*OFFICIAL* OFWGKTA

Originally Posted by RedMan

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

First thing i ever saw and checked for was that Tyler video posted a few pages ago. I clicked outta that with the quickness. 
indifferent.gif
what type of nasty *%@$ is this?

Someone put me on some of they good stuff.

I downloaded Tyler's first album off the strength of this thread and I was like %%* is this mess. It is beyond my understanding why anyone would listen to his material. I decided to give the group another try and I downloaded Frank Ocean's album and I was surprised how great it is. IMO Tyler is just over the top and just too much.
basically... him n Earl crazy then a ##!$%$%... but its all good im fairly confident Earl can rap bout anything, his flow is
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by RedMan

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

First thing i ever saw and checked for was that Tyler video posted a few pages ago. I clicked outta that with the quickness. 
indifferent.gif
what type of nasty *%@$ is this?

Someone put me on some of they good stuff.

I downloaded Tyler's first album off the strength of this thread and I was like %%* is this mess. It is beyond my understanding why anyone would listen to his material. I decided to give the group another try and I downloaded Frank Ocean's album and I was surprised how great it is. IMO Tyler is just over the top and just too much.
basically... him n Earl crazy then a ##!$%$%... but its all good im fairly confident Earl can rap bout anything, his flow is
pimp.gif

I had heard about them from somewhere about a month ago. Was gonna open a new tab and look up some of their stuff but I got distracted. Haven't had time to listen to them collectivley, just Tyler at the moment and yes they (he) are (is) incredibley trippy, creepy, among other things but I think they're gonna be HUGE in a little bit. I saw somewhere that Kanye tweeted Tyler's video supporting it so I think that say something. Not for everyone but they are dope IMO.

I had heard about them from somewhere about a month ago. Was gonna open a new tab and look up some of their stuff but I got distracted. Haven't had time to listen to them collectivley, just Tyler at the moment and yes they (he) are (is) incredibley trippy, creepy, among other things but I think they're gonna be HUGE in a little bit. I saw somewhere that Kanye tweeted Tyler's video supporting it so I think that say something. Not for everyone but they are dope IMO.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

It's really amazing and mind boggling that we can consistently listen to music that does nothing but perpetuate the same ol typical stereotypes of black men...but can't stomach Tyler. It makes no sense to me. You have no problem with Waka or Gucci leaving a "whole house dead" but Tyler hangs himself in a video and it's too much. Interesting that when Eminem was on this $!%@ back in 97...the Hip hop community embraced it...and it was the media who turned their noses up about his "controversial" music. Nowadays it's almost vice versa. 
.imitating our homie Lil B pretty much
Not even in the slightest.
Its not that we cant stomach this its the fact that dudes will call what tyler does ultra creative and "refreshing" and then in the same thread bash Gucci/Waka etc for having no purpose behind their music, sharing the same subjects.
I havent heard alot of tylers music but from the handful of songs i have heard he's talking about random killing, mutilation etc and cats call this creative because nobody else in rap is doing it currently.... Its different ways but the outcome is still the same its a bunch of music that will not be remembered years from now and this is coming from someone who bangs with Flocka HEAVY
ohwell.gif

In essence the way people talk about them is like they are really bringing something game changing when infact its no where near it. If people enjoy this kind of music fine obviously something draws you to this. Just like i have my own artist who i love who others may not even listen to twice, fine. But I just feel like these guys are getting immense praise for something that doesnt deserve it

Originally Posted by Im Not You

It's really amazing and mind boggling that we can consistently listen to music that does nothing but perpetuate the same ol typical stereotypes of black men...but can't stomach Tyler. It makes no sense to me. You have no problem with Waka or Gucci leaving a "whole house dead" but Tyler hangs himself in a video and it's too much. Interesting that when Eminem was on this $!%@ back in 97...the Hip hop community embraced it...and it was the media who turned their noses up about his "controversial" music. Nowadays it's almost vice versa. 
.imitating our homie Lil B pretty much
Not even in the slightest.
Its not that we cant stomach this its the fact that dudes will call what tyler does ultra creative and "refreshing" and then in the same thread bash Gucci/Waka etc for having no purpose behind their music, sharing the same subjects.
I havent heard alot of tylers music but from the handful of songs i have heard he's talking about random killing, mutilation etc and cats call this creative because nobody else in rap is doing it currently.... Its different ways but the outcome is still the same its a bunch of music that will not be remembered years from now and this is coming from someone who bangs with Flocka HEAVY
ohwell.gif

In essence the way people talk about them is like they are really bringing something game changing when infact its no where near it. If people enjoy this kind of music fine obviously something draws you to this. Just like i have my own artist who i love who others may not even listen to twice, fine. But I just feel like these guys are getting immense praise for something that doesnt deserve it

these guys are #!$%*$ talented. who the hell raps like this with this type of wordplay and flow at 16? most rappers cant even combine words as well as this 16 year old. and on top of that, the energy and charisma that they bring to every track is just insane. this is exactly the type of rap that i was looking for, just like what i found in diplomats and wu-tang. how they all have their own styles, immense energy, and just a different style of rapping. no one out right now raps like these kids and it %!!*$+@ amazes me how young they are. when they diplomats first came out they had theyre own style and charisma that was just pure entertainment. same thing with wu-tang 20 years ago. no one rapped like them at the time and no one had the ideas like them back in the 80s. same goes for ofwgkta. no one in hiphop today raps about mutiliation, murdering, satan, killing and raping your mothers with an intense tongue twister detailed flow.

these guys are #!$%*$ talented. who the hell raps like this with this type of wordplay and flow at 16? most rappers cant even combine words as well as this 16 year old. and on top of that, the energy and charisma that they bring to every track is just insane. this is exactly the type of rap that i was looking for, just like what i found in diplomats and wu-tang. how they all have their own styles, immense energy, and just a different style of rapping. no one out right now raps like these kids and it %!!*$+@ amazes me how young they are. when they diplomats first came out they had theyre own style and charisma that was just pure entertainment. same thing with wu-tang 20 years ago. no one rapped like them at the time and no one had the ideas like them back in the 80s. same goes for ofwgkta. no one in hiphop today raps about mutiliation, murdering, satan, killing and raping your mothers with an intense tongue twister detailed flow.

Im know im jumping in. But dudes saying waka and gucci mane have artistic integrity is beyond me. Dude got a damn ice cream cone tatted on his face they are only in it for the money and thats it. I mean dudes have been glorifying the same stuff for over 20 years now if your not a drug dealer, gang banger, or just plain stupid I dont know anyone can say what waka and gucci do is art. Now with odd future they're dope but its hit or miss for me. Although they dont come off as stupid and ignorant as waka or gucci they are tring to make themselves that way. Dudes performing onstage with upside down crosses on them. Rapping about raping women, saying fagg#t any chance they get is just as dumb. Its shock rap in a way but they do have some really good music. But they do all that sh#t just to show they are hardcore and against everything. When they really come off as trying too hard. Im done
smile.gif

Im know im jumping in. But dudes saying waka and gucci mane have artistic integrity is beyond me. Dude got a damn ice cream cone tatted on his face they are only in it for the money and thats it. I mean dudes have been glorifying the same stuff for over 20 years now if your not a drug dealer, gang banger, or just plain stupid I dont know anyone can say what waka and gucci do is art. Now with odd future they're dope but its hit or miss for me. Although they dont come off as stupid and ignorant as waka or gucci they are tring to make themselves that way. Dudes performing onstage with upside down crosses on them. Rapping about raping women, saying fagg#t any chance they get is just as dumb. Its shock rap in a way but they do have some really good music. But they do all that sh#t just to show they are hardcore and against everything. When they really come off as trying too hard. Im done
smile.gif

i swear you NT dudes are the biggest clowns on the internet...you get a billion rappers that sound the same and pick one of them and say he's the future of hiphop....but when you got some kids thinkng outside of the box they're a fad?

Em was a fad?
Marylin manson was a fad?
linkin park was a fad?

you can't tell me the Wu comparison was a reach because at the end of the day not all of them was nice (ODB, Masta killa, Ugod)...its pretty obvious these kids look up to the wu and is following their footsteps

i swear you NT dudes are the biggest clowns on the internet...you get a billion rappers that sound the same and pick one of them and say he's the future of hiphop....but when you got some kids thinkng outside of the box they're a fad?

Em was a fad?
Marylin manson was a fad?
linkin park was a fad?

you can't tell me the Wu comparison was a reach because at the end of the day not all of them was nice (ODB, Masta killa, Ugod)...its pretty obvious these kids look up to the wu and is following their footsteps

Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

I respect their goals and creativity, but it's something that won't make it on the iPod. It's good for hip hop. Crazy concepts though. I'm 23 now as well, maybe if I was 14-15, I'd be interested.
son you suck at rapping, though.....F a ipod i wouldnt even play your music by accident if you tweeted the link

Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

I respect their goals and creativity, but it's something that won't make it on the iPod. It's good for hip hop. Crazy concepts though. I'm 23 now as well, maybe if I was 14-15, I'd be interested.
son you suck at rapping, though.....F a ipod i wouldnt even play your music by accident if you tweeted the link

Back
Top Bottom