Official NLCS St. Louis Cardinals vs. San Francisco Giants Series Thread (4-3 SF) SF Advance to Worl

Reverend Pence has been due for over 2 months, with a few, far in between, big hits. He has NOT been hot with the bat at all, with shaky defense.

Maybe a familiar ballpark in St. Louis will wake him up.

i prolly in the minority but i do not want madbum starting again in this series. have him switch places with lincecum.
and smh pence still hasnt woke the **** up :smh:
this guy is way over due.

The Cards kill LHP there win % is up around 65. Plus Madbum looks gassed.

Great game last night first playoff victory I've even witnessed in person. AT&T was rockin :smokin

Andy Van Slyke was on the radio claiming that the Giants did the right thing by not plunking Holliday. He seemed to think that the idea that we COULD plunk him at any time has him shook at the plate. The threat of any pitch being right at his ribs would be more beneficial than actually hitting him. And I would say he has a point, based on how s***ty his swings looked after the first inning.

Its an interesting theory at least.

I am all for getting a little payback, but the Giants have bigger concerns and goals than plunking Holiday right now. If this was a regurlar season game, he would have already been dealt with. You don't want to add any fuel to the fire. Focus on winning the series first, then get your revenge.

Settle it next year in the first series, his first AB at pac bell. Otherwise, keep doing what we're doing and let the bats do the talking.

Kiper said what I believe this morning...you plunk him, even if it is your right to do it, you fire THEM up even a little bit. Would rather not do that.

I don't know hip strains but it doesn't sound too bad. That flying cross body Holliday pulled definitely looked like it could've done more damage.

Janie McCauley ‏@JanieMcCAP
Bruce Bochy via text: "Marco and Roberto are w/us and doing fine. Good chance Marco can go tomorrow." Game 3 NLCS

i got a bad feeling about todays game. cain about to give up a couple homeruns today an get run out. why couldnt beltran hit like that for us last year?

San Francisco Giants Lineup
Pagan, CF
Scutaro, 2B
Sandoval, 3B
Posey, C
Pence, RF
Belt, 1B
Blanco, LF
Crawford, SS
Cain, RHP

St. Louis Cardinals Lineup
Jay, CF