🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread

Odd combination of Nike gear for Federer practicing in Stuttgart today. The RF20 shirt from Melbourne, shorts from Cincinnati 2016, and on his feet were the 9.5 Flyknits from Wimbledon last year.

Did Nike not send him a fresh box of gear for the grass season or what?

Yeah cincy 15 shorts, although he does do this sometimes

Euro media jumping the gun on UniQlo which isn't surprising at all. Fed said today that his contract expired with Nike, and they're currently talking. But definitely hasn't signed with UniQlo. Also said that if anything happens, he's inform everyone immediately

Insane for him to leave, who here has even heard of the other brand??? If he does though, Nike got him in the prime of his career, so it wouldn't be the worsrt thing ever. If Nadal leaves though too, Nike better find another up and coming mens player fast. Serena, Maria, and Genie are still doing things for the womens side.

E6611162-2F9B-4157-ADA1-D458A28136AA.png
E6611162-2F9B-4157-ADA1-D458A28136AA.png
Rafa Wimbledon top?

It would be interesting to see what designs would come about if Federer switched to Uniqlo. I like their stuff.

Need some hat help. Lost an all black featherlight this weekend that had a smaller Nike court (maybe rubber) logo centered on the front middle. Back closure was Velcro(ish). It’s a few years old. If anyone has a style number or idea of the name, I would REALLY appreciate it. Hotel can’t find it.

Insane for him to leave, who here has even heard of the other brand??? If he does though, Nike got him in the prime of his career, so it wouldn't be the worsrt thing ever. If Nadal leaves though too, Nike better find another up and coming mens player fast. Serena, Maria, and Genie are still doing things for the womens side.

They are gigantic outside of the US; it sounds crazy for him to leave until one considers the magnitude of the contract ($30m/year for 10 years on a 37 year old player??). Remember though, RF is the most endorsed athlete on the planet. I'd be shocked if Nike let him slip. They tried low balling KD, too, until Under Armor offered him the world and he stuck with Nike. Nike should lock up RF to a lifetime deal like MJ and LBJ.

Genie isn’t doing **** for her tennis career and for Nike as well. Also, there ISN’T any up and coming make player that’s gonna fill the void that would be there if Nadal and Federer were to leave. Djokovic wore Uniqlo and he won everything under the sun from 2011-2016, did you watch Tennis at all during this time?

Nike owns the RF and the Rafa Bull logos and they’re both nearing the end of their careers, especially Fed. So I don’t see either leaving.

Does Genie still play Tennis professional? :nerd::lol:

Uniqlo is a huge brand. I think they're on pace to do $20B in revenue this year. Less than Nike, sure, but still in the same ballpark.

Yeah, a lot of people have heard of uniqlo. One of the best brands for simple stuff. Recently bought some awesome shorts from them.

Based on a friends source, I think Nike offered to MATCH 30 mil/year for the first 3 years then 10 mil/year for the following 7 years.

That would be a good deal as his career is NOT going past 3 more years...

Based on a friends source, I think Nike offered to MATCH 30 mil/year for the first 3 years then 10 mil/year for the following 7 years.

If he keeps skipping Clay season and even more and more tournaments he might. I can see him skipping AO and the clay court season and just playing Grass to USO.

Fed will play just grass by the end. His longevity is crazy.
Expect his shirt prices to be even higher if he resigns lol
Fed has a fanbase any decision he goes with guys. I think everyones disappointed if he leaves. But money talks i cant knock 30 million a year. Thats way over what the biggest movie stars earn

Contract isn't based on playing years. He will collect that money per year even after he retires. Easy choice, bye Swoosh.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom