Official Oklahoma City Thunder OFFSEASON 2013-2014 Thread **NEW TEAM,

Hey_

Anybody thinkin' about a consistent scorer down low?

Julius F. Wrek
this is beyond the point and hindsight but this is why i say they jumped the gun on the harden trade. the possibilities are endless on what could of happen this summer maybe flip harden and ibaka / perkins for kevin love and shved , david lee and klay, amongst other combos 
mean.gif

Kendrick Perkins in the second round, by the numbers.

* 12 total points in five games.

* 11 total turnovers in five games.

* 21 total rebounds in five games.

* Three total blocks in five games. (One was admittedly huge.)

* 4-23 shooting overall. For a center.

* 18 personal fouls overall.

* A -40 in 116 minutes during the series. In the other 129 minutes of the series, the Thunder were a +20.

According to basketballreference, in the 2012-2013 season:

-He has the worst PER in the NBA among all starting Centers.

-Worst TS% in the NBA among all starting Centers.

-Worst Ortg in the NBA among all starting Centers.

-Lowest FTA in the NBA among all starting Centers.

-Lowest ORB% in the NBA among all starting Centers.

-Lowest PPG in the NBA among all starting Centers.

[table][tr][td]Jonathan Givony @DraftExpress [/td][td]3h[/td][/tr][tr][td]
No one can score on Rudy Gobert inside the paint. Block, deflections, steals. Changing everything around the rim. #nbacombine
[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Chris Mannix @ChrisMannixSI [/td][td]3h[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Otto Porter has interviewed with Charlotte, Phoenix and OKC. Says he looks at Cleveland, Phoenix and Orlando as being the best fit.
[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Chris Mannix @ChrisMannixSI [/td][td]1h[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Lot of teams looking to talk to Lehigh's CJ McCollum. 15 total interviews scheduled. Thunder, Magic, Nuggets and Cavs already talked to him
[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Chris Mannix @ChrisMannixSI [/td][td]53m[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Don't be surprised to see Shabazz Muhammad start to plummet on draft boards. Hearing concerns about his mechanics and one dimensional play
[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Chris Mannix @ChrisMannixSI [/td][td]14h[/td][/tr][tr][td]
With multiple picks and good young assets, OKC may be players on the trade market, too.
[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Chris Mannix @ChrisMannixSI [/td][td]14h[/td][/tr][tr][td]
Thunder need more offense out of its bigs, but they may be able to address that in the draft with Alex Len, Kelly Olynyk or Cody Zeller.
[/td][/tr][/table]

you have reggie jackson for a few years to still be RW back up Point guard and do a good job at it

Perry jones should be KD back up at SF/PF spot when they go small

porter would be prefect for this team if he could play SG and if you dont trust lamb in the future

OKC needs to draft a scoring bigmen at all cost, even if they have to move up using the 2nd 1st round pick bennett,zeller or Kelly Olynyk

Michael Carter-Williams said he also interviewed with OKC, Minnesota, Detroit and Charlotte

Hey_

Hey_

Anybody thinkin' about a consistent scorer down low?

Julius F. Wrek
this is beyond the point and hindsight but this is why i say they jumped the gun on the harden trade. the possibilities are endless on what could of happen this summer maybe flip harden and ibaka / perkins for kevin love and shved , david lee and klay, amongst other combos :smh:

Harden's value was at its highest before the season when teams could offer him the 5/80.

Julius F. Wrek

All things considered, Reggie Jackson played well in the playoffs. He'll be entering his third year next season, so if he improves and plays well next season, it'll likely mean he wants a lucrative extension. So that's James Harden and Eric Maynor situation all over again. So next season could end up being his last (full) season in Oklahoma City.

I agree. I don't think our "sustainability" model lends itself towards winning a championship and I think KD leaves in 2016 if we don't have him a ring by then

Hell.. I have no problem moving Reggie for something

Hopefully perry jones can show something next year and we can move him eventually too

Hopefully lamb can be a better version of Kmart on offense or I should say a more consistent version.. And actually useful on the defensive end.. Then we'll see what we get in this upcoming draft

Last edited:
I mean, we're going to end up trading Reggie anyways when it comes time to pay him because he showed so well this postseason. I think we need to make more "win now" moves because KD and Russ reupping isn't as guaranteed as people seem to think.

I mean, we're going to end up trading Reggie anyways when it comes time to pay him because he showed so well this postseason. I think we need to make more "win now" moves because KD and Russ reupping isn't as guaranteed as people seem to think.
That would be so sad if they left OKC
frown.gif

In my opinion, if we don't have him a ring by then KD is gone. He will have been in the NBA 9 yrs, and seen multiple of his teammates traded using the "small market, can't afford it" excuse while LA and BKN and other teams are loading up around their superstars, not to mention no telling what other superteams develop by then.

^ well hopefully lamb can fit seamlessly with Russ's, kd and ibaka..

And when it comes time for his contract to be renewed, he's willing to take the 4 years 52-55 mill that we offered harden harden last summer.. Then we ship out the other guys for future draft picks (hence my stance on Jackson) unless they are willing to take cheap deals or a unique one

Sam Presti "The amnesty application is not something that we've considered as an organization."

Not surprising but there it is. We are stuck with Perkins at least 1 more yr, maybe when his contract is a big expirer we can get some team to take him off our hands

At the same time, he's not going to get up there and say, "Perkins is a bum. I was wrong. Somebody please take him off my hands!" But yea, I am not at all confident in us retaining KD and Russ past their current contracts (2016 and 2017) if we don't get a ring first.

Presti doesn't let his guys get to free agency so that means the year prior is the year he goes to them, forces then to extend or trades them (see Martin, Maynor, Green, Perkins, Mullens, Aldrich, etc.). But if I am either one of those players, I get tired of hearing, "sorry, your man Harden, traded him, small market, no money," "Green, traded him, small market, no money" and now "Perkins.. keeping him, small market, no money," excuse time and time again.

If that happens, **** really gets real quick because we'll turn into every other small market team and end up overpaying FAs to come here. Dude, we tax funded paid for the arena and downtown renovations multiple times , time for you to spend some money and get us a ring Bennett and your boys. They're just arrogant and feeling themselves too much, need to look at LeBron and 2010 offseason and the aftermath both for the team and the city and do what it takes to get us a ring quick

Even this whole interview, reeks of media speak for that excuse.

^I hope you're wrong about KD/Westbrook potentially not being retained (unless they ended up in Houston, pipe dream), cause I can see Mitch with the Birdman handrub, with LAL fans' overconfidence caps on already. I'd be disgusted if they ended up there.

Back
Top Bottom