Official Nike Breast Cancer Thread - Volume It deserves its own Thread

Originally Posted by mjt26

I'm going to give Nike the benefit of the doubt on that two dollar thing. It says a minimum for each product. They also have a t-shirt and in the past have had hats on other stuff. Please note that other organizations also sell Kay Yow inspired products. Nike is a founding partner for the foundation, so I'm hoping someone was just being lazy by putting up the minimum, which makes them look like cheapos.

Yes.. but no other Organizations can sell Items with the Flipped Ribbon which is Nike's Product idea. So to list that they would put up a minimum of $2 isdumb. They might as well left that part off.

Its one thing when Millions of Livestrong Bands were sold for $1 making the organization alot of money, but its not like Millions of shoes in Blue Chip formwill be sold. Nor T-Shirts.

Originally Posted by RockDeep

I'm going to give Nike the benefit of the doubt on that two dollar thing. It says a minimum for each product. They also have a t-shirt and in the past have had hats on other stuff. Please note that other organizations also sell Kay Yow inspired products. Nike is a founding partner for the foundation, so I'm hoping someone was just being lazy by putting up the minimum, which makes them look like cheapos.

Yes.. but no other Organizations can sell Items with the Flipped Ribbon which is Nike's Product idea. So to list that they would put up a minimum of $2 is dumb. They might as well left that part off.

Its one thing when Millions of Livestrong Bands were sold for $1 making the organization alot of money, but its not like Millions of shoes in Blue Chip form will be sold. Nor T-Shirts.
Any idea why they went with the flipped ribbon?

The flipped ribbon makes a Y for Yow. It's also quite similar to the font of the V in the Jimmy V Foundation.

Rock- Laziness often does lead to people looking dumb. You would think that with all the criticism that Nike receives, they would pay more attention to stufflike $2. But then again, Nike does a lot of questionable things.

i tried callin nike and they said that the blue chips were sold out...or are they holding them for the release date

The flipped ribbon makes a Y for Yow. It's also quite similar to the font of the V in the Jimmy V Foundation.

Rock- Laziness often does lead to people looking dumb. You would think that with all the criticism that Nike receives, they would pay more attention to stuff like $2. But then again, Nike does a lot of questionable things.

touche'

i tried callin nike and they said that the blue chips were sold out...or are they holding them for the release date

I wish I had the style # for them.. Stryka.. care to post the style #s of those up? We can call and ask Special Orders or Nike Customer service about them and Complain or request a pair for our family member.

Ta daaa

Originally Posted by RockDeep

Rock- Laziness often does lead to people looking dumb. You would think that with all the criticism that Nike receives, they would pay more attention to stuff like $2. But then again, Nike does a lot of questionable things.

touche'

I wish I had the style # for them.. Stryka.. care to post the style #s of those up? We can call and ask Special Orders or Nike Customer service about them and Complain or request a pair for our family member.

Ta daaa
324820-611

i was going to cop because of the charity part but i realized that i really didnt need shoes to make a dontation.....so i just made a dontation to thefoundation and people saying they are doing it for charity most of the time are bs i did it for my grandma who passed earlier in the week......

True,

But our football team does a Breast Cancer Benefit every year as well as my Radio Show does stuff for our community which gives to the Breast Cancer AwarenessOrganization in the area, so although you can donate on your own.. to say people wanting to have something like this which is rare is a BS thing isn'treally always true.

Everyone has an attachment and no one really gives attention to the cause quite like this... which is where I will give Nike credit. But everyone includingthem can always do more.

How many give to charity after buying or not buying any of the Doernbecher releases??? Really Nike gives $2 per shoe, that probably only cost like $20 tomake ( I am guessing) I do not know anyone with breast cancer but my wife and I walk to raise money for Breast Cancer.

there's a pair of bc hd's on ebay right now coming out of texas. i'm wondering how some of them leaked out?!?! some good out of the seller though,he has it set up so that 10% of the end price goes directly to the american breast cancer foundation. that's better than the "min $2" comin fromnike.

Dude the fact that a Reseller can donate more than Nike themselves is pretty sad.

IF this ends up being a limited release.. WHICH it may not from some contacts info Im hearing but its not confirmed... It would be sad Nike is donating only $2bucks a shoe, because with so few produced.. Nike won't be making much anyway.. so if the profit is low Why not just donate it all?

Im holding out faith some of the better sensed folks entended this so Promo could produce a few more for retail and NDC...

I called and spoke with a Nike CSR earlier today and she couldnt find the style code. Had no info. SMH

I neeeeed these sooo bad. cancer has affected my life over teh past few months so much...so I really want a pair. If anyone can help me out and pick a pair upfor me, I'd REALLY appreciate it!!! Btw...you'd get some extra cash for helpin me out.

Just called HoHLA and they are confirming a Mon Feb 9th release date.

This works out perfectly for me since I work from home and can basically make my own schedule. Hopefully the resellers are stuck at school or an 8 to 5 gig.

yea so the guy from ebay said he got his 2 pairs from NT LA.... he said the pulled them off already

"
Q: Niketown in California... I already called the store and they have pulled the shoes from the shel... show all
Q: Niketown in California... I already called the store and they have pulled the shoes from the shelves and wont release again until the 9th. I got two of thelast pairs though. The size 10 you see and another size 8. "

This whole thing is getting lame. Nike releases a shoes for a good cause, yet makes them super limited.. Just release the damn shoes as GR. Why make it so damnhard to get.

Originally Posted by Hyperdank1

This whole thing is getting lame. Nike releases a shoes for a good cause, yet makes them super limited.. Just release the damn shoes as GR. Why make it so damn hard to get.
Amen amen amen!!! Btw welcome to NT

Dude the fact that a Reseller can donate more than Nike themselves is pretty sad.
It really is, Nike doesnt care much.

Im donating all profit to a few churches and hospitals if I get my hands on a pair.

Im confused. I had my order on some Spizikes Cancelled.. and my order on the Blue Chips were cancelled as well.. then I check back today and it says my entireorder for Blue Chips and Kay Yows shirts shipped.

The Blue Chips only came in women sizes by the way... I had to get a 13 and got a few for the wifey and mom.

Back
Top Bottom