Official NT dad thread: can the dads get love

Thx bro @maq25060

Outside. First truly cold day of Fall too of course but the photographer got some great shots of the chilrens.

Screenshot_20191103-093208_Firefox.jpg
20191102_183526.jpg
Screenshot_20191103-093247_Firefox.jpg
Nah bro this a fire shoot. Elite scenery and your kids are natural for the lens.

On a similar note has anyone ever did the JCPenny shoot for their newborn? Thinking about doing that for my boy for some professional shots even tho the iPhone has been holding me down. He took over my photo gallery

Nah bro this a fire shoot. Elite scenery and your kids are natural for the lens.

On a similar note has anyone ever did the JCPenny shoot for their newborn? Thinking about doing that for my boy for some professional shots even tho the iPhone has been holding me down. He took over my photo gallery
Took my first kid pics 17 years ago at jc penny. Itā€™s worth it bruh. That pic is still on our fireplace and cannot be deleted via phone. Lil girl had a Easter hat and pearls on lol

do the jc penny photoshoot
its nice to look at old photos
instead of a phone
yeah u could print out pics
but that og photo
is something else

I've not drive JCPenney but I regularly get professionals done, I think getting a pro gives you more options and control. Here are a couple pics for Xmas we had done this weekend.
FB_IMG_1573487841502.jpg
FB_IMG_1573487847777.jpg
FB_IMG_1573487855883.jpg

Do the gap in toddlers teeth close as more teeth come in. My babies cap is huge like mine was when I was a kid

Photos are sooo expensive. My advice find you a friend/buddy who does photography. When my son was first born we went to picture innovations or something like that for Christmas...photos were like 375. I was like never again. We bought a photo printer - Canon Pixma 1000 for the low and my husband's co worker does photography on the side. He's taken all my son's birthdays, our holiday/fall/Christmas photos (my husband loves photo shoots *eyeroll*). Super convenient. My son has picture day this Friday...again...praying for a smile...were 0/3.

We always buy one 8x10 and the CD for school pictures that way we can just reprint and dish out to the family...we have a large family so it's easier on our pockets.

Cute pic, but don't use that brush on the 11s. The bristles are too hard and can fray the lace locks and mesh. I'm sure she's not scrubbing too hard, but you on the other hand...

Need some advice guys.
my daughter just started middle school and sheā€™s been struggling. She hasnā€™t been doing good. All her homework is done but she doesnā€™t do well in her tests. We think sheā€™s distracted with the kids she hangs with. Even ditched a class once.
How would you guys help your kid in school?

Need some advice guys.
my daughter just started middle school and sheā€™s been struggling. She hasnā€™t been doing good. All her homework is done but she doesnā€™t do well in her tests. We think sheā€™s distracted with the kids she hangs with. Even ditched a class once.

My son will be in high school next year, so I kinda expect to have this convo with him soon
I think the best thing is to have a conversation about goals and steps to accomplish those goals and asking what's really important: bs'ing with your friends to hangout or moving on to the next grade.

unfortunately a lot of us grew up under the rule of "do right or Imma be yo a**" and a lot of us are trying our best not to replicate that experience to our kids and it's kinda trial and error because it's uncharted territory.

Try to make sure she understands that she can talk to you and be honest without being punished for their honesty. Once that comfort level is there you can get her to explain why she's choosing her friends over a day in school and see if it's something fixable from there

Need some advice guys.

She ditched class already? Have you started talking to her about whatā€™s going on?

You may need to get tutoring for the grades. Perhaps put her in extra activities to keep her busy - something positive or sports. And perhaps let her speak to a physiatrist or therapist.

Last edited:
Extracurricular is a good one too
Outside of giving them something positive to focus on and getting some of their frustrations out in a positive way, it can also be used as leverage to make sure their behavior and grades meet some sort of minimum standard.

I appreciate the advice guys.
Really been trying to think of a different approach besides being all angry and punishing her

I appreciate the advice guys.
Really been trying to think of a different approach besides being all angry and punishing her

Punishing her isnā€™t going to get to the root of the problem. Iā€™ve learned that over time.

Just talk with her and LISTEN. If she doesnā€™t answer, ask the question in a different way so that sheā€™s able to express herself.

Need some advice guys.
Is she too old to bend over and take a spanking?

For real though I hope to have all my kids play an instrument and do a sport when older to keep them out of trouble

Need some advice guys.

My dad used to check on my work, and when he saw I was struggling, he hired a tutor and had her come to our home. I really liked her and felt I related to her more than my parents. Then again, my parents are immigrants so it really made it hard for me to understand why they felt that way when all my American friends didn't have parents like that.

Also, middle school is a really strange time for me. It's like the only time he wanted to spend time with me was when I was in trouble or wasn't doing well. I missed spending time with him in general and didn't always want it to be associated with when he wanted to talk to me (about how I'm messing up). My point is: if you want to be close to her, then don't only talk to her when you're upset at her.

I really appreciate you sharing your experience with me.
I think a tutor might be best at this point for her.
Iā€™ve asked her why she isnā€™t doing well and she says she doesnā€™t get it. Itā€™s surprising because as I mentioned she gets 9ā€™s and 10ā€™s on her homework.
I really appreciate all of your input. Itā€™s good to see things in another perspective.

I really appreciate you sharing your experience with me.
I think a tutor might be best at this point for her.
Iā€™ve asked her why she isnā€™t doing well and she says she doesnā€™t get it. Itā€™s surprising because as I mentioned she gets 9ā€™s and 10ā€™s on her homework.
I really appreciate all of your input. Itā€™s good to see things in another perspective.

Different people have different learning styles. I learn best when I can read instructions and then practice it myself. I donā€™t learn well when someone lectures me. Maybe she would benefit from learning her subjects differently so she understands it better.

Also, when I was 14 or 15, my vision started to change and I was falling behind in class because I couldnā€™t read the chalk board or overhead projector. Once I got glasses, I could follow class better because I could see further. Thereā€™s always a reason why a student isnā€™t doing well, and itā€™s not always obvious and we as kids donā€™t want to scare our parents by saying something.

That's why it's important that we as parents respect our kids enough to allow them to have a voice so they are comfortable with telling us things.
Plenty of kids grow up scared to tell they parents stuff in fear of getting in trouble.
I remember I cut a medium slice off my finger one night playing in the bathroom and hid it from my parents for 4+ hrs. They didnt' find out till I was in bed shaking my tissue covered finger because it hurt.

Need some advice guys.
Iā€™ve come to a conclusion that my kids are not ā€œAā€ students naturally. Got 2 high schoolers. Their good kids (kind, empathetic, truculent, cultured) but not super brainiacs. My son flagged English. Who the **** fails English yet speaks and understands English lol. Itā€™s not the end of the world bro. She could be Preggo or walking around carrying condoms boosting like some young gals I work with (soc work in SF)
Youā€™re good my man. Just stay attentive and communicate ..

Back
Top Bottom