Official NHL Thread: Vol. I Know Some NTers Care

I HAVE TO TYPE IN CAPS TO GET PEOPLE TO NOTICE I GUESS :lol:
laugh.gif
Team Clippers
TEAM SAINTS

well, what do you want to know about hockey?
orignated frm canada..
past cup winners have been US teams with the majority of the team composed of canadians...
1st place team in the league rightnow is Ottawa Senators..
Pittsburgh are being compared to the Edmonton Oilers when Gretzkey joined them..
hockey is the best sport to watch live...and its even crazier during the playoffs..
dont listen to anyone who says hockey is boring cause you need to see a game for yourself...
edit: This kid is one if not the top prospect for the '08 draft i believe..John Tavares..17 years old and killing the OHL and was drafted when he was 15.(comparable to NCAA div1 basketball or football)
10_txtavares.jpg

That Oilers/Ducks SO was pretty nutty. You could tell that deke by gagne shook Giggy for the winning goal.

hockey indeed is THEEEE BEST SPORT to watch live.
they go dummy during playoffs...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Edit: anyone in here in any fantasy leagues?
its not too late to join..
Falcons | Hawks | Thrashers | Braves

^I'm in like 3 leagues on SportingNews.......As for Tavares, I'm positive they will come up with that exceptional status and allow him to enter this summer's draft. His b-day is only 6 days after the cut off date, so I don't see why he can't be drafted with all his buddies. It's going to be a very talented draft year coming up. Guys like Tavares, Stamkos, Del Zotto, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Hodgson etc... :pimp:
pimp.gif
myspace facebook

Who would you guys rather have to build around, Ovechkin or Crosby? Pure scorer with mean physical game vs. scorer/playmaker.

Quote:
well, what do you want to know about hockey?
orignated frm canada..
past cup winners have been US teams with the majority of the team composed of canadians...
1st place team in the league rightnow is Ottawa Senators..
Pittsburgh are being compared to the Edmonton Oilers when Gretzkey joined them..
hockey is the best sport to watch live...and its even crazier during the playoffs..
dont listen to anyone who says hockey is boring cause you need to see a game for yourself...
edit: This kid is one if not the top prospect for the '08 draft i believe..John Tavares..17 years old and killing the OHL and was drafted when he was 15.(comparable to NCAA div1 basketball or football)
:lol:
laugh.gif
Team Clippers
TEAM SAINTS

yo atljunkie ill join your fantasy league
TEAM NEW YORK RANGERS
H.LUNDQVIST M.ROSZIVAL M.MALIK B.SHANAHAN B.BETTS S.AVERY S.GOMEZ T.POCK C.DRURY P.PRUCHA C.ORR P.MARA J.STRUDWICK R.CALLAHAN R.HOLLWEG D.GIRARDI F.TYUTIN J.JAGR M.HOSSA M.STRAKA

Quote:
Who would you guys rather have to build around, Ovechkin or Crosby? Pure scorer with mean physical game vs. scorer/playmaker.

That's a tough question....I live in the DC area, so I have been to my share of Caps games live and I always watch them on TV (HD Plug....hockey is the BEST sport to watch on HD) and IMO, there is no other hockey player in the NHL who is more exciting to watch than Alexander Ovechkin when he has the puck. When the dude gets the puck at his end of the ice and tries to go coast-to-coast, there is not one person sitting down.

Crosby is the best playmaker in the NHL plain and simple. At 20 it is scary to know that he hasn't even scratched the surface as far as his potential is concerned. However, I think the comparisons to Gretzky are as far from the truth as you can get. If you don't believe me, look at the stats that Gretzky put up when 20-21 years old in Edmonton. His records will NEVER be touched. Anyways, the Penguins have done a much better job drafting and building their team around Crosby. They have a ton of young talent in Staal, Malkin, Whitney, Fleury, etc...all while having vets like Laraque, Roberts, Recchi, etc etc....all these guys certainly aid the growth and development of Crosby.

Ovechkin on the otherhand has been a one-man show in DC going on 3 years. The caps finally announced that they were done rebuilding, and actually made some moves in FA this past summer in signing Kozlov, Nylander, and Poti. So far, the returns haven't been too good. This team is underachieving more than you could believe. However, Ovechkin has been dominating on both ends of the ice (which is important), and he has gotten duties as a penalty killer, and also gained trust in being on the ice in the closing moments of the 3rd period. Ovechkin is 22 years old, but he (IMO) has done more with less thus far in his career.

It's hard being un-biased, but I think I would have to go with Ovechkin. He has made guys like Chris Clark into 30 goal scorers, and was instrumental in the run the caps had last year (with an OVERACHIEVING team) where they were in contention for a playoff spot going into the All-Star game. Crosby doesn't have the best rep in the NHL as he is seen as a whiner and what have you, but he has put up great numbers. Again, he has a better cast, but that shouldn't be held against him. Once the Caps get a little more competitive, this Ovechkin/Crosby, Capitals/Penguins rivalry will be all the more better....

Thanks for your input. I didn't even know he played on the PK, it's interesting to get someone else's take on it. I'm in the West, so I never get to see either of them play, even on TV, unless it's against Vancouver. I really hope they change the schedule. How do they expect to market the league when the best players don't even travel to every hockey city in a year? When a star player like Ovechkin visits Vancouver, you can feel the anticipation a week in advance.

^^ i agree. every team (east AND west) should play each other atleast once a season. its always cool seeing teams from the other conference play
TEAM NEW YORK RANGERS
H.LUNDQVIST M.ROSZIVAL M.MALIK B.SHANAHAN B.BETTS S.AVERY S.GOMEZ T.POCK C.DRURY P.PRUCHA C.ORR P.MARA J.STRUDWICK R.CALLAHAN R.HOLLWEG D.GIRARDI F.TYUTIN J.JAGR M.HOSSA M.STRAKA

im just wondering....after every rangers win at home, the players gather at center ice and salute the crowd by raising their sticks. i know that this is a tradition with european teams but do any other NHL teams do this or anything similar to this? here is a pic

Code:
[url=http://photobucket.com][/url]
TEAM NEW YORK RANGERS

Schedule needs a big overhaul, and I believe Bettman announced earlier that it will happen for the upcoming season and beyond. As stated it's hard to market the NHL when the star players don't get to play in a handful of cities, and I think the league finally recognized that and has decided to change the schedule......

In terms of who would I want to build my team around, I'd have to go with Crosby. This is a very hard question to answer, but Crosby to me has more of an all-around game. I feel Ovechkin is more of a leader on the ice, whereas to me Crosby is a leader in the room and on the ice. I do not agree with him wearing the "C" so early in his career though, you have guys like Recchi and Roberts who should be wearing the "C" and acting as a mentor for Sid. Then when those guys move on or retire, Sid will be more prepared to be a real captain.

Went to the Leaf game tonight versus Washington :smh:
smh.gif
......Ovechkin with 2 snipes :pimp:
pimp.gif
myspace facebook

ya they're changing the schedule for next season so it should be better.
and about ovechkin, he's freakin nuts, a few games ago when he was facing the Canucks, the last few minutes was left in the game, and the Canucks like usual take a silly penalty. Ovechkin was goin off, he dominated those few minutes it was really exciting to watch. esp. those point shots when he was on the pp. he just ripped them right through
Anybody willing to ID Kobe II, and then send them to Canada?, PM me for fee​

i dont mind the stick raising that the rangers do...but some say its classless

Quote:
^I'm :lol:
laugh.gif
at the Marlies trying to get a hold of Tavares...Alot of my friends have played against him in either OHL or AAA hockey and they say he is amazing.

You think Tavares will be taken first?

and Im really impressed with these rookies: Gagne, Toews, and Kane...!

:lol:
laugh.gif
i was just watching the stars-sharks highlights on espn and he goes "looking setagucci it's about that time..." ahhhhhhhh :rofl:
roll.gif
:rofl:
roll.gif
:rofl:
roll.gif

^Jagr was the guy you saw on sportscentre tonight, and yes most of the guys wear mouth guards but some don't. It's a personal decision that guys make, just like whether or not to wear the visor or not. Wearing a full cage is tough, you do it when you're young but you always want that moment to come when you can play with no face shield or with the visor :pimp:
pimp.gif
myspace facebook

Yeah, it's a personal choice. Lots of guys wear the visor for protection, while others don't for a number of reasons. Some people (i.e. Don Cherry) think that wearing a visor means you're not tough, so most (all?) enforcers don't wear them. Coincidentally, a lot of "agitators" who dont typically fight will wear them. Other than that, it's mostly a comfort thing; players who aren't used to wearing a visor complain that it's like playing with a fishbowl around your head, limiting your perception/vision/etc. Part of it is cultural, too, I think. More European players wear them than do North American players. But that could just be due to NA players playing a more physical style than the Euros.

Damn, why no love for my Devils. Although we are slumping to start the year, Marty will get his game back. we r on the right path to victory!

NewJersey-300.jpg

LETS GO DEVILS!
The court heard that a friend saw Monti put Mr Jones's testicle into her mouth and try to swallow it.

Back
Top Bottom