OFFICIAL NYk '22 offseason thread, RJ extended

Didn’t watch tonight. Seems like a bad loss. Just looking at the boxscore seems like it was iso Randle again.

Bad games happen but to be a true contender you gotta bounce back from these. If they don't win next game I'll be concerned but if they win this game is a throwaway

It's obviously super early but game didn't hurt too much because the Nets lost to the Hornets so we're still tied for first in the division with the Sixers.

Magic wanted a revenge win and we were flat. These next 2 games are gonna be tough…

These are the games they need. It's easy to beat up on some booty teams but it'll be a true test to how good they can be if they can go 1-1 or 2-0 against better teams.

It's amazing how D Rose is always the most consistent player on the team., even during the entire Hawks playoff series. He shot 9-16 FG last night, including 5/8 from the 3. Everyone else on the team shot like trash. Mitch's FG % will always be high cause his shots are always near or at the basket but he needs to work on his foul shots. Kemba needs to show his aggressive Hornets form again. And lastly, it doesn't look like RJ will be an all star anytime soon either.. damn we missed out hard on Ja Morant who will definitely be an All Star this year.

It's amazing how D Rose is always the most consistent player on the team., even during the entire Hawks playoff series. He shot 9-16 FG last night, including 5/8 from the 3. Everyone else on the team shot like trash. Mitch's FG % will always be high cause his shots are always near or at the basket but he needs to work on his foul shots. Kemba needs to show his aggressive Hornets form again. And lastly, it doesn't look like RJ will be an all star anytime soon either.. damn we missed out hard on Ja Morant who will definitely be an All Star this year.

RJ doesn’t have a high usage rate, so you can’t really compare to a PG that has the ball the majority of the game. It’s also only the 3rd game of the season.

This game had a horroble rotation ....

Kemba and French guy were out the floor for a long time and Burks was in entirely to long.

Looking at the rebounds, it would have been wise to put in Simms for a few minutes too.

Dont know wth was Thibs thinking.

yeah inconsistent rotations yesterday. nothing stuck.
kemba should get slightly less minutes. his defense is bleak
rj is playing in the shadow of julius randle & seems ok with it. yesterday was nothing short of complacent

yeah inconsistent rotations yesterday. nothing stuck.
kemba should get slightly less minutes. his defense is bleak
rj is playing in the shadow of julius randle & seems ok with it. yesterday was nothing short of complacent

is it just me or does it still kinda seem like Randle is reluctant to give RJ the ball?

is it just me or does it still kinda seem like Randle is reluctant to give RJ the ball?

Randle is still reluctant to give up the ball in general. He forces the issue a lot, and I'm concerned by the amount of hero shots he takes. Those high degree of difficulty, stepback fading 3s are gonna all of a sudden stop falling when the playoffs start. I need him to take easier shots and trust his teammates. The roster is deep

Agreed. Randle has embraced the star role for better and for worse and he has to start relying on his teammates more and realizing when to stop playing like Diet LeBron and start posting up and cutting when the opportunity is there.

When the game slows down and he's facing multiple defenders long 2s and isoing against double teams ain't the way to go.

Back
Top Bottom