Official Nintendo Thread Vol: DSi (includes $10 in points free!) available today!

Well, I looked for the Wii/Nintendo post, and no one has replied since 5/28/08
sick.gif
laugh.gif
... But I think the Wii and DS deserve a thread... Without furtheradieu...

2r2b310.jpg

First, you're going to need a Wii. They are hard to find, but the best place to find a Wii online is through Wii Tracker.

Team sig courtesy of JBlack...

TEAM W i i

.::.Wii WOULD LIKE TO PLAY .::.

Must have games (list will be updated if suggestions are made)

Wii:
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Mario Kart Wii

DS:
Chrono Trigger
Mario Kart DS
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
New Super Mario Bros.

Info on upcoming Nintendo DSi!
dsi-vs-ds-lite-screen-comparison-screenshot.jpg

nintendo-dsi.jpg

The main differences between the DSi and current DS Lite are that the DS Lite can play GBA games and the DSi has a bigger screen and equiped with a camera.
The DS Lite may be the best version as it can play backwards compatible games, and is probably cheaper than the expected price of DSi. Possibly around $190.

Also if anyone needs another Gamecube controller and wanted one to match the Wii, Play-Asia has an official Nintendo Gamecube controller in white brand new forabout $35 shipped. I bought one for $30 on eBay and it's very nice.

20th3m0.jpg

Link for purchase.... Play-Asia

I like most, have a Wii that's collecting dust..I have most of the "must have" titles you listed..I just need some type of damn game to be worthit..

Zelda has definitely been the best game since the Wii came out..

Originally Posted by xcg11pinoYx

I like most, have a Wii that's collecting dust..I have most of the "must have" titles you listed..I just need some type of damn game to be worth it..
Do you have any old school Virtual Console games? Punch Out Wii is coming this year... It's one title I'm looking forward to.

I first got a wii for smash bros but that game is boring playing by your self

thank god I modded my wii cause the majority of games nintendo puts out suck

playing snes, sega, arcade, 64 games on the wii ftw

[h2]http://www.joystiq.com/2009/02/10/rumor-ds-lite-onyx-gets-discontinued/[/h2]
[h2]Rumor: DS Lite Onyx gets discontinued[/h2]
by Justin McElroy { 20 hours ago }

It's pretty tough to be edgy and goth when so many people use you to pretend to pet dogs, but the Onyx DS Lite model has done its best to pull it off. Now, sadly, the black sheep of the DS Lite family is moving on to receive its greater reward, having been discontinued by Nintendo, according to a supposed Gamestop newsletter.

Does that mean those of you who missed out will never own a jet black DS? No, of course not. You can just expect to pay more for one that has a couple of cameras attached.

GTA: Chinatown Wars (Nintendo DS)

header.jpg

Release: Mar 17, 2009 in the US
Price: $34.99

Impressions:

Also impressive is the fact that this game controls just like its console brethren -- the same layout of face buttons is used for stealing cars, accelerating, and breaking. When I got my hands on the title and began roaming around the city, everything felt natural. If you're a GTA IV addict like me, you'll probably be happy to know Rockstar kept the same map from the most recent game and built the town from the ground up to fit the cell-shaded world. Although Alderney was dropped and this isn't a street-for-street recreation, there will be landmarks that you'll recognize from GTA IV in Chinatown Wars -- stuff like Manny's community center.

And even if the developers were restricted by the hardware, the team's doing a fabulous job retaining the essence of what makes a Grand Theft Auto game so great. The city is sprawling, massive and fully explorable -- you might not be able to see the inside of buildings as you walk through them, but in many cases you'll have the opportunity to take higher ground via fire escapes and rooftops. In other words, the action isn't restricted to the streets in Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, and I got a chance to see this first-hand in one of the missions that Rockstar let me play. More on that in a bit.
And finally some screens...
grand-theft-auto-chinatown-wars-20090120092752698_640w.jpg

grand-theft-auto-chinatown-wars-20090120092753495_640w.jpg

grand-theft-auto-chinatown-wars-20090120092754416_640w.jpg

grand-theft-auto-chinatown-wars-20090120092757104_640w.jpg

Looks nice
pimp.gif

[h2]http://www.joystiq.com/2009/02/13/resident-evil-5-producer-wants-more-evil-on-wii/[/h2]
[h2]Resident Evil 5 producer wants more Evil on Wii[/h2]
by Richard Mitchell { 1 hour ago }

Speaking to Eurogamer, Resident Evil 5 producer Masachika Kawata intimated that he'd like to see more of Resident Evil on Nintendo's waggling financial giant. Said Kawata, "Personally, I would like to create something on Wii in the Resident Evil family." He further stated that the team doesn't know what it would be, as it's been hard at work on Resident Evil 5, but asked gamers to "watch this space." Thus far, staring at our computer monitor has resulted in nothing but eyestrain.

Kawata also spoke briefly to concerns raised about Resident Evil 5's control scheme, saying that the team "reflected" on the control scheme for some time. While Kawata expects some may dislike the controls, he -- and the team -- believe it "does not reflect negatively on the game as a whole," but is instead "part of a forward-looking process." Kawata hopes that even those who dislike the controls will enjoy the overall product.

Taken from Cheaparsegamer

nb_welcome_used1bc_020609.jpg

1. Using it on a B2G1 Free sale is EXTREMELY YMMV. The computer won't allow to premade promos to happen at the same time. In order to get it to work, the cashier would need to to the 10% manually.(not likely to happen)
  2. Not valid on consoles, as stated in the coupon notes.
  3. I doubt it's pricematchable since someone asked this in the last thread I figured I'd add this in.
  4. It no longer works on new games
  5. It stacks with Edge on used games/accessories
  6. No it doesn't stack with other coupons. Unless your cashier is very nice. And stupid. Again, it would need to be done manually to have 2 promos/coupons.
  7. I can forward the e-mail to you if you'd like me to for some reason.
  8. The Address on the coupon is for the Corporate Headquarters
  9. This will not work with bundles
  10. It does not work with pre-orders Period.
  11. When you print the coupon, it is suggested to cut it so the non-Gamestop URL is gone. We don't want to raise suspicions now. They may not like seeing Imageshack's URL in the corner or something.
  12. If you're buying online, CAG16 is a better deal. Use that with your EDGE card number and SAVER to get a much better deal.

Mario Kart and Smash Bros make up for the Wii having weak titles. Mario Kart on gamecube controller FTWWWW

Yea anything that had mario in it i have... other than that sucks not having better titles...

Originally Posted by Retroisback2008

wheres the super nintendo at?
Wii Virtual Console. Like Xbox has the Arcade, Playstation the PSN store/DL's.

Buy games with points. Can buy them in stores on cards. 100 points = $1

Question to anyone that knows. -- If you play a Gamecube game on Wii, where does it save to? Can you save to SD card, or the internal memory?

I just bought Zelda TP on clearance brand new $10. Don't know where my GC and mem cards are boxed up at the moment.

Originally Posted by AIR Zoom Bender

Originally Posted by Retroisback2008

wheres the super nintendo at?
Wii Virtual Console. Like Xbox has the Arcade, Playstation the PSN store/DL's.

Buy games with points. Can buy them in stores on cards. 100 points = $1

Question to anyone that knows. -- If you play a Gamecube game on Wii, where does it save to? Can you save to SD card, or the internal memory?

I just bought Zelda TP on clearance brand new $10. Don't know where my GC and mem cards are boxed up at the moment.

Not to positive but im pretty sure a Gamecube game needs a GC memory card

Can anyone recommend any good online games for the DS...i like handheld online gaming and use SOCOM online for the PSP

Back
Top Bottom