🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread

Just saw the Nike Court Tech 1 Tennis Bag. I need lol.

But I'm with you guys, majority of the Nike Tennis gear prices are too high for me to justify paying.

This bag is THE BEST!! I saw it several years ago, after Nike stopped producing it (sadly). I had just decided to get back into the sport and I needed a new bag as the bag I had was a Prince 3 racquet from late 90s/early2000s.

Saw the Tech 1 and wanted it, but with Nike stopped making it, I had to find mine from a tennis shop overseas at the time (France or Italy). Only place that had the hot lava colorway in stock. Paid like $100 shipped as it was on sale but it's been SO WORTH IT! I keep 6 racquets in it, my Nike hat and a spare pair of shoes (see pics and see if you know all 6 of my racquets 😎).
PXL_20211025_163359049.jpg
PXL_20211025_163406364.jpg
PXL_20211025_163443583.jpg
PXL_20211025_163601009.jpg
PXL_20211025_163606589.jpg

Search eBay or have it as a saved search so when one pops up, you'll get the alert. I've seen several on there fairly recently and the prices were not bad for something lightly used.

This bag is THE BEST!! I saw it several years ago, after Nike stopped producing it (sadly). I had just decided to get back into the sport and I needed a new bag as the bag I had was a Prince 3 racquet from late 90s/early2000s.

Saw the Tech 1 and wanted it, but with Nike stopped making it, I had to find mine from a tennis shop overseas at the time (France or Italy). Only place that had the hot lava colorway in stock. Paid like $100 shipped as it was on sale but it's been SO WORTH IT! I keep 6 racquets in it, my Nike hat and a spare pair of shoes (see pics and see if you know all 6 of my racquets 😎).

Search eBay or have it as a saved search so when one pops up, you'll get the alert. I've seen several on there fairly recently and the prices were not bad for something lightly used.
Yeah, I saw three of the Dark Blue colorway of the bag pop up on eBay over the weekend. One was listed at $200 and quickly sold out. I'll keep looking.

But I'm with you guys, majority of the Nike Tennis gear prices are too high for me to justify paying.

The construction and fabric quality is better than most of the stuff out there IMO. hard to tell if you are only looking at the pictures on the internet but when you see them in person you'll see why. The fabrics are engineered, the seams are bonded, the hems are lasers cut- its right up there with high quality running brands like arcteryx and Salomon s lab which are not cheap at all.

This only goes for the slam stuff tho- not victory, challenger, training, etc

The construction and fabric quality is better than most of the stuff out there IMO. hard to tell if you are only looking at the pictures on the internet but when you see them in person you'll see why. The fabrics are engineered, the seams are bonded, the hems are lasers cut- its right up there with high quality running brands like arcteryx and Salomon s lab which are not cheap at all.

This only goes for the slam stuff tho- not victory, challenger, training, etc
This is very true apart from that if you take care of it they will last you for years, by the way in the factory Nike manufactures tennis clothes?

A shame this didn’t catch on at the tour level b/c nike was light years ahead with this idea. All I’ve been seeing lately are these independent small bag brands like geau sports, cancha, etc popping up all over the place and theirs is literally a Walmart version of that tech 1 but seven years later lol

Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 9.43.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 9.43.12 PM.png

This is very true apart from that if you take care of it they will last you for years, by the way in the factory Nike manufactures tennis clothes?

not sure what you mean here? they would use different factories depending on the type of clothing.

Last edited:
A shame this didn’t catch on at the tour level b/c nike was light years ahead with this idea. All I’ve been seeing lately are these independent small bag brands like geau sports, cancha, etc popping up all over the place and theirs is literally a Walmart version of that tech 1 but seven years later lol

not sure what you mean here? they would use different factories depending on the type of clothing.

If so, in which factory are the shoes made

You aren’t a fan of the Geau bags? All the reviews I’ve seen of them, people really like them.
Thanks to forums like this, I’ve learned of this Nike bag. Played against a guy a few weeks ago had this bag, and I was like, where the heck did you get this? Is a really sharp bag, too bad Nike stopped making them

You aren’t a fan of the Geau bags? All the reviews I’ve seen of them, people really like them.
Thanks to forums like this, I’ve learned of this Nike bag. Played against a guy a few weeks ago had this bag, and I was like, where the heck did you get this? Is a really sharp bag, too bad Nike stopped making them
It was very little visionary on the part of Nike, that bag if it continued to be manufactured would have been excellent apart from being very beautiful and if there were other colors even better, I do not know for an apparent reason Nike stopped it from factories I would say it would be because of the fact that its athletes went they would not use it as almost everyone had contracts with racket brands and had to use the brand's bags

It was very little visionary on the part of Nike, that bag if it continued to be manufactured would have been excellent apart from being very beautiful and if there were other colors even better, I do not know for an apparent reason Nike stopped it from factories I would say it would be because of the fact that its athletes went they would not use it as almost everyone had contracts with racket brands and had to use the brand's bags
Nadal still wears a bag with the Nike court logo, there he has spare clothes and other things, it seems that it is a model that Nike manufactures exclusively for him or he just uses an old one

Nadal still wears a bag with the Nike court logo, there he has spare clothes and other things, it seems that it is a model that Nike manufactures exclusively for him or he just uses an old one
Nike racquet bags are pretty rare for the reasons you described earlier (racquet brand contracts), but Nike endorsed tennis players will sometimes carry Nike duffels bags of some sort. Same with Tsistipas and his Adidas bag for his bathroom breaks

Played tonight using a dampener on my racquet and I think I enjoy the feel a lot more. Against my friend, I lost my first set 2-6, but won the second set 7-5. A lot of mental mistakes and positioning could have been avoided, but I was impatient.

Played tonight using a dampener on my racquet and I think I enjoy the feel a lot more. Against my friend, I lost my first set 2-6, but won the second set 7-5. A lot of mental mistakes and positioning could have been avoided, but I was impatient.
Dampener or no dampener, it's all down to personal preference. For me, a dampener also gets rid of that ping sound, which I don't like.

Ever since I started playing tennis, and got an actual real racquet that needed to be strung (1990ish) I always played with a vibration dampener. Tried the Agassi rubber band trick but that didn't mute the ping, so I went to a Gamma Shockbuster.

rs.jpeg

This is the one you feed through the strings at the bottom cross string and weave it between the vertical strings and clip each end. It's filled with a gel and it really takes out the ping. Been using these for, geez, 30 years. Always have a few spares in my bag. And they're cheap too. Only a couple of bucks. But worth it if you want your racquet to be quiet.

Ever since I started playing tennis, and got an actual real racquet that needed to be strung (1990ish) I always played with a vibration dampener. Tried the Agassi rubber band trick but that didn't mute the ping, so I went to a Gamma Shockbuster.

rs.jpeg

This is the one you feed through the strings at the bottom cross string and weave it between the vertical strings and clip each end. It's filled with a gel and it really takes out the ping. Been using these for, geez, 30 years. Always have a few spares in my bag. And they're cheap too. Only a couple of bucks. But worth it if you want your racquet to be quiet.
Thanks for the rec. I have a plain Wilson one at the moment. But never used a dampener like that before. I'll take a look!

I go with my trusty rubber band. I started using it in 1991 cuz I saw Andre use it, but now it's just become my go-to setup on all my racquets. Rubber band, Tourna Grip and leather grip is the constant on all my sticks. Has been since the early 90's.

Having said that, I did mess around with this very early back in the day... 😅
1635453043690.png

Full bed of Velocity MLT 1.25 is really good on the feel and sound without dampener. Poly full bed and the older it gets, dampener helps a lot imho

Is Velocity MLT a good alternative to Prince synthetic gut?

If you are new to tennis I would highly recommend you play test as many string setups as you can to see what works best for you. Slight differences like just changing tension, gauge sizes or from a round to shaped string can have a noticeable effect. Having said that, syn gut has some pros (mostly value oriented) but in general its a middle of the road option. The best playability is still nat gut/poly followed by copoly, soft poly, multi variations in descending order

Back
Top Bottom