Official Nike Air Yeezy II "Red" Thread NO BOT TALK--NO FAKE/GM TALK-NO BUY/SELL/TRADE TALK-- Ye to

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Kobe Y2's are real as rain. They were stolen from Nike and that's why they never put em out. That was a REAL colorway they were toying with. The same guy who bought em got another exclusive shoe that wasn't supposed to leave NIke as well. I think it was a LeBron. Either way, Kobe Y2's would have been fire.

The Y1 is a love letter to shoes of the 80s and early 90s. Those shoes fed my passion for footwear and that is why I gravitate to it. I laugh when I read that these shoes are just hyped "fusions" these aren't a Frankenstein model with no inspiration IMO.
Nike released the R1 i believe...that shoe sat, sent to outlets for $19.99...It was a Y1 without a strap essentially. People dont like to admit that the shoe is "iconic" due to the sheep mentality that came with it after the fact.

These shoe events and social media ****** all want people to believe that if they have a pair of Yeezys then their "shoeheads", "collectors", etc. etc. I've seen people sell their whole collection to just have 2 pairs of shoes in their closets, the 2 CW of Y2.

It's annoying when people credit Ye for the success of the company.

I think the hype tied to this shoe is above any other nike shoe.

Nike doesn't need Kanye. Kanye doesn't need nike. My point is that his collabs will always sell out.
I say the Air Mags were. That brought out consumers who ordinarily wouldn't thirst of a pair of shoes. If they released a GR or QS version, that would break the internet.
The Kobe Y2's are real as rain. They were stolen from Nike and that's why they never put em out. That was a REAL colorway they were toying with. The same guy who bought em got another exclusive shoe that wasn't supposed to leave NIke as well. I think it was a LeBron. Either way, Kobe Y2's would have been fire.
From what I remember, the shoe was made for Kobe. No release ever planned.

Last edited:
That guy with the "shadow" yeezys, i followed him on insta for a while, he deff has heat, but i think thats just a PS image. BUT he does/did have sample yeezy 2 kobe. And he told me in the comment last year this time that the kobe yeezy 2 had a sample tag of xmas 12. But as u can see they never came out last year. Maybe they really looking at this xmas.

Either way, them being stolen is what ultimately led to them not being produced. I was told it really upset Ye's camp.

Nike released the R1 i believe...that shoe sat, sent to outlets for $19.99...It was a Y1 without a strap essentially. People dont like to admit that the shoe is "iconic" due to the sheep mentality that came with it after the fact.

These shoe events and social media ****** all want people to believe that if they have a pair of Yeezys then their "shoeheads", "collectors", etc. etc. I've seen people sell their whole collection to just have 2 pairs of shoes in their closets, the 2 CW of Y2.

It's annoying when people credit Ye for the success of the company.

View media item 652875

These at best could be called a take down model of a Yeezy. That is being extremely generous.

I would never say that the Yeezy put NIKE on the map, to think that is silly.

Last edited:
Nike doesnt need Kanye. Everyone seems to forget their deal with the NFL.... NFL keeps expanding, so will Nike i dont see any other brand coming back to produce NFL gear

View media item 652871
would have all 3 cw's if this is how the Y1 turned out... they took a huge step backwards ...always thought that always will

View media item 652875

These at best could be called a take down model of a Yeezy. That is being extremely generous.

I would never say that the Yeezy put NIKE on the map, to think that is silly.

throw a strap and an air unit and viola yeezy 1 v.2 lol.

yep those RT's were def a yeezy without gids,strap,air unit,butt bumps

but they never caught any steam...had some ok cw's too

Last edited:
would have all 3 cw's if this is how the Y1 turned out... they took a huge step backwards ...always thought that always will
yep those RT's were def a yeezy without gids,strap,air unit

I concur. The GITD should have remained on the pods.

View media item 652871
yep those RT's were def a yeezy without gids,strap,air unit,butt bumps

They could have left the light up bottoms and replace it with gitd bottoms and still be on point.

Part of the allure about the line is that Kanye has his own Nike's, not his own shoes.

I think the allure of his LV's was that he has his own high-end Louis Vuttion sneakers, not simply his own shoes.

Part of it is Kanye West, the rap superstar with a (supposedly) distinguished, refined, and/or high-end fashion taste; the other part of it is Nike and LV, two of the most iconic brands worthy of matching his fashion tastes.

Swap out Nike and Louis Vuttion with adidas and some not-as-iconic luxury brand, and his sneakers won't be what they are. People just won't get as hyped or force themselves to get hyped about adidas, even if they are Kanye's, even if they looked exactly the same as the Yeezy 2. Maybe it will be comparable NOW, given what Ye already established with Nike; but there will be something missing.

Last edited:
^Thats the first time I've heard of that story too 
laugh.gif

You guys can laugh all you want, but I've seen more samples and PE exclusives then some you can dream of. And they all come from the same guy who told me this story. Take it for what it's worth.

You guys can laugh all you want, but I've seen more samples and PE exclusives then some you can dream of. And they all come from the same guy who told me this story. Take it for what it's worth.

That's your rebuttal? You get to take pictures/video of samples/PE's none of which you own? The jealousy is oozing out of my keystrokes right now.

That's glorified window shopping. :lol:

Last edited:
1. you guys are blind comparing the RT1 to the yeezy. you guys have no taste if you think if the the RT1 was branded a yeezy it would sell

2.the July 4 hyperfuse am 90s sat for weeks after pics of kanye wearing em on the web. saying they sold out instantly is false and a hype comment. he brought attention to them? yes. made them look good? sure. but most don't just cop what he wears blindly, you guys have a superficial understanding of the influence.

View media item 652817
View media item 652868
View media item 652870
View media item 652871This is what Kanye wanted the midsole to look like for the Y1. This is 100x better than the existing midsole used. I believe that NIKE didn't want to spend the cash to make a new tooling and that is why the Y1 and Y2 uses the midsoles they use.

I LOVE that midsole. :smokin

there's a lot of mag influence with the insole he wanted. but I saw in a video or something he said they couldn't agree/decide on a midsole design so they went with an existing one. yes there's no question that he takes a lot of influence from specific retro models. doesn't make the shoe any less dope, he adds something unique to a silhouette that makes it dope. super high padding on y1, fins on y2. and he had help from Nike designers

Last edited:
I would never pay the kind of money samples require, it's a waste. We're talking 2-4 K on shoes that don't have any quality leather, or finer materials. So yes, I have never bought any of the pairs I've seen, touched, recorded, or photographed.

But the sample game road leads to one place, and basically 2 people. (Without going into detail) And those people know a lot of the behind the scenes crap we don't. They told me the story and that's that. Not gonna start a debate, just because people in here like to play "one up".

Seriously, I am jonesing hard for that Red Yeezy 2. I would have a strategy lined up to cop, but I don't have any info on how and when they are releasing. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom