OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KOBE VI THREAD: ((NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by ShoeConnoisseur09

Glad we have "official" pics.

I liked the original teaser picture the most though. The snakeskin looked the most congruent.

f111601e030701f7120458604122c3bfb4a08c7d_r.jpg

If you're going to go snakeskin, go all the way, and put the scales together.

On the FLU pics the scales are more spaced:
6c936017134604680cf30558fca011fcebbbb984_r.jpg

Nothing like the fakes though lol. Glad we aren't getting that skin pattern.

*edit: the first cw of the V, the Chaos, released on 12/26/09. It makes sense that the first cw of the VI would release the same day.

I like that Nike is being consistent at least
ohwell.gif
It is a long time to wait though...

it looks the same...the pic above is blurry and not the best picture..but if you look there are spaces...the scales have not changed.

those are probably the Del Sols cw

i think that is the real release date as stated above.

First C/W release right?

Just imagine the possiblities they can do with these design?
eek.gif
   Shoe has.... anyways
Based on these pix Kobe 6's will be a bit wider on toe box, basically it's almost the same as the 5's, just add "scales" and probably different shape
This shoe reminds me a lot of slip-on Zoom Presto back in 2001 or 2000, anybody remember those
eyes.gif

As for price, I'm not surprised if it's $140, but it will be really great if it stays $130 or maybe back to $120
happy.gif

Originally Posted by ucasta

As with all other sneaks, I have to see these in person before making the decision. It's weird to see no flywire...
I don't know if this is still part of the equation, but from this pic it looks like the flywire is there, just disguised.

Definitely a prototype though because there's no heel counter.

933169170d0408fe12c2a4fbe4cedf454d277678_r.png

Originally Posted by Janies Brother

Originally Posted by thapointguy

The swoosh border needs work, it looks sloppy.
Ya, that's what I'm thinking as well.  I'm wondering if the swoosh border is blury because the snake skin is actually transparent and the color of the shoe is on some kind of base.  There is some wierd engineering going on with this model, I'm anxious to see specs...

J.
I'm with you guys. The swoosh looks a little sloppy in some of the photos, but a little fuzzy/graffiti-like look around the edges could look good
grin.gif

not feelin the footlocker pics at all... the swoosh looks like it was just spray painted with a stencil and the grey heel cup is ugly. Hoping its just a sloppy sample.

shoe connoisseur is right, i remember reading that its some new form or type of flywire and when i saw those pics didnt see it. However like he said its there they just added the snake skin thing on top of it...what happen to shaving off weight etc?? i assume its still light but assume the VI would be lighter??

ill cop 1 or 2 for the time being, i think i have enough IV and V to last me a life time, unless this shoe is just a lot better than the previous models but A LOT. the traction doesnt look any better than the Vs...they should have just stuck with traditional herringbone...cant go wrong with that (i.e. 2k4 and IVs)

I'm loving these....  Look at that midsole on how it swerves.....
pimp.gif

cant wait man..... another broke %!+ year...

the Vs had that sleek eyestay... the VIs have that midsole and the scales....

the 6s look real dope at first glance to me...
the 5s looked dope but didnt catch my attention like these 6s do...

Nikeid please... Ima do an all solid color with a diff colored midsole....
pimp.gif
 oh god!... with an icey bottom....
sick.gif

devil.gif

pimp.gif

cant wait man..... another broke !!% year...

pimp.gif
 oh go... with an icey bottom....
sick.gif

devil.gif

Originally Posted by havoc11

kinda reminds me of the 3s. no?

yeah. got that vibe too. i think the 3s are sleeker though? i\m loving/hating this shoe day in day out. i might have to cop
2 black based cw's. i think the grey midsole on the del sol ruined the shoe. they should make it all black. then the white mudguard
should be translucent. sort of foggy translucent. damn.
pimp.gif

These look really good overall, but I'm still not sure if I can get with the snakeskin upper. It seems a little too forced and gimmicky. I wish the scales were a little more subtle.

I'm hoping for a colorway without the scales, maybe just more pronounced flywire.

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

I'm still not sure if I can get with the snakeskin upper. It seems a little too forced and gimmicky. I wish the scales were a little more subtle.

I'm hoping for a colorway without the scales, maybe just more pronounced flywire.
QFT. I'm not a fan of the scale pattern either. However, I like the shape of the shoe and if it performs anything like the latest Kobe's on the court and Nike comes out with a colourway that hides/disguises the scale effect I will have to cop a pair. 

other colorways of this shoe is fire. the del sol is jus not really working for me. the heel is looks really cheap and the swoosh is like uneven.

Originally Posted by never wear them

pimp.gif

cant wait man..... another broke %!+ year...

pimp.gif
 oh god!... with an icey bottom....
sick.gif

devil.gif

In Love with these as well
Im all over these.. and yes another broke year
Imma do 8 straight back flips if these are on Nike ID. Imma go insane!!!

should someone make a kobe vi thread now? or do we go with this one? looks like the thread starter doesnt update muchor change the title...

One of my friends had an event last night with Gary Vitti (Lakers head trainer) which was held at the Lakers training facility at El Segundo. She snapped me this picture of Kobe's locker. I'm liking this colorway.

kobe_vi.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom