Official Niketalk DJ Thread vol. NO REQUESTS

peace..

man...

ive been djing since '95...

and REGGAE at that... so my create rivaled any hip hop dj create at a "dance" (party/gig) of of dancehall using more songs in their set than hip hop djs use...

dont argue with me about it..8)

then i fought the move to go to CD's for years and finally gave in....

i "retired" despite the wishes of many people for my own reasons BEFORE the influx of laptop DJs...

no really, there were cats bringing in whole desktops into clubs because the laptop thing wasnt even a thought at the time...:smh:

sooooooo..

im getting back into it and need a laptop...

the DJ favorite is macbook but 1800? really?...

whats a decent laptop to play out on and will hold up ??

PS
i could go on a DJ forum and ask but i like NT as a hub of info...

Just copped a used Vestax PDX 3000 mix from guitarecnter.com for $150 (The store was trying to get rid of it.). Everything works and its only missing the headshell. This is one hell of a deal.
wow, thats a steal i paid over 600 for mine a couple years back..

I'm trying to make about a 2 hour mix recapping my favorite tracks of the year and I'm having a bit of difficulty. (different House genres)

Song selection usually comes pretty easily to me, but I'm having trouble with this because it's difficult to follow the guidelines of harmonic mixing and blend the different BPMs, energy levels, and vibes of deep house, progressive, tech, when you're constrained to 37 songs.

my biggest problem is the trouble I'm having maintaining a tempo, it just seems so up and down and back up. like not enough of a constant groove.

(Btw beatmatching the different tempos and maintaining the keys is NOT the issue 
laugh.gif
)

Last edited:
I broke the crossfadr from my mixer for new years. Any idea how much I cost to fix it. its a pioneer djm 600. im actually thinking of selling and buying a rane ttm 56.how much ya think I can get

Does anyone have this wonderful piece of kit?

I was going to buy a NuMark DJ 2 Go just to play around with, especially when I go on holiday...but then I saw this little gem...

Faderfox Micromodul DJ3

I broke the crossfadr from my mixer for new years. Any idea how much I cost to fix it. its a pioneer djm 600. im actually thinking of selling and buying a rane ttm 56.how much ya think I can get

Probably run you about $150-$200 to get it fixed.

im pulling the trigger on this..

need a turntable bad, all the ones out i feel are the same weak motors in crappy chinese plastic.

i have a basic ION just for listening to records but im gonna take a gamble.

will get a mixer later and another turntable later, for right now i just need something a lil stronger that doesnt skip over every tiny scratch.

i will use it for sampling into my mpc 2500.

turntable:

http://www.zzounds.com/item--AUTATLP1240USB?siid=128584

cartridge:

http://www.zzounds.com/item--SHUWHLB?siid=24994

phono preamp:

http://www.zzounds.com/item--ARTDJPREII?siid=36034

yes i know i can cop a USED technics for about 600 or so, but i'd be lucky to find one with a cartridge and no issues whatsoever.

About to bump this thread lol

There wasn't a rock en espanol mix out that had all the "classics" so i said let me slap something together right quick. Like, share, download and enjoy all

About to bump this thread lol

There wasn't a rock en espanol mix out that had all the "classics" so i said let me slap something together right quick. Like, share, download and enjoy all

DId this mix a couple years back. Check it out and let me know what you think.

I've always been curious, how much do DJs usually make?

-Drew
depends on the kind of dj you are.

if you mean a dj like bob sinclair, tiesto, armin van buuren, etc.. they make bank

if you mean djing weddings, birthday parties, etc...depends on how good you are, reputation, and how many gigs you work

The pioneer ddj sb or numark mixtrack pro 2 are a nice beginner dj controllers around $250 new. You can probably get a better deal used since you're only starting out on them. They're made of plastic though...you get what you pay for. The mid level ddj sr is made a lot better but costs twice as much. Check them out at guitar center or sam ash.

Ive always wanted to get into DJing but been stuck spending all money in the photography scene. I may have to pick up some start controller and teach myself.

Been spinning somewhat seriously for about 5 years.  2 1200s, Rane ttm57, and an Akai lpd8.  

thaddeusjeffries.com

soundcloud.com/thaddeusjeffries

Where in the world do DJ's get their music?
record pools, direct from the labels, and as odd as it sounds, blogs
famous DJs receive a lot of promo e-mails.

for house music i listen to mixes and download the songs that stand out to me. sometimes i listen to the whole mix or skim through for tracks.

www.1001tracklists.com is my favorite music related site.

for hip-hop just whatever is hot and ignorant 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom