the Superbowl is the most watched thing of all time every season, but I thought there were more heads in my lane that straight skips all the pre-game and halftime ****. *shrugs* I'll sort of keep an eye out for the commercials. Dassit though.

I know the Superbowl is the most watched thing of all time every season, but I thought there were more heads in my lane that straight skips all the pre-game and halftime ****. *shrugs* I'll sort of keep an eye out for the commercials. Dassit though.

Truth. Hafltime is for pissing, eating and posting on NT. :lol:

Middle murica loves the Hey Ya song

Yeah 10 years ago

Are Big Boi and Andre 3000 even cool anymore?

Adele, Drake, Bieber, Justin Timberlake, Rihanna, The Weeknd, Taylor Swift, Luke Bryan, Sam Hunt, Tori Kelly, Ed Sheeran, Usher, Kanye and Kendrick Lamar.....that should have been their list of who to choose from for a halftime show in 2016. And whoever picks this **** picked a dude who just performed last year, Beyoncé who hasn't put out a new song in like two years and ******* Coldplay.

Is Bruno going to perform the same **** he did last year? Coldplay gonna perform their new stuff that nobody listens to?

Last edited:
Sports Illustrated x Extra Mustard SB50 Drinking Game -

Responsibly sip your drink when...

The cameras flash at kickoff.
Peyton Manning throws a wobbly pass.
CBS shows an actual fan in the crowd.
Phil Simms says the word “elite.”
Cam Newton runs for a touchdown.
CBS uses the Pylon Cam.
CBS shows B-roll of the Golden Gate bridge.
Mike Carey is wrong during a replay review.
Jim Nantz clearly uses a phrase he wrote two weeks ago at the end of the game.
Roger Goodell is booed during the trophy presentation.

Sip your drink twice if...

Ted Ginn drops a pass.
The cameras cut to Steph Curry watching from the stands.
Phil Simms says “talking about.”
CBS shows B-roll of Lombard Street.
Someone at your Super Bowl party double dips.
You think about how much cooler Beyoncé is than Bruno Mars.

Buy a pair of Google Glass if...

Peyton Manning dabs.
The cameras cut to a fan in the stands wearing Google Glass.

Finish your drink if...

Phil Simms or Jim Nantz say “HGH.”
Lady Gaga forgets a word during the national anthem.
You get bingo on our commercial bingo card.
Jay-Z makes a surprise appearance.
Someone at your Super Bowl party dabs.

Run a naked lap if...

Coldplay has a wardrobe malfunction.

Last year was the first Super Bowl I watched all alone and I really did have a good time paying attention to the things outside of the game. Never really cared about commercials but last years had a bunch of them that were like great short films. It was fun paying attention to the production and all that with how much attention is being paid towards making it look great and hyping it by putting two deserving teams on that pedestal. Makes it that much better when the rest of the world sees your team from that perspective. Speaking of which, easy for you to say when your team is there every other year :lol: Impossible not to focus on anything but the game.

For me it definitely depends on the environment. This year will be drinking with 4 or 5 of my boys so there will be a lot of drunken commentary and stupid arguments. Many things will be missed or made fun of. FTR pre-game analysis is never not complete nonsense no matter the sport or platform :lol:

Last edited:
I don't know any of these artists cept beyonce but don't like her last album, will skip the show

the show (and super bowl) is being shown to a very broad audience, hence why they choose pop music typically.

my problem with coldplay is they're not really upbeat.

I just realized Beyoncé hasn't put out a new album since her last Super Bowl performance

So they're going to put Bruno and Beyoncé up there both singing the exact same songs they've already sang at the Super Bowl one year ago and three years ago :lol:

Janet Jackson ruined this forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom