**OFFICIAL NIKE TECH FLEECE/TECH KNIT THREAD** - SEE FAQ on First Page

So you agree prices are inflated.
Sounds good, lets all keep paying more because YOU feel its an elite product.

I on the other hand can stretch ANY decent pair of sports socks from walmart and see knit patterns every bit as complex as any nike shoe.
You drank the kool aid bro, sorry.
Look how damn complex even a jersey is., look closely.

Nike is knitting fancy to up charge.
I like and own plenty of items ( from the outlet)
Its really not special tho and like any other product can be critiqued

I didnt see " flyknit fan boys only" in the title.

Im complaining about prices.....you guys are complaining about complaints

Look at Nike's gross margin over the last decade, it's hovered between 43-46%. They're not just marking up stuff hugely without investing in the business. If they were, you would see it in their publicly reported numbers.

FK and TK machines aren't just easily set on autopilot and then you've got tons and tons of stuff. You need to factor in the cost of the machines, R&D, marketing, etc. And those machines that do the knitting? They're operated by people with six figure salaries and advanced degrees.

Perhaps you don't think it's worth it. Perhaps you think Nike's margins should be lower. But there hasn't been a huge change in their margins over the last decade so they're not overpricing things anymore than they were a decade ago.

Last edited:
Look at Nike's gross margin over the last decade, it's hovered between 43-46%. They're not just marking up stuff hugely without investing in the business. If they were, you would see it in their publicly reported numbers.

FK and TK machines aren't just easily set on autopilot and then you've got tons and tons of stuff. You need to factor in the cost of the machines, R&D, marketing, etc. And those machines that do the knitting? They're operated by people with six figure salaries and advanced degrees.

Perhaps you don't think it's worth it. Perhaps you think Nike's margins should be lower. But there hasn't been a huge change in their margins over the last decade so they're not overpricing things anymore than they were a decade ago.

im telling you. read the sock comment. theres no getting through.

Last edited:
They use different thicknesses and colors of yarn.
That really is no more complex.
Its aestetic.
Its nice but not amazing at all.
Agree to disagree.
Have a good one

how come some retailers have certain color schemes of tech fleece shorts others dont? like why does finishline seem to be the only one with grey tf shorts with the neon swoosh and lace?

how come some retailers have certain color schemes of tech fleece shorts others dont? like why does finishline seem to be the only one with grey tf shorts with the neon swoosh and lace?

some sites just have old colorways and they havnt sold through their stock yet. While some places sell their stock relatively quick and get the new colorways in when the seasons change. the one you're talking about as an older colorway so they will not be available in alot of places any more.

some sites just have old colorways and they havnt sold through their stock yet. While some places sell their stock relatively quick and get the new colorways in when the seasons change. the one you're talking about as an older colorway so they will not be available in alot of places any more.
gotcha. i actually like that one more so i ordered it. the neon sets it off. wish it was on a disco

Last edited:

Its possible they have the wrong image for the current season. Most major retailers send back their inventory to Nike which is why you have clearance sales on NDC. Smaller outlets usually push for that instore burn sale but sometimes has a few pieces left over. 

When in doubt always rely on the sku not the image cuz the Volt accent TF shorts are from a few seasons ago. 

Again not sure the issue on USO pricing, the TK bomber is 250 which equivalent to the USO JKT 300

The reg. WR is 130 and the USO one 200. 

I forget who it was I think it was @TR23  said it best this thread has been trash since TF Gate. Everyone expects a deal now in here. 
mean.gif

Fashionable clothes are expensive we all know that, if the price isnt right then dont buy it... its that simple 

Its possible they have the wrong image for the current season. Most major retailers send back their inventory to Nike which is why you have clearance sales on NDC. Smaller outlets usually push for that instore burn sale but sometimes has a few pieces left over. 

When in doubt always rely on the sku not the image cuz the Volt accent TF shorts are from a few seasons ago. 
hm. guess we'll see when it gets here. but fnl is usually on point, i dont think theyd have the image up and send something else

Again not sure the issue on USO pricing, the TK bomber is 250 which equivalent to the USO JKT 300

The reg. WR is 130 and the USO one 200. 

I forget who it was I think it was @TR23
 said it best this thread has been trash since TF Gate. Everyone expects a deal now in here. :smh:

Fashionable clothes are expensive we all know that, if the price isnt right then dont buy it... its that simple 

PREACH!

hm. guess we'll see when it gets here. but fnl is usually on point, i dont think theyd have the image up and send something else

youd be surprised :lol:. hope you get the color you want though!

This > back and forth about pricing, which leads to trash comments.

Need to look at the bigger picture outside of NT.

This > back and forth about pricing, which leads to trash comments.

Need to look at the bigger picture outside of NT.

the problem is that people see it costs nike $1 to make something, and they charge $100 for it. What people fail to account for is all the other stuff that goes into a product aside from production alone. People think R&D, Marketing, Paying the athletes people idolize so they wear the product, etc are free...

Last edited:
the problem is that people see it costs nike $1 to make something, and they charge $100 for it. What people fail to account for is all the other stuff that goes into a product aside from production alone. People think R&D, Marketing, Paying the athletes people idolize so they wear the product, etc are free...
Exactly. That or thinks that the general public knows how much different versions of TK/TK cost versus how cheap you can get it on sale/promo. Basic business principles, people.

Unless deemed limited, most everything Nike goes on sale. For those who think $200 is a lot for a $130 windrunner, keep your eye on the product and look for the discount. If that's too much, use a credit card that offers price protection so you can pay the discounted price.

Relax, we're all on the same side except for one dude. But bottom line yeah if you don't like it, don't buy it, simple enough. I like the TK pieces but haven't found them at a price point that interests me yet so I've stayed away. But I'm not *****ing about it.

It is annoying when dudes ignore facts, hence why I mentioned actual #s. I hope the dude hasn't been copping any Nike ever then, because they're just as "overpriced" now as they were 10-15-20 years ago.

Last edited:
Not to contribute but you can't tell me a pair of cheap hanes socks from Walmart is the equivalent too a pair of Nike elite socks. Wash your face. That's the only thing I grabbed from that rant

Ppl need to understand. You may not agree with how much something is, but let that be you. Don't tell others how to live. Same goes for the other side. Hell I won't pay retail for TK but I won't knock anyone for it. And I will agree that everyone in here who owns TK, swears by it

That being said lets chillax and get back on track

Back
Top Bottom