Official Nintendo Thread Vol: DSi (includes $10 in points free!) available today!

hey narnum..

i see that you posted that list of the downloadable old school games available for the wii..

do you think that is what the dsi store will be getting as well? something that has a large library for a cool price?

and dollars wise, how much are wii points would you say? like 500 points is 5 bucks, 800 is ten? how does that work?

paper mario on the ds would be so ILL!
devil.gif

thanks for the love on my blog! hit the follow button if you think about it. inbox me your aim again if you think about it.

thanks love!
wink.gif

gamestop called me twice today over the DSi lol. i got an automated call and then my local DSi called me up. thinking about going to the midnight release orjust getting some sleep and getting it on sunday.. i have it reserved anyway

hey cwrite, how you been fam?

i got that same call from gs automated. i was at frys looking at stuff, they had a 4gb sd card for 15, i prolly should have copped it. oh well.

did you have a dslite? or this is your first ds period? what games you gonna be rockin' with?

Originally Posted by stillmaticshay

hey narnum..

i see that you posted that list of the downloadable old school games available for the wii..

do you think that is what the dsi store will be getting as well? something that has a large library for a cool price?

and dollars wise, how much are wii points would you say? like 500 points is 5 bucks, 800 is ten? how does that work?

thanks for the love on my blog! hit the follow button if you think about it. inbox me your aim again if you think about it.

thanks love!
wink.gif
The DSi store seems gimmicky right now... I can't wait until they announce GBA and GB games for download. I think that will sell these thingslike how the Wii did.

Points are like pennies, so 500 points = $5.00. I wish you could just buy the game you wanted for the point amount, because if you buy a SNES game, you need tobuy at least $10.00 worth. Then you're stuck with 200 points leftover because you use only 800.
smh.gif

And for points, check with ordering them right through the Wii. I wasn't charged tax and didn't have to leave my house for a point card. Not saying youwon't have to pay taxes, but there is a chance you may.
pimp.gif

A preview of the DSi software...
[h2]http://www.joystiq.com/2009/04/02/dsi-shop-american-lineup-is-diverse/[/h2]
[h2]DSi Shop's American lineup is ... diverse[/h2]
by Justin McElroy { 1 day ago }

So, Nintendo has announced all the games you'll be able to purchase for your brand new DSi in the online DSi Shop on April 5. The list is ... well, we were going to say "eclectic", but it's just plain weird. You can Nintendo's full descriptions after the break, but here are the titles:
  • WarioWare: Snapped!
  • Bird & Beans
  • Brain Age Express: Math
  • Master of Illusion Express: Funny Face
  • Art Style: AQUIA
You can level a lot of complaints at Nintendo and be well within reason, but you can't say that it's not trying some different stuff. As previously announced, you'll also get $10 in credit (1,000 DSi Points) if you log on to the store by October 5, which leads us to ask: Which game will you be picking up?
Don't let Gamestop Debo you out of these points if you pre-ordered your system.

And a pretty cool unboxing vid with comparison to the DS Lite.

As for the Madworld review, I still haven't had time to sit down with the game... I have almost completed House of the Dead though and I must say it'sas good as an arcade light gun shooter you'll play.

yo nnarum I have a wii all I have is SSBB
reccomend me a game that uses the sensor alot, thats like fun with alot of people

Is this thing worth it? I barely play my DS, but i can get the DSi for $100 trading in my DS...

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

yo nnarum I have a wii all I have is SSBB
reccomend me a game that uses the sensor alot, thats like fun with alot of people
House of the Dead Overkill is very fun. I'm going to try out Madworld this weekend... I know, I know I said I'd review it earlier butI've been pretty busy... So give me a chance! I promise I'll up one!
Punch-out when it releases...
Boom Blox is pretty cool. Steven Spielberg helped make this one.
Metroid Prime 3. Awesome game. Now they're re-doing the first two Prime games for Wii controls because it was so solid.
Okami if you haven't played it on PS2 already.
And I've heard good things about No More Heroes. You can get it cheap too, maybe even under $20.

Dude has gloves on because they are giving it away after the release. So he didn't want to get it all smudged up.

And is the DSi worth it? Not yet IMO. A DS Lite will give you more value if you already have GBA games you still want to play. Plus a Lite is cheaper.You're gaining SD card storage, 2 cameras, and larger screens for about $40 more.

What are the possibilities of hombrew on the DSi? Seeing as it already has SD slots available. shouldn't be too hard, no?

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

What are the possibilities of hombrew on the DSi? Seeing as it already has SD slots available. shouldn't be too hard, no?
Sorry I'm not too familiar with homebrew, but I've heard it's possible on the DSi's already.

crank,

he has those gloves on because they are raffling that one off on the website and they did not want to get fingerprints all over it.

i thought dude was about to start singing that bow wow song when he took the ds out. lol he was making some odd sound effects.

narnum, i would think the points would be already preloaded in the machine. they are supposed to give a card? where does it say that, i did not see thatanywhere.

good looks.

Originally Posted by nnarum

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

Sorry I'm not too familiar with homebrew, but I've heard it's possible on the DSi's already.
I don't think we can talk about that on here
nerd.gif

oh alright thanx

one more thing hows are the wario ware games like?
they are like alot of minigames right that use sensor? are they fun?

crank.. wario ware games are the business!

the best one was still the very first one they did for the gba.

they are pretty much a boat load of mini games, this will be the first to use motion senors though with the dsi cameras. so it will be interesting.

the og ones are my favs though, i am watching a couple of wario ware: touched games on ebay right now.

narnum, i would think the points would be already preloaded in the machine. they are supposed to give a card? where does it say that, i did not see that anywhere.

good looks.
You could be right on this. It would definitely make it easier for people who have no knowledge of how DLC works or who could easily overlook asheet with the point code...

hey cwrite, how you been fam?

i got that same call from gs automated. i was at frys looking at stuff, they had a 4gb sd card for 15, i prolly should have copped it. oh well.

did you have a dslite? or this is your first ds period? what games you gonna be rockin' with?

im good. and i have a DS Lite, so this will be my second DS. I was thinking of trading it in since they'll give me 70 but I know i can sell it to myco-worker for 100
laugh.gif
and, I'm mainly doing this for the DSiWare so i'll probably just download games. I already have a couple for my DS that i'lluse on the DSi.

got mine, expect pics tomorrow from the official nintendo launch party at city walk (universal studios) finally done playing with this thing and its 3:30 amand i have work at 9:30. i had a great night though!

Just bought them for my 5 year old son and 3 year old son. I didn't even knoow they were releasingtoday until this morning so I ran out to WalMart and scooped them. I was only going to get one for the 5 year old, but they would have been fighting like mad.

6gv50x.jpg

I have a DS Lite, is it really worth me picking up right now? Are any of the DSiWare games any good?

the matte finish on it is so much better than the glossy finish my DS Lite has. feels lighter than the DS Lite, it's also slightly wider. but feels good inyour hands after a long time. unlike the DS. IMO, the DS lite's screen seems to have better colors but maybe i can adjust that in the settings. and likethe DS lite and wii.. takes way too long to set up wifi. and i wish the back top buttons were flush like the DS lite's. and the cameras look decent.

Congrats to those who got their DSi's today. I'm waiting on the announcement of more software through the DSi store before I lay down my cash rightnow.

Madworld. It's a pretty decent game. I would give it about an 8. It's not something that I am waiting to get home to play. The controls are reallygood. The art design is something to get used to, but that isn't a knock. I've only played it a couple of hours and I can say it's a pretty solidgame. I would say that it's more of a casual game because you can pick up and play. Although the story of the game isn't very casual at all (killingpeople for points). I say give it a rent, maybe hold off on a purchase until you've played it.

Back
Top Bottom