OFFICIAL: NIKE ZOOM KOBE VII THREAD (ELITE $200!: CounterKicks.com)

can you %%%%+% stop posting pics of shoes unless they're the 7's? i come in here and see the thread jumped 2 pages only to see a bunch of zk1-6 and AJ.

get that *+%+ outta here.

Although I am a collector of the Air Jordan line, and now collect the Kobe line, I do not think Kobe's line when finished will be close in terms of popularity to the Air Jordan line. While Jordan was basically loved by everyone, there has and always will be Kobe haters.  I'm sure there are people that refuse to buy or support Kobe in any way because of their hatred for him. Because of the nostalgia that I had with the Air Jordan line, I used to think Air Jordans  were the most advanced basketball shoes Nike produced. I would ball in the  Kobe 6 over every Air Jordan model except maybe the XIV. The Kobe 6 is better than the Air Jordan 2k11, IMO. 

Although I am a collector of the Air Jordan line, and now collect the Kobe line, I do not think Kobe's line when finished will be close in terms of popularity to the Air Jordan line. While Jordan was basically loved by everyone, there has and always will be Kobe haters.  I'm sure there are people that refuse to buy or support Kobe in any way because of their hatred for him. Because of the nostalgia that I had with the Air Jordan line, I used to think Air Jordans  were the most advanced basketball shoes Nike produced. I would ball in the  Kobe 6 over every Air Jordan model except maybe the XIV. The Kobe 6 is better than the Air Jordan 2k11, IMO. 

Originally Posted by al3x89

can you %%%%+% stop posting pics of shoes unless they're the 7's? i come in here and see the thread jumped 2 pages only to see a bunch of zk1-6 and AJ.

Uhh, while I can see where you're coming from, WE ARE discussing Kobe shoes and there aren't anymore pics of the VII out
frown.gif

Uhh, while I can see where you're coming from, WE ARE discussing Kobe shoes and there aren't anymore pics of the VII out
frown.gif

Originally Posted by ShoeConnoisseur09

frown.gif

ya i know, i've skimmed through it but it's just annoying. i get into this section and see a few new pages and it's people arguing, get me excited for no reason 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ShoeConnoisseur09

frown.gif

ya i know, i've skimmed through it but it's just annoying. i get into this section and see a few new pages and it's people arguing, get me excited for no reason 
laugh.gif

The Kobe line is by far the best performance line ever created!!!! HANDS DOWN!!!! Jordans cant touch how amazing the Kobe's are, not the 14s. not any of them! Michael Jordan is my favorite player of all time, but his shoes suck compared to Kobe's. Go back an wear a pear of 11s or 14s for a night, then try the Kobe 6's, the difference is unreal. Kobe's line is so sleak, so cutting edge, so light, the only thing that has been a bit of a let down is the traction on the last couple, which, once it gets broken in, does a great job! Kobe line #1

The Kobe line is by far the best performance line ever created!!!! HANDS DOWN!!!! Jordans cant touch how amazing the Kobe's are, not the 14s. not any of them! Michael Jordan is my favorite player of all time, but his shoes suck compared to Kobe's. Go back an wear a pear of 11s or 14s for a night, then try the Kobe 6's, the difference is unreal. Kobe's line is so sleak, so cutting edge, so light, the only thing that has been a bit of a let down is the traction on the last couple, which, once it gets broken in, does a great job! Kobe line #1

Oh most definitely the ZKobe Line is by far the best performance line of Nike Basketball.

And agree on the traction part... But once broken into, it's a diff story.
Glad that these 7s are back with that traction pattern.

Oh most definitely the ZKobe Line is by far the best performance line of Nike Basketball.

And agree on the traction part... But once broken into, it's a diff story.
Glad that these 7s are back with that traction pattern.

Originally Posted by kobeoverbron

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

it's not dumb, what's dumb is saying this is a more dynamic and radical evolution compared to the kobes posted...

I know this is straight blasphemy for a sneakerhead. But being a jordan fan and kobe fan aside, I can see it clearly
that the innovation done on jordans from 2-4 and 5-8 have been limited to aesthetic tweakings and the occasional
performance evolution.
they're all basically the same freakin shoe save for the little changes they did.

as for the kobes, each shoe looks completely different every time. please, the zk4-5 looked nothing alike.
I can see how one can say the 5 and 6 look the same. I can somehow understand that. but really? with those
scales, they look nothing alike. if you change the swoosh placements of the 4 5 6, they'd look nothing alike
trust me...

I mean, cmon, they didn't even have the decency to change the upper on the jordan 6 and 7. they're practically the same
shoe and they just plastered stuff on it (I KNOW about the huarache bootie)

the jordan 3 and 4? the shape, the midsole, the cut, the heel tab. I mean. really?

How about we put some mesh holes on the kobe 4s and add straps so we can have the next sig?
laugh.gif

and looking at the kobe 7 proto... man!

EDIT: btw, I love all the jordans man. they look nice and all, I just cannot agree when you say it's more of an evolution than
the kobes. they are an evolution yes, but the kobes evolve faster for me and more radical too.
tired.gif
Cmon son.
Limited aesthetic tweakings? Cmon son, I already stated the Jordans 3-8 (taking those for example) have their own unique aspect. The cement print, wings, netting, bunny ears blah blah. Even if they have one similar aspect (like the heel tab on the 3-4 as you said), they still look like completely different models because of their unique design aspects. You can easily tell the 3s from the 4s. You can easily tell the 5s from the 6s and 7s.

The Kobes? Cmon  son you gotta look for 2 seconds before you can figure if they are the 4s or 5s. 
laugh.gif
 Its pretty much solid that the Kobe 4-6 are very similar in design. I play ball in a bunch of leagues with my boys from all over, when we talk about kicks a lot of them wear Kobes. They love the performance aspect, but they ALL say that all of his shoes are just rehashes from the previous. If you want talk about minor aesthetic changes in a shoe, Kobe 4-6 would be the perfect example IMO.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

it's not dumb, what's dumb is saying this is a more dynamic and radical evolution compared to the kobes posted...

I know this is straight blasphemy for a sneakerhead. But being a jordan fan and kobe fan aside, I can see it clearly
that the innovation done on jordans from 2-4 and 5-8 have been limited to aesthetic tweakings and the occasional
performance evolution.
they're all basically the same freakin shoe save for the little changes they did.

as for the kobes, each shoe looks completely different every time. please, the zk4-5 looked nothing alike.
I can see how one can say the 5 and 6 look the same. I can somehow understand that. but really? with those
scales, they look nothing alike. if you change the swoosh placements of the 4 5 6, they'd look nothing alike
trust me...

I mean, cmon, they didn't even have the decency to change the upper on the jordan 6 and 7. they're practically the same
shoe and they just plastered stuff on it (I KNOW about the huarache bootie)

the jordan 3 and 4? the shape, the midsole, the cut, the heel tab. I mean. really?

How about we put some mesh holes on the kobe 4s and add straps so we can have the next sig?
laugh.gif

and looking at the kobe 7 proto... man!

EDIT: btw, I love all the jordans man. they look nice and all, I just cannot agree when you say it's more of an evolution than
the kobes. they are an evolution yes, but the kobes evolve faster for me and more radical too.
tired.gif
Cmon son.
Limited aesthetic tweakings? Cmon son, I already stated the Jordans 3-8 (taking those for example) have their own unique aspect. The cement print, wings, netting, bunny ears blah blah. Even if they have one similar aspect (like the heel tab on the 3-4 as you said), they still look like completely different models because of their unique design aspects. You can easily tell the 3s from the 4s. You can easily tell the 5s from the 6s and 7s.

The Kobes? Cmon  son you gotta look for 2 seconds before you can figure if they are the 4s or 5s. 
laugh.gif
 Its pretty much solid that the Kobe 4-6 are very similar in design. I play ball in a bunch of leagues with my boys from all over, when we talk about kicks a lot of them wear Kobes. They love the performance aspect, but they ALL say that all of his shoes are just rehashes from the previous. If you want talk about minor aesthetic changes in a shoe, Kobe 4-6 would be the perfect example IMO.

Originally Posted by never wear them

Thats a bold statement, Im just saying.
kobeoverbron wrote:

[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]I know this is straight blasphemy for a sneakerhead[/color]. But being a jordan fan and kobe fan aside, I can see it clearly 
performance evolution. 

C'mon man. When the AJIII dropped with a VISIBLE zoom air unit( 
1enlw8.gif
 ) crazy revolutionary at the time, hell the AJII was one of the first shoes with a FOREFOOT zoom-air unit. All from basically a rubber x leather nike dunk (AJI for the slow folk)

you cant sit there and say the advances were minimal to mediocre.

I can see your also not taking into account the ERA the shoes were released. There was no such thing as flywire, hyperfuse, foamposite, full-360-unit technology in the late 80's and early 90's (obviously, but some people here seem slow). 

Back to the ZKVII's tho.

Originally Posted by never wear them

Thats a bold statement, Im just saying.
kobeoverbron wrote:

[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]I know this is straight blasphemy for a sneakerhead[/color]. But being a jordan fan and kobe fan aside, I can see it clearly 
performance evolution. 

C'mon man. When the AJIII dropped with a VISIBLE zoom air unit( 
1enlw8.gif
 ) crazy revolutionary at the time, hell the AJII was one of the first shoes with a FOREFOOT zoom-air unit. All from basically a rubber x leather nike dunk (AJI for the slow folk)

you cant sit there and say the advances were minimal to mediocre.

I can see your also not taking into account the ERA the shoes were released. There was no such thing as flywire, hyperfuse, foamposite, full-360-unit technology in the late 80's and early 90's (obviously, but some people here seem slow). 

Back to the ZKVII's tho.

Kobe 6 crazy popular........ Jordan 6 crazy popular????? Both seen as one of the best from their respective lines. Nike knows what they are doing there's a reason why they are so successful when they have signature lines.

Kobe 6 crazy popular........ Jordan 6 crazy popular????? Both seen as one of the best from their respective lines. Nike knows what they are doing there's a reason why they are so successful when they have signature lines.

Back
Top Bottom