Official Nike Breast Cancer Thread - Volume It deserves its own Thread

Originally Posted by V1nsanity3

FTW!

Yo Marley,
I saw the same thing last night, they were up on Footlocker.com with the same size run as eastbay,
but you couldn't add nothing to your cart...

So were they really up or were they not...?

My guess is they went up on Footlocker yesterday morning the same time. So the orders placed on either Footlocker or Eastbay were pulling fromthe same inventory. I noticed them on Footlocker cuz I was on there desperately trying to find a pair of the Grey/White/Metallic Silver Hyperdunks in a size12, the "unmcflys" as some call them. Footlocker and Eastbay both show them in stock but when you add to cart they are out. Man I want those shoesbad!

Originally Posted by ISRAEL5EKLA

I got my size 9 yesterday thanks to whoever posted the eastbay link.

I will sell these and ALL the money will go to charity/hopistals

F nike. $2? smh.
Your welcome!!!

I am the seller of the 10 and 10.5 on Ebay.

And as far as the sizing issues for the women, that was a mistake that was fixed. How making an error in a listing makes me any less of a shoe collector isbeyond me, but hey, you got to point and laugh at me. Well played.

The offer for $400 was turned down because the buyer was from Hong Kong and I do not sell shoes internationally via PayPal.

As far as reselling, it is all a cycle. I resell and make profit. I use the money to buy other shoes, from resellers, that I was not able to purchase for myown personal collection. They make a profit.

In the end, everyone is satisfied- sellers ended up with a profit and the buyer paid for and received what they wanted to purchase.

Now if you want to argue the point that this specific shoe is should not be considered a "normal" resell shoe because $2 of the retail price goestowards breast cancer, I can see that argument and understand your view. I do not agree with it, but I understand it.

And if you want to get into a debate about donating to a charity, I am a firm believer that donating your time (which I have done) is more important thandonating your cash (which I have done).

No argument from me, Cartman.
Thanks for the post, but no need to explain or "defend" yourself.
Do you.
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by ucjb2

Nike is an offical sponsor of the Kay Yow Cancer fund, as you can see on the website. Which I hope everyone gets a chance to visit.

http://www.wbca.org/kayyowwbcacancerfund.asphttp://www.wbca.org/kayyowwbcacancerfund.asp

On the surface, the $2 per item sold given for the initiative does look bad, but Nike dedicates many other funds, as well as providing all of the uniforms and shoes to schools in order to raise awareness for the cause.

I will never sit here and praise Nike for their generousity and great execution of charity shoes, trust, but they are doing something, and there are pairs in most sizes that people can still get at reasonable cost. Unfortunatly the demand for these really only lies uppon resellers and basketball fans, who are also sneaker fans, who may have been directly affected by this disease.

It would have been nice to see more sizes and a couple hundred pairs, to slow any reselling, but the blue chips are still a beautiful shoe, attainable by anyone on eastbay and NDC. They have not sold out.

The $2 thing is not a good excuse for reselling. And Niketowns do phone orders, which is how I got a 7 and a 7.5 for my mother and her best friend who is battling the disease.

So reselling from NikeTowns and buying on eastbay or NDC to resell is truly in poor taste. Your not helping somone in Kansas who could have access to these shoes.

HOH with 50 or so pairs between the 3 is the only place that was inacessable for most.

And I would not take issue, except that an individual with a 10 and 10.5 from Nike.com turned town a $400 offer for both pairs of his shoes. When there is no way he will be getting any more than that, because he wanted to let the auctions run their course, in hopes of getting the $250 and $280 BIN prices he wanted. I hope the individual who offered him got his pairs of eastbay.

I have never praised anyone who resells, nor supported it. I have however camped out and made tons of phone calls in order to secure shoes over the years. I hardly get hooked up, yet im happy to get those I know shoes at cost whenever possible.

Theres no justifying trying to squeeze pennies on these.
Your argument sounds ridiculous. You're saying that because you were able to get a size 7 and 7.5 on a phone order from eastbay, that meansthat resellers aren't helping people out who weren't able to get their sizes and live nowhere near HOH? PLEASE.

I want a 10.5 for myself. Can I just call up Eastbay right now and secure my pair by phone order? NO. Therefore, some people (like myself) have no choicebut to turn to ebay and cop their pairs from resellers. So yes, they are helping people in Kansas (or in my case Chicago) who could have had access to theseshoes but missed out by several hours b/c they have other things to do with their time than post up on Eastbay hoping and praying that the shoe they want willrandomly pop up. So get off your high horse.

If you want to hustle, then do so, its certianly your right and no one needs to say that.

I just find it disapointing that poeple act a certain way in how they type on this board, then in reality you find that they are completely differentindividuals who merely hide behind a computer screen.

Again anyone can insult anyone here with easy, and my point was never to do so.
Anyone can pretend to be anyone online, and be different people in hundreds of different places.

My point was to make certain indiviudals reflect about their decisions, let them test what type of person they really are.

So people are saying that they ordered these with their primary motivation being to help others get them who are less fortunate. If that is the case and I amblessed by the graces of some sneaker saints then please accept my regards. If that was the truth then why not sell them for say $140.00 to cover the cost andthe pains of the labors you endured in order to preform a service in obtaining these for others.

But dont try and play it off like you are doing this for others if your in the game for the money, thats ignorance son, concious incompetence. Yall want ahundred or two profit on top of retail.

No one has to defend themselves, but the fact that poeple are is the greatest indication that they know they have done something moraly questionable.

Originally Posted by ucjb2

If you want to hustle, then do so, its certianly your right and no one needs to say that.

I just find it disapointing that poeple act a certain way in how they type on this board, then in reality you find that they are completely different individuals who merely hide behind a computer screen.

Again anyone can insult anyone here with easy, and my point was never to do so.
Anyone can pretend to be anyone online, and be different people in hundreds of different places.

My point was to make certain indiviudals reflect about their decisions, let them test what type of person they really are.

So people are saying that they ordered these with their primary motivation being to help others get them who are less fortunate. If that is the case and I am blessed by the graces of some sneaker saints then please accept my regards. If that was the truth then why not sell them for say $140.00 to cover the cost and the pains of the labors you endured in order to preform a service in obtaining these for others.

But dont try and play it off like you are doing this for others if your in the game for the money, thats ignorance son, concious incompetence. Yall want a hundred or two profit on top of retail.

No one has to defend themselves, but the fact that poeple are is the greatest indication that they know they have done something moraly questionable.

So let me get this straight... selling shoes for a profit is morally questionable? In that case Nike and every retailer that sells Nikes is going straight tohell. You sound like a bafoon.

Originally Posted by AIRCARTMAN

As far as reselling, it is all a cycle. I resell and make profit. I use the money to buy other shoes, from resellers, that I was not able to purchase for my own personal collection. They make a profit.

In the end, everyone is satisfied- sellers ended up with a profit and the buyer paid for and received what they wanted to purchase.

Very true, although I dont resell that is a very good point

Originally Posted by 23king24

lisa leslie and the other girl are rockin them in the Celeb game. they look so pretty.

lisa leslie...and the other girl was kara lawson
84787435.jpg

michael denton wearing the blue chips
817ece164757e5ae7c6399bb2c5501de-getty-84721192ra002_celebrity_game.jpg

^
I hadn't seen those on eastbay yet,

and they're listed as "mens"
hmm..

I say you're not late, lol

but if you're asking if you're late as in....
you didn't know they had blue chips, then yes..

not sure what you meant, and I'm confused now.. stopping typing n..

weird how eastbay is selling them for 78 when msrp is 75...but they go to a 14!!! a wmns 14 though

Originally Posted by V1nsanity3

next day air FTW
word to OSUBASS1
i got 'em yesterday, and i think these shoes are great.

i only wish a few more people could get them.

Originally Posted by shaqrules

weird how eastbay is selling them for 78 when msrp is 75...but they go to a 14!!! a wmns 14 though

thought it was size 14 mens???

Finally get a credit card to order the hyperdunks and they're gone. Eastbay the only spot that got these?

Eastbay, NDC, Footlocker.com all the HOH's and 4 NT's.

Still seems that the total count is around 100 pairs or so. Sold out online everywhere they dropped INSTANTLY.

Ebay is your only shot at this point.

I tried as hard as i possibly could to get these with no luck. Hell i'd pull the ebay trigger on any of those $200-300 auctions if there was a 12(for anon-ridiculous price)or even an 11.5.

If anyone has a 12 or 11.5 and wants to sell or trade it PLEASE hit me up.

Serious props to everyone who tried to help me out like Vinsanity3 and searchinforjays. The efforts are very appreciated and those favors will be returnedregardless of the fact we struck out.

Was at HOH Chicago yesterday and talked to the store manager. He said they had a full size run up to 13. So evidently we have some non-nt'ers out therethat got them. He said they even had a couple sizes left to sell after all the ticketed customers got theirs.

On a side note, I e-mailed the guy on ebay with the size 12 for 1,200 bucks.

My message:
Hey man. Hows it goin. Honestly I was curious what your real price is on the Pink sz 12s. The shoes arent even bringing over 300 and there's quite a few onebay. So honestly man let me know what you are really think you would like to get for them.

His response:
sorry i have much better offer so i cant make it 300.

smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom