Official PC thread.

Whats the best place to sell PC parts? Is it still eBay? taking apart my gaming desktop, and selling it off.

I plan to buy a new gaming PC and I narrowed it down to three choices. I'm favoring the HP Omen so far because of the asthetics. I like the Eluktronics because of the simplistic style, but I heard the built is mostly plastic. As for the Zephyrus G14, it looks great, but I keep hearing about the touch input. Which one would you guys choose?:
RP-15_open_right_RYZEN__87193.1590176751.jpg

iil-223077-640050.png

HP_OMEN_15_2020_Ryzen4800H_RTX2060_3.jpg

I picked up the base g14 because I wanted more or an all in one machine than gaming since I have a gaming desktop. I love it, 10 hours battery life productivity/browsing/videos out of something I can occasionally play games on or run VMs etc. Plus it's portable. It's really remarkable.

For just gaming though you can't go wrong with either the rp-15 or omen. Omen has the best thermals of all in that group but RP is a bargain too when they added the better battery.

Not bad, you could save a lil more on the motherboard and probably wait on 3xxx series cards later this month. Supposedly the 3080 is 2x faster than the 2080 and the 3070 coming out next month is faster than the 2080ti costing only $499.

Yes im waiting on the new cards to come out. What would you do different to improve the rig? Also the motherboard is for the flash.

Yes im waiting on the new cards to come out. What would you do different to improve the rig? Also the motherboard is for the flash.

I'd say upgrade to an 8 core cpu and maybe a slightly bigger power supply. From what I'm reading the new cards require a bit more power and hopefully they're not too big so they fit your case.

Thoughts on Xidax for building a gaming PC?

Mostly curious if they’re taxing on part/labor cost since they assemble/setup everything.

I’m not super into building PCs, just trying to help my younger brother out and I don’t really have the time to learn how to build a PC myself.

I think he wants to spend around $1500-1800

Back
Top Bottom