OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.3%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.4%

• Total voters
Today’s wear

BFD6548A-E825-4A9D-88F8-BF51AB9A9BF3.jpeg

What happened to that Trainer re-release/retro? Racers were always popular but when the Trainers dropped the 2nd time, they didn’t seem to be anywhere as popular as the Racers were, it was odd.

i think that release had to do with combination of lacking cw’s and dying hype of Flyknit technology.

everyone was excited when the white & black trainers released but everything else after that was lacking excitement and awaiting deep discount.

When and if Nike does a Racer retro, I hope they learned from the Trainer retro release

i think that release had to do with combination of lacking cw’s and dying hype of Flyknit technology.

everyone was excited when the white & black trainers released but everything else after that was lacking excitement and awaiting deep discount.

When and if Nike does a Racer retro, I hope they learned from the Trainer retro release

Yeah you bring up a good point, I remember when people were amazed with Flyknit being added to the Kobe 9 Elites-there was still a lot of allure to the Flyknit technology back then. Nowadays, it’s become extremely commonplace because there are so many models that have or have had it since then. Maybe Nike is vaulting Racers for awhile so they can make the retros special... I’d love to have proper OG Volt and B/W Racer retros in a few years. I think it really helps that the model had a ton of casual appeal as well.

Anyone got any feedback on the sizing for the Flyknit Trainer’s?

I really want a pair of Oreos but I wanna get the right size before buying them.

Thanks in advance!

Anyone got any feedback on the sizing for the Flyknit Trainer’s?

I really want a pair of Oreos but I wanna get the right size before buying them.

Thanks in advance!

Pretty much, the general thought is true to size. It used to be the big debate back in the day when this thread was the place to be. Personally, I go true to size in racers and padded trainers... half size down in unpadded trainers for better heel lock down.

if you’re curious about what padded/unpadded are, two post above this one is a padded trainer. It has a thicker liner near the ankle. None of the 2017/2018 trainers are padded.

I cold called a bunch of mom & pop stores when Flyknit hype started to die down during the original run and just asked if they had anything in my size. Sure enough, found Luke’s Locker in ATX and they had the Dark Greys for $49 and shipped em to me.

One of the few times I can say I enjoyed the thrill of the hunt.

I cold called a bunch of mom & pop stores when Flyknit hype started to die down during the original run and just asked if they had anything in my size. Sure enough, found Luke’s Locker in ATX and they had the Dark Greys for $49 and shipped em to me.

One of the few times I can say I enjoyed the thrill of the hunt.

good old Luke’s locker... that was the only place I was able to get the OG multi colors in a size 9. I remember going bananas when I finally hit on them.

Got these guys I’ve been saving out of the closet, and ready for racer season. Third pair of black/greys, second pair of colts, and second pair of lucids.
CB6AA885-A989-4E68-B11A-13D77D1FAE18.jpeg

one of the few shoe models where the Volt colorway was done right. the way they incorporated the black pairs so damn well. the only other nike shoe with a decent volt release are the Pegasus Turbo 2.. otherwise most other models are a bit too bright and loud for me

I just bought some used, padded 2012 Blk/White Trainers off the Bay, despite having DS Retros in my closet, never even unboxed. The white Flywire really is that important to me

I just bought some used, padded 2012 Blk/White Trainers off the Bay, despite having DS Retros in my closet, never even unboxed. The white Flywire really is that important to me
It’s pretty much all the difference. How much was it and what size?

It’s pretty much all the difference. How much was it and what size?

I’m a 14; he had a $115 or Best Offer so I lowballed and went with $75 + shipping (had no clue it would be taxed, otherwise I would’ve went lower).

Interestingly the first pair of any Flyknits I ever purchased were the OG black/whites unpadded in June 2012 but I ended up selling them on eBay because I got hyped up over Flyknit Ones instead.

There is a DS pair on GOAT but no way I would pay ~$300 when the demand is zero and the size is woefully unpopular.

Back
Top Bottom