OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KD IV THREAD: Galaxy Returning

Originally Posted by l Knicks Fresh Knick l

Originally Posted by jst628

where were y'all for the KD3 ASG last year? didn't see 80% of you...
laugh.gif

THIS.

I have a pair of the KD 3s and they are nice. But even you guys can admit the KD IV blows the 3s out of the water, looks wise (overall/limited cws).

Originally Posted by l Knicks Fresh Knick l

Originally Posted by jst628

where were y'all for the KD3 ASG last year? didn't see 80% of you...
laugh.gif

THIS.

I have a pair of the KD 3s and they are nice. But even you guys can admit the KD IV blows the 3s out of the water, looks wise (overall/limited cws).

What sucks is there is NOWHERE around me within an hr for me to try on the 4's to see how they fit/feel. Gotta drive to KOP HOH which is like an 1hr 15mins away just to try em on, makes no sense that no FTL or Champs has em around me. How do these fit in comparison to the Kobe 7's? I am a size 12 in the Kobes if it helps. Any help is appreciated

What sucks is there is NOWHERE around me within an hr for me to try on the 4's to see how they fit/feel. Gotta drive to KOP HOH which is like an 1hr 15mins away just to try em on, makes no sense that no FTL or Champs has em around me. How do these fit in comparison to the Kobe 7's? I am a size 12 in the Kobes if it helps. Any help is appreciated

Originally Posted by thethrill909

1/2 up from true to size.

Originally Posted by thethrill909

1/2 up from true to size.

Originally Posted by Bweibel5

If anyone is still looking for the YOTD KDIV's, they're sitting at my local Champs here in the midwest. I already got my pair. Do a stock locate with SKU: 01-02826-7-04-XXX. (XXX = 095 for 9.5, 100 for 10, etc.)

Where in the Midwest are u located if u don't mind me asking?

If anyone is still looking for the YOTD KDIV's, they're sitting at my local Champs here in the midwest. I already got my pair. Do a stock locate with SKU: 01-02826-7-04-XXX. (XXX = 095 for 9.5, 100 for 10, etc.)

Originally Posted by sho3tym

Originally Posted by trappedintime

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

I feel both "new" and "old" KD heads alike- its all good fellas- let's all just chill and not become the kobe or even worse- the Lebron thread.

Here's the thing- from those that have been around awhile, to hear that the 1,2, and 3 are garbage- I can see to some extent that the 1 and 3 lacked "creativity" and true unique features, but there were some great colorways of both.  As far as the 2 goes, many, including myself, might argue it is better than the 4.  The creams, asgs, homes, aways, scoring titles, and even a few other GRs were really sweet- and the strap and the fit was as on point in the 2s as it is in the 4s- if not better- some might say...

In any case, all are welcome aboard, new, old, hypebeast or non-hypers alike.  Its good to see KD get his due- as tough a cop as some of these have been, I think in the long run we will all benefit from the growth of the line.  For those Old skoolers, we'll always have Scoring title 2s, creams, lemon drops, asg2s,3s, and some choice others to revere before they got "BIG".

And yes, jSt, I believe this year's asgs are the first 4s with the stitched KD on the back.  Where you planning on copping your pairs?

Oh come on, how about a little real talk? #1)Most of us aren't Kobe heads or KD heads or Lebron heads, we love sneakers that hit us and that we want on our feet. I haven't said the others were garbage but I like this year's model and many of the CWs. This is a sneaker forum. #2)People usually buy what they like. That's why I can't understand how people are claiming #3)it is hype that is causing people on this very forum to buy. It's insulting. I don't buy cause some shoe is getting mad press or attention on tumblr or twitter or cause eBay prices are high. Most on here don't, they like what they like. It isn't too hard to understand many of us just like this year's KDs! #4)No reason for people to get butthurt cause Durant's shows are blowing up. Also, the ASG line is awesome and one of the most creative things Nike Basketball has done in some time. Of course people are all about it! The word hype is just so overdone. Put it to rest people!
Alright, I've tried to remain in the background regarding these.  I've been into Durants for awhile, there are many that can vouch for me but that's irrelevant at the moment.  I highlighted parts of your comments...my thoughts

#1)  I get what you're saying, but usually guys fall more one way than other.  I think if you look at the 3 lines, they're all distinctly different as they are 3 different players.  That alone with seperate the crowd.  Granted you can be in all 3...for me KD, LBJ...with some kobes sprinkled in.

#2) Key word here is "usually", I think that is even a stretch.  Ask anyone who has recently tried to purchase a "limited" release on NDC if hype played a role.  If all these guys like KD4's are they buying GR's? They're not flying off the shelves.

#3) People are not "butthurt" (interesting word choice), they're stating that there simply is a change occurring with the KD line.  I would argue that this change is taking place in general....see galaxy foams, hype with "Sneakers" is at an all time high at the moment....

Anytime you have a smaller group that's into a line (See the KD2 thread), of course you're going to have some friction when new guys come around...it is what it is.

I'm good with whatever, as long as I can get my hands on the pairs I want....
roll.gif

As a newcomer to the line, I do feel like hyped colorways has peaked my curiosity to look at the line. Also the IVs are the 1st Durant signature to look like a signature shoe to me. The KD1,KD2 and KD3 either lacked colorways,felt cheap to me.

Originally Posted by sho3tym

Originally Posted by trappedintime

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

I feel both "new" and "old" KD heads alike- its all good fellas- let's all just chill and not become the kobe or even worse- the Lebron thread.

Here's the thing- from those that have been around awhile, to hear that the 1,2, and 3 are garbage- I can see to some extent that the 1 and 3 lacked "creativity" and true unique features, but there were some great colorways of both.  As far as the 2 goes, many, including myself, might argue it is better than the 4.  The creams, asgs, homes, aways, scoring titles, and even a few other GRs were really sweet- and the strap and the fit was as on point in the 2s as it is in the 4s- if not better- some might say...

In any case, all are welcome aboard, new, old, hypebeast or non-hypers alike.  Its good to see KD get his due- as tough a cop as some of these have been, I think in the long run we will all benefit from the growth of the line.  For those Old skoolers, we'll always have Scoring title 2s, creams, lemon drops, asg2s,3s, and some choice others to revere before they got "BIG".

And yes, jSt, I believe this year's asgs are the first 4s with the stitched KD on the back.  Where you planning on copping your pairs?

Oh come on, how about a little real talk? #1)Most of us aren't Kobe heads or KD heads or Lebron heads, we love sneakers that hit us and that we want on our feet. I haven't said the others were garbage but I like this year's model and many of the CWs. This is a sneaker forum. #2)People usually buy what they like. That's why I can't understand how people are claiming #3)it is hype that is causing people on this very forum to buy. It's insulting. I don't buy cause some shoe is getting mad press or attention on tumblr or twitter or cause eBay prices are high. Most on here don't, they like what they like. It isn't too hard to understand many of us just like this year's KDs! #4)No reason for people to get butthurt cause Durant's shows are blowing up. Also, the ASG line is awesome and one of the most creative things Nike Basketball has done in some time. Of course people are all about it! The word hype is just so overdone. Put it to rest people!
Alright, I've tried to remain in the background regarding these.  I've been into Durants for awhile, there are many that can vouch for me but that's irrelevant at the moment.  I highlighted parts of your comments...my thoughts

#1)  I get what you're saying, but usually guys fall more one way than other.  I think if you look at the 3 lines, they're all distinctly different as they are 3 different players.  That alone with seperate the crowd.  Granted you can be in all 3...for me KD, LBJ...with some kobes sprinkled in.

#2) Key word here is "usually", I think that is even a stretch.  Ask anyone who has recently tried to purchase a "limited" release on NDC if hype played a role.  If all these guys like KD4's are they buying GR's? They're not flying off the shelves.

#3) People are not "butthurt" (interesting word choice), they're stating that there simply is a change occurring with the KD line.  I would argue that this change is taking place in general....see galaxy foams, hype with "Sneakers" is at an all time high at the moment....

Anytime you have a smaller group that's into a line (See the KD2 thread), of course you're going to have some friction when new guys come around...it is what it is.

I'm good with whatever, as long as I can get my hands on the pairs I want....
roll.gif

As a newcomer to the line, I do feel like hyped colorways has peaked my curiosity to look at the line. Also the IVs are the 1st Durant signature to look like a signature shoe to me. The KD1,KD2 and KD3 either lacked colorways,felt cheap to me.

As an owner of KD2, 3 and 4's, I welcome all new hypebeasts to the line --- especially those who are too flamboyant for GR's.

As an owner of KD2, 3 and 4's, I welcome all new hypebeasts to the line --- especially those who are too flamboyant for GR's.

Originally Posted by bballintom22

yes, a chance you can help me and grab me a pair. I keep striking and missing out on all the restocks. I still havent got a pair of the YOTD
frown.gif

Originally Posted by bballintom22

yes, a chance you can help me and grab me a pair. I keep striking and missing out on all the restocks. I still havent got a pair of the YOTD
frown.gif

My chances of gettin' the ASGs are slimming down... I have work early Friday morning, so getting them at a physical store is very unlikely for me. My only real shot at them is online Thursday night.
frown.gif

If all plans fail, I'll probably order a pair of KD IV iDs sooner than expected as a consolation
laugh.gif

My chances of gettin' the ASGs are slimming down... I have work early Friday morning, so getting them at a physical store is very unlikely for me. My only real shot at them is online Thursday night.
frown.gif

If all plans fail, I'll probably order a pair of KD IV iDs sooner than expected as a consolation
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom