OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KOBE VI THREAD: ((NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by never wear them

I don't think I can even say double stack is responsive. That's my main concern i guess

The only Double Stack I'm familiar with is the sandwich from Wendy's. Please enlighten me on what shoe had/has Double Stack so I can see if I agree with your opinion.

The only Double Stack I'm familiar with is the sandwich from Wendy's. Please enlighten me on what shoe had/has Double Stack so I can see if I agree with your opinion.
Air Jordan XIX had double stacked Zoom in the heel, and were one of the most comfy (and ugly) bball shoes of all time.

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Originally Posted by toosmoove29

MaximumFoams wrote:
iriepirate21 wrote:
This difference in tone between this thread and the Lebron VIII thread cracks me up.
Kobe VI thread: "Heat!" "Awesome!" "Insta-Cop!" "Wow!"

Lebron VIII thread: "Look like some generic Air Max's." "This is the signature shoe for LeBron James? LOL" "I'm done with the Lebron line."

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

QFT
it's like everyone thinks that the 8's are a generic looking sneaker but the 6's has a snakeskin upper with a similar shape to the 5's and everyone is lovin it

You two seem to have forgotten how far the Kobe line & everything that's associated with Kobe has come in the last six years. '04 was the last year Kobe's jersey was #1 in the US up until 2007.  The 2K5 didn't do as well as the 2k4 (primarilly because the '04-'05 season was when Kobe 'broke up the Lakers').  Kobes' first signiature shoe went from $134.99 to $89.99 one week after it first released (here in TN anyway) and was on shelves at ROSS for as low as $29.99; subsequently causing the Kobe II & III not to be sold out here (at least not in the Nashville area) & the IV only sold at the outlets (again, in TN). His popularity hadn't started to get back to where it was until the end of the '08 season.  So if you'd paid attention to his career from '04 to present & to see how well the IV & V did, it's only right to have animated excitement about the VI.  Especially compared to LeBron's shoe(s).

It's Nashville TN dude. Nobody live out there
laugh.gif
. Most Kobes shoes (the good colors ) sold out fast here in CA and the West side in general. And btw Kobe popularity was always there. The Lakers popularity took a dive from 05-07 but now it's at an all time high because of the repeat championship and Kobe
pimp.gif

I'm from L.A. homie & rep the Lakers hard out here. Just giving my insight on what I've observed in the South versus what you have access to in L.A. The differences are night & day. Several Laker/Kobe haters out here, therefore his stuff wasn't selling. You're out there so you can't see the difference. I travel back & forth so I do.

"His popularity hadn't started to get back to where it was until the end of the '08 season"

Hope your talkin bout his popularity with kicks... Dude has been on the spotlight since 96...

His sneakerfame was always there... Any old NTers in here remember how bad we wanted him in Jordan Brand?
Or how many times we kept talking about what shoe Kobe had on that night, whether it be the And1 tai chi or the Answers, or Jordan XIs... Dude has always been into sneakers. His adidas line was real dope till the 2s to be honest.

His sneaker fame has increased in popularity with the 4s for sure.

But his shoes never flopped when it came to performance, that's for sure

I'm aware of this. I'm just pointing out my observation of the differences from when I visit out there versus where I live & travel in the South. They're str8 haters here. In '03 the manager at Foot Action said Kobe was jockin Jordan Brand & trying to get on when he was wearing J's & didn't notice him wearing other brands as you mentioned. Hopefully they'll sell the VI out here, otherwise it's off to the West Coast for the purchase.

I don't think I can even say double stack is responsive. That's my main concern i guess
Hey, they were actually VERY responsive in the Zoom Lebron II's. But you know they have a good thing going with the Kobe's as it is now so no need to change the cushioning setup. I agree with you on that point. Put it this way, if the Kobe VII's change radically, I'd just go back to finding deadstock pairs of IV,V's and VII's. They are easily the best hoopin shoes that I can remember, and I've been loyal to Nike hoop shoes since 1992.

Originally Posted by clkru

Air Jordan XIX had double stacked Zoom in the heel, and were one of the most comfy (and ugly) bball shoes of all time.

Oh okay. That was during my broke days so I wasn't able to buy those.

Agree EWDiggs...

I already stocked up 40 pairs of the ZK5s... So I'm good. The IVs ehh... I got my dozen+ pairs

These 6s better not disappoint... If they're anything like the 5s then ugh... Ima be broke.
The 6s already look appealing right off the bat.

Agree EWDiggs...

I already stocked up 40 pairs of the ZK5s... So I'm good. The IVs ehh... I got my dozen+ pairs

These 6s better not disappoint... If they're anything like the 5s then ugh... Ima be broke.
The 6s already look appealing right off the bat.
40? You have forty pairs of ZKVs? 

kobes my dude and all, but his last 3 kicks have been wack and generic. 2k4s were on point all around.

I seriously hope anyone that has over 10 pairs of the Kobe V at least got 'em for discount..that's just ridiculous..

35 pairs? cmon..

laugh.gif
I think NWT sold half his jordans, so he can buy all those v's. Props to him the man know how to live.

lol@ 2k4s getting more hype than kobe 6s or whatever its called...

2k4s = near classic
6s = near trash

dont make fool of yourself wearing these my friend lol the shoe ain't cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom