OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KOBE VI THREAD: ((NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by button999

Originally Posted by XanGelicO

Just called Eastbay, the Rep said mine was one of the orders that got thru and will be shipped, but they don't have them yet and might not have them till the end of the week.

if thats the case, it means Nike still have grinch stock in other places...
hmmm... anyone smells the restock later on? or maybe more inventory poping out from the online stores?
It doesn't smell like a possible restock anywhere. Eastbay doesn't have ANY of the shoes yet. The ones coming are the original round that we all spent X-mas morning on the phone for.

u r so lucky, share some with the rest of us!!!!

Just called Eastbay, the Rep said mine was one of the orders that got thru and will be shipped, but they don't have them yet and might not have them till the end of the week.

hmmm... anyone smells the restock later on? or maybe more inventory poping out from the online stores?
It doesn't smell like a possible restock anywhere. Eastbay doesn't have ANY of the shoes yet. The ones coming are the original round that we all spent X-mas morning on the phone for.
true that... but it may possible more on the way coming, not just the original round sold. maybe they have the quantities in this shipment more than the original round sold quantities?

Originally Posted by 40inchBoost

Has anyones NDC Grinch order changed from processing??

I got them with 1-day air shipping too

nerd.gif
i got mine from NDC already 
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by 23phorlife

del sols = sooooooooooooooooooo sexy

that top picture is the best ive seen

diggin the del sols so much cause they are a BLACK BASED VI, and since a Mamba is black ........ well ima lookin most forward to all the BLACK BASED releases, i think they will all come across amazingly well, thats why those Rices WILL be mine

great pictures soulfood !!!!!! thanks
from what i remember reading a while back, the black mamba snake is not black, its called the black mamba because the inside of its mouth.  but yea thats what i remember reading... just a little info.

black_mamba.jpg

Originally Posted by DLEE2703

Originally Posted by gssazabi

I would appreciate some help on where I can find the yellow laces the guy swapped out for on Del Sols like 100 pates back haha. I tried FTL, FTA, FL and all they had was flat 54" laces=(

That lace swap came from the Bruce Lee V's . I don't think you are going to find and exact match in a store.
my lace swap is coming from the home del sol Vs...

Originally Posted by al3x89

Originally Posted by AIR J XIII

My short Zoom Kobe VI review for anyone interested:

got them from sneakerhead on thursday, waited til this morning to put em on.

as a forwarning, i dont have wide feet and i usually have issues flling the body of a shoe. I also did not use the top lace hole.

Upon putting them on, the snug fit is noticed right away, not much space over your toes but a little wider than the V IMO. I ALWAYS double sock to hoop, even IVs and Vs, but I could single sock with these. They aso feel higher off the ground than the V, but I think it'll get better upon breaking in the insole/midsole. The triple mesh upper with the polyurethane "islands" makes the upper really flexible yet strong because of the flywire, I dont think they are capable of creasing for those that care. The heel of the shoe has a "deep" feel to it, I have to sli my foot back into it before lacing up. They dont feel heavy, but not crazy light either, but how could they after playing in 4s/5s the last two years. I havent played in them but I do have a wood floor and I think tracion will be ok, my YMCAs floor is getting refinished anyway. The zoom units feel thincker than the V, but i dont know how much of that is attributed to the insole.

Conclusion: VI = a better fitting more flexible V
*UPDATE*

NIKE HAS DONE IT AGAIN!

I wasnt sure how they would top the 4, but they did by making the 5 better fitting, lighter, stronger, and adding a zoom/zoom setup. I honestly didn't believe the 5 could be topped, but once again the guys over in Beaverton come through.

I shot around in del sols for about 45 min., then played 3 competitive games of 1 on 1.

Results:

Excellent traction, comparable to the 4 IMO, mind you the court was refinished over the christmas holiday. The court feel for me is comparable to the ZKII, which is suprising considering they dont feel as low to the ground as the 4 and 5. Better fit than the 5 for sure, I double sock no matter what and they almost felt too small. As light as the 5, although they have a somewhat clunky feel. I didn't use the top lace hole, but tying tight up top was enough to keep my heel in place.

My one issue with this shoe so far is the insole. I know its supposed to mold to your feet, but in the hour+ that I was playing, they showed no sign of any such thing. My arches/heels started hurting after the first game of 1 on 1.

These DEFINATELY have the potential to be better than the 5 once the insole breaks in.

Im playing pick-up tonight and ill post another update after.

thanks, would you say the traction is better than the zk5?
and as for the insole molding to your foot, i imagine it will take a few hours/games (real games, not 1 on 1) for it to work. 
Absolutely.

the traction on my aways, inlines, and del sols all had break in periods. remember though, the floor where i play was just refinished, today was the first day back open.

Originally Posted by MONTEMEX3

nerd.gif
smokin.gif
where u stay at?

im on the west coast (best coast) so weather shouldnt be an issue at all

Originally Posted by MONTEMEX3

nerd.gif
smokin.gif
where u stay at?

im on the west coast (best coast) so weather shouldnt be an issue at all
They are shipping from Kentucky...the weather is a bit iffy there. I would imagine the majority of us will get tracking information tonight....however most of the time NDC is a bit behind with sending the information. I usually have the item before NDC emails me that it has shipped. Best of luck!

Originally Posted by YoungGunna714

Any info on where to get this jacket would be appreciated. 

it was given to people who won the raffle from nike vault on xmas day.

Originally Posted by al3x89

My short Zoom Kobe VI review for anyone interested:

got them from sneakerhead on thursday, waited til this morning to put em on.

as a forwarning, i dont have wide feet and i usually have issues flling the body of a shoe. I also did not use the top lace hole.

Upon putting them on, the snug fit is noticed right away, not much space over your toes but a little wider than the V IMO. I ALWAYS double sock to hoop, even IVs and Vs, but I could single sock with these. They aso feel higher off the ground than the V, but I think it'll get better upon breaking in the insole/midsole. The triple mesh upper with the polyurethane "islands" makes the upper really flexible yet strong because of the flywire, I dont think they are capable of creasing for those that care. The heel of the shoe has a "deep" feel to it, I have to sli my foot back into it before lacing up. They dont feel heavy, but not crazy light either, but how could they after playing in 4s/5s the last two years. I havent played in them but I do have a wood floor and I think tracion will be ok, my YMCAs floor is getting refinished anyway. The zoom units feel thincker than the V, but i dont know how much of that is attributed to the insole.

Conclusion: VI = a better fitting more flexible V
*UPDATE*

NIKE HAS DONE IT AGAIN!

I wasnt sure how they would top the 4, but they did by making the 5 better fitting, lighter, stronger, and adding a zoom/zoom setup. I honestly didn't believe the 5 could be topped, but once again the guys over in Beaverton come through.

I shot around in del sols for about 45 min., then played 3 competitive games of 1 on 1.

Results:

Excellent traction, comparable to the 4 IMO, mind you the court was refinished over the christmas holiday. The court feel for me is comparable to the ZKII, which is suprising considering they dont feel as low to the ground as the 4 and 5. Better fit than the 5 for sure, I double sock no matter what and they almost felt too small. As light as the 5, although they have a somewhat clunky feel. I didn't use the top lace hole, but tying tight up top was enough to keep my heel in place.

My one issue with this shoe so far is the insole. I know its supposed to mold to your feet, but in the hour+ that I was playing, they showed no sign of any such thing. My arches/heels started hurting after the first game of 1 on 1.

These DEFINATELY have the potential to be better than the 5 once the insole breaks in.

Im playing pick-up tonight and ill post another update after.

thanks, would you say the traction is better than the zk5?
and as for the insole molding to your foot, i imagine it will take a few hours/games (real games, not 1 on 1) for it to work. 
Absolutely.

the traction on my aways, inlines, and del sols all had break in periods. remember though, the floor where i play was just refinished, today was the first day back open.

thanks for the info. 
they're redoing the floor at my ymca as well in the coming days. they don't maintain the floor AT ALL. they sweep it once in a while and that's really bad, traction sucks and it can cause an injury.

i'm gonna bring it up again to one of the staff there to bring it up to the management/supervisors. the floors should be cleaned with a cleaning solution for hardwood floors frequently. it doesn't take that long...

they constantly cleaned the floor at my college and the traction was amazing no matter what kind of shoes you had.

true that... but it may possible more on the way coming, not just the original round sold. maybe they have the quantities in this shipment more than the original round sold quantities?
From what I read in this thread, and heard from the Eastbay Rep, some are getting canceled, so I would doubt they're getting any extras. But I'm no expert, I think we need Eastbay Ray to clear this up (as far as this thread is concerned) once and for all.

Originally Posted by peteNASH

(unsure how to post quotes - my apologies)
WallyHopp - u make some really insightful points in regards to the innovation carry over from the ZT1 to the Kobe line and also especially to Tinker and Avar, but since both are in the Nike family couldn't we say its like "The Don" passing the torch to Michael Corleone? idk?
Very true. Maybe they all work as a team and leave their egos aside. It's us shoe fans who look at who 'designed' what as some kind of gauge to measure success....Tom Luedecke, another Nike designer, was involved in that zoom trainer 1 model alongside Tinker. He's been in the background with the past few kobes as well.

So maybe it's an evolution of minds. Tinker has so and so idea. Tom jumps in, helps with that, then carries that over into helping Avar. There's really nothing wrong with that.

Another interesting note, The 'code' on the Kobe V's and VIs is very similar to Tinker's morse code that was on the zoom trainer 1s.

Mister Friendly, yep those are the ones. I don't own 6 pairs because they suck. Basically impossible to find now. But with the bridging of styles throughoue the years, these kobe VIs, without even trying them on yet, should be performance beasts. The hype is well deserved on a technical standpoint alone

Originally Posted by Jayhawk

It was given to all of the fans that sit court side at the Lakers game on Christmas day. Its called the court side pack 1 pair of grinches and the destroyers jacket in a burlap sack.

>> from what i remember reading a while back, the black mamba snake is not black, its called the black mamba because the inside of its mouth. but yea thats what i remember reading... just a little info. <<

thats interesting as hell , i had no idea

i googled pictures and they actually do look more the base color of the chaos vi than black. funny part was there is an 'eastern green mamba' and its the EXACT color of the grinches

good stuff man, thanks

**** IF its not a probolem can someone photoshop red and purpole laces on the pictures we have of the Chaos ? i am photoshop illiterate, sorry

great pictures os far guys seriously !!!!!!

that Rice is too good to be true in comparison to other years. don't care bout the high school though.

From what I read in this thread, and heard from the Eastbay Rep, some are getting canceled, so I would doubt they're getting any extras. But I'm no expert, I think we need Eastbay Ray to clear this up (as far as this thread is concerned) once and for all.
Just called myself, feel like im not going to be getting these Grinchs. At first the Eastbay rep made it seem like I was in the second group of people getting them. Then after speaking to a supervisor she said they havent received any shipment of these yet, and mone will ship this week
30t6p3b.gif
I swear I cant believe how its like rocket science to know where or how many of the shoes you got or have coming. 
Put in an order for the Del Sol's and some Kobe gear from NDC, good on Eastbay for a while

Originally Posted by DLEE2703

Originally Posted by Jayhawk

It was given to all of the fans that sit court side at the Lakers game on Christmas day. Its called the court side pack 1 pair of grinches and the destroyers jacket in a burlap sack.

The folks that sat court side at the X-mas day game was given the OPTION to purchase this pack @ $400.

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

LMAO at the Owl vs Mamba debate

But to who asked about the order situation from NDC, mine is still "in progress", I did 2 day air for $15 so it better be here by wednesday
Did anyone see this Venomenon shirt?  Got the scales just like the shoes

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?#l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-1/pid-358641/pgid-358642

I mentioned the shirt about 30 pages back but I doubt many people will rush out to drop $30 for it.  But I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom