Official Nike Kyrie IV Thread

I’m wondering why this is a bad thing?

If it’s not broken why fix it? If the shoes are working well for the athlete, why make drastic changes.

Remember when Lebron ditched his signature shoe for the one released a year prior? (Can’t remember the model)

Remember when Kobe stopped wearing the 7 (cause they were trash) and wore the take down model?

Drastic changes aren’t always a good thing.

I'm not saying they even need to make "drastic" changes...I am saying it would be nice if all of Kyrie's shoes weren't built with the same materials as the takedown Nikes you'd see at places like Rack Room Shoes. This is the 4th signature shoe of one of the most popular players in the world who had the top selling shoe last year...there's no reason why there shouldn't be some type of newer technology in his shoes by now.

This is the 4th signature shoe of one of the most popular players in the world who had the top selling shoe last year...there's no reason why there shouldn't be some type of newer technology in his shoes by now.

This is why Nike isn't eager to start throwing more tech on the shoe. It's (relatively) cheap, and that's why it's selling. Kyrie himself has whatever tech and orthotics he needs in his PEs.

It's disappointing on the consumer side (well, sneaker enthusiast side) that the design has barely changed, but obviously it's a formula that works. Killer traction and court feel, good lockdown, low price.

KD was wearing plastic shoes until his 8th sneaker.

I'm not saying they even need to make "drastic" changes...I am saying it would be nice if all of Kyrie's shoes weren't built with the same materials as the takedown Nikes you'd see at places like Rack Room Shoes. This is the 4th signature shoe of one of the most popular players in the world who had the top selling shoe last year...there's no reason why there shouldn't be some type of newer technology in his shoes by now.

Margin$

They look like a combo of the 1 and 3 to me.

They look better than I thought initially. It will depend on the color ways. I'll probably get the first one.

I really dig the look of the 4's. Best Kyrie's to date imo. The 2''s hurt my feet after just walking half an hour in them so I sold them after a few months.Have no idea how Kyrie played in them at all so cushlon sounds good for these

Last edited:
1BE49907-FB17-4233-A0DD-0D1CDEC04189.jpeg
My finishline is selling the blk/wht colorway already. Copped a sz 10

Last edited:
Really excited for some pics of better colorways. These Gold/Silvers sound interesting and I am betting the allstars will be very cool.

First par of kyries for me. Will play in them tonight. Went with my true size , but fell a little narrow. I understand that past kyries are also narrow and snug ?

Every Kyrie for me feels narrow as all hell and hurts my feet. And I don't even have a wide foot, mine are pretty narrow.

While the design language is very similar to the I and the III, I like that they kept it simple. Can't wait to see the Celtics colorways.

and i thought the 3rd model was a step behind the 2nd model. These look really repetitive to the 3rd pair. All these talented people and ya'll come up with this model:smh:

They better do another surprise first release like with the Samurais. The black ice looking pair too plain to be the first

Last edited:
Well, my playing days are over, and just how the black Ice got me, these are sucking me in again. I hate the heel turn!

Glad to hear that there's cushlon foam in these, but the design is still lackluster.

On feet they look sick
via: @the_beautiful_loser on IG

Attachments

• 24332153_621967924861399_7182646325052178432_n(1).jpg
    24332153_621967924861399_7182646325052178432_n(1).jpg
    309.3 KB · Views: 98
Back
Top Bottom