OFFICIAL NYk '22 offseason thread, RJ extended

2 actually w/ team option on the last but ya, not expiring this yr.

Still an attractive contract for a team that needs shooting.

Who knows if they’d have to attach a pick as it depends what they’re taking back as well.

i hate that we sign guys to multi-year deals just to trade them a season or 2 in. trading for Cam didnt make sense for so many reasons. for one, he's not getting PT. we also had too many wings at the time. now we're likely gonna trade Evan, who is productive and going to let Cam walk this offseason. pointless.

njavier03 njavier03 the last 20 years have to be moved on from. So far, Rose seems to be competent and the big boo-boo of his time has been Evan.
To add to that, the coach is stubborn and impatient, so any younger players needing time have to be ready when called.

And again, even tho the coach is stuck in his ways, Rose has put together a very young and talented team that Thibs will be relying on most, if not all, at diff parts of the szn.

I would ♥️ a package of Julius and Evan w/ those picks for a star. Polish them up a bit and see if they can be moved. ****, if someone like an SGA were to be made available throw the newly acquired JB and his dad in to make it sweeter.
Interesting note on Thibs’ presser when asked about the pg situation & son says they’re deep in that position w/ JB, DRose & Miles who has a “bright future”.

No mention of IQ there.
:D

signing Evan made sense. we lost that Hawks series bc our 2 best players couldn't score and we lacked shooting. proceeding to then trade a FRP for a player that was going to ride the bench behind RJ, Evan, IQ, and Grimes didnt make sense. that trade was the boo boo.

signing Evan made sense. we lost that Hawks series bc our 2 best players couldn't score and we lacked shooting. proceeding to then trade a FRP for a player that was going to ride the bench behind RJ, Evan, IQ, and Grimes didnt make sense. that trade was the boo boo.
If Thibs played the starter around 32-35 minutes all the kids would get at least a quarter a game. While not ideal…. It would be a start

i hate that we sign guys to multi-year deals just to trade them a season or 2 in. trading for Cam didnt make sense for so many reasons. for one, he's not getting PT. we also had too many wings at the time. now we're likely gonna trade Evan, who is productive and going to let Cam walk this offseason. pointless.
I’m just going to wait till the first month of the season shakes out.

In any case, however the starting rotation shakes out, the bench is special; so yea keko jones keko jones the rest of those guys should have heavier min. restrictions.

Rose-IQ-X-Obi-Hart

Hart has his own group of stans that paint him as a starter. That’s 2 legit starting caliber guys, Hart & the x-man.

Mitch & Rose gonna need some nights off so enter Sims & Deuce to get some action. Others will as well.

Back
Top Bottom