Official Oklahoma City Thunder OFFSEASON 2013-2014 Thread **NEW TEAM,

Your post was stupid.

Insinuating he tried to hurt Russell to gain an advantage in the series? C'mon man. You can't believe that. Players go for steals on those kinds of plays all the time. Russell stuck his leg out because he wasn't expecting it. Injuries happen.
It was a dumbass play. Did he mean to cause the injury? No. Did he want to run into him like an idiot? Yes. Injuries happen, but don't during calling timeout with the whistle already blow. Player is an idiot, and yes, HOU has 0 chance of beating OKC. The proof was he trying to slob Westbrook meat the next time he knocked him over.

How can you say he wanted to run into him? He was trying to steal the ball. And I'd love to hear your thoughts on the video I posted.

Because if he wanted to hurt him, there's a lot easier ways to do it then going for a steal. Not to mention, Russell stuck his leg out at Beverley to cut his path to the ball.

And you still haven't responded to the video I posted.

Because if he wanted to hurt him, there's a lot easier ways to do it then going for a steal. Not to mention, Russell stuck his leg out at Beverley to cut his path to the ball.

And you still haven't responded to the video I posted.

In the video you posted the ball was actually still in play.. Lin crossed half court and Westbrook made a play on the ball AND then Lin spun away THEN called timeout.. At which point the whistle was blown by he referee

in the play in which Westbrook was injured.. Westbrook had crossed half court, signaled to the referee for timeout while he was heading in the direction of his his bench... Beverley's attempt on the ball came after the whistle had already blown

I don't believe Beverley had any sort of intent to injure westbrook.. However I do believe he intended to frustrate Westbrook.. And his attempt at a steal was done merely for that purpose

Even if Westbrook was "faking" a timeout, given his location on the court (straddling the sideline).. IF Beverley had stolen the ball he would have just ended up out of bounds and the ball would have went back to the thunder

Last edited:
I can agree with that. He's a pest player. In the video I posted I think it's clear lin was heading to the ref to signal timeout and Russell "tried to pull a fast one" on him. If anything Beverley timed it wrong, but miss me with the dirty play aspect of it all.

I think he intended to bump him though, he had been doing so all series. Obviously I don't think he knew he'd tear his meniscus and sideline him but to bump him "accidentally" like a free shot making a play that had 0% chance, absolutely. He did it a few more times this same game trucking into him, obviously trying and succeeding to frustrate him.

That's what Beverley does though. He full court presses point guards, and doesn't let them breathe. He gets a lot of steals like that too.

Hey_

I'm upset about Rustle too,

but lets let others be ridiculously bitter.

We aren't about that.

Back to tonight's game,

I hope Reggie plays well and Liggins plays some minutes,

gotta match the energy by Beverley now that Rustle is out.

Julius F. Wrek

Hey_

...So after Rustle Westbrook is out for the rest of the Playoffs,

Jeremy Lin decides its safe to play.

Ok.

Julius F. Wrek

I'm just hoping Brooks has some payback planned in the works

No way you can let a scrub take out your most important player on a cheap shot, intentional or not, without sending a signal

Hey_

One for the brodie.

Impressed KD played all but 34 seconds,

ain't advisable though.

Can't. Keep. Blowin'. Leads!

Julius F. Wrek

I was there last night. Too many Lin and Brooks jerseys for too trash *** players :rolleyes:rolleyes Their fans also aren't very loud and don't stand up as much, and of course Houston traffic sucks. My hotel is no more than 4 miles from the arena, took like an hour and it hurricane rained on me again and ruined my cool grey LeBron 6 lows. Bout to find a Wal Matt somewhere and get some cleaner then hit up a Brazillian steakhouse. Seats were decent,

Welp_

Dropped one to Houston in the regular season,

so I guess one in the Playoffs is ok.

Peake should be rockin' Wednesday.

Glad to see some emotion out of Ibaka, nobody really showed any intensity or urgency.

Julius F. Wrek

We will close it out in OKC.

KD was torching it today. We need to run some plays for others to let KD rest a bit on offense. K-mart can't create a damn shot for himself?

Hey_

We will close it out in OKC.

KD was torching it today. We need to run some plays for others to let KD rest a bit on offense. K-mart can't create a damn shot for himself?

C'mon now, you knew that when we he landed in OKC.

Julius F. Wrek

Good look my dude!
pimp.gif
I appreciate it.

Pm'd

Back
Top Bottom