***OFFICIAL PHILADELPHIA EAGLES 2011 SEASON THREAD***

The trade was voided. Thats pretty awkward for both of those guys coming back to their teams. 
laugh.gif

eaglessalarycap Bryce Johnston
official cap number circulating around today: $5,391,360.82 left for the Eagles; puts me off by about 540K

we could have a ton of money again come the offseason.. considering these guys won't be back

Asante - 9,335,000

Ronnie Brown (not sure number.. think it's about half a mil cap hit)

Vince Young - 4,000,000

Justice (maybe) - 3,031,000

Page - 575,000

Jamal Jackson (maybe) - 1,675,000

Mathis or Devan (1 stays for cheap) - 575,000/525,000

Parker - 3,300,000

Victor Abiamiri (IR) - 685,000

Steve Smith - 2,281,250

King Dunlap - 611,792

Laws (maybe) - 962,500

future cap info:
http://www.eaglescap.com/next.html

present cap space:
http://www.eaglescap.com/current.html

Deon lewis Will be a starting Running back for some team 1 day...dudes a monster...Too bad hes Backing up shady but theyre both PITT running backs, Actually Lewis was the next shady at pitt, and broke shadys records

hopefully we get some good karma for this:

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Without trade, Jerome Harrison doesn't get physical. Without physical, doctors don't find brain tumor. Trade might have saved his life.

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

hopefully we get some good karma for this:

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Without trade, Jerome Harrison doesn't get physical. Without physical, doctors don't find brain tumor. Trade might have saved his life.

damn that %%@ cray

Originally Posted by mackmittenzz

Deon lewis Will be a starting Running back for some team 1 day...dudes a monster...Too bad hes Backing up shady but theyre both PITT running backs, Actually Lewis was the next shady at pitt, and broke shadys records
I wouldn't go that far, Shady was the top recruit in the country until he messed up his ankle; I used to follow all his high school games praying he would pick Penn State while I was there.  Lewis will be a good back but I think Shady will be top 3 in the NFL; dude has Barry Sanders like cutting ability (not saying he is Barry Sanders).

Jeff_McLane Jeff McLane
Although it can't be made official at this point, Michael Vick has essentially voided the sixth year of his contract, as expected if Vick was to play more than 35 pct. of the Eagles' snaps in any year of the $100 million contract he signed in Sept. the sixth year worth $20 million, would be voided. Vick has played in 379 of 406 offensive snaps for the Eagles this season. Projected, the Eagles will have 1,082 snaps over a 16-game season. If Vick wasnt to play another snap this season he still would have played exactly 35 pct of the Eagles snaps based off the projected number of snaps. Not that any of this wasn't expected. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

the organization saved that mans life
eek.gif

wait so on Vick's sixth year he doesn't get 20 million?

^ it was false money.. most NFL contracts are..

but that was blatantly just added on so it could be reported as a "100 million dollars" deal

hence why i wouldnt mind us using 1 of our higher picks on a QB and pulling a rodgers (i kinda like barkley out of USC)

- we have 11 picks now and depending on what happens with some other guys, we could DEF have more

- i could see us packaging a couple of our picks together to move up and have mutiple 1st round picks

^ it was false money.. most NFL contracts are..

but that was blatantly just added on so it could be reported as a "100 million dollars" deal

hence why i wouldnt mind us using 1 of our higher picks on a QB and pulling a rodgers (i kinda like barkley out of USC)

- we have 11 picks now and depending on what happens with some other guys, we could DEF have more

- i could see us packaging a couple of our picks together to move up and have mutiple 1st round picks
I HATE Barkley; I could be wrong but if we get a QB I want Landry

^ just trying think who might slip a bit.. i figure landry will show up at workouts and get pushed into the top 10

i want a stud LB with our first 1st round pick.. or a stud DT.. or a stud DE, if we could get a peppers/mario williams type (a guy who can rush the passer and be solid on the edge vs the run.. this assumes we ditch wide 9, don't bring back babin and graham doesn't close out the year strong)

but i figure we could trade 2 of our 2nds (since i think we'll have 3) and maybe a 3rd to move back into the first and grab a QB if one slips (i could see barkley or landry slipping)

why does everyone want to get rid of Babin and DeSean?

DeSean and Maclin are both Top 10 in recieving yards and Babin is like 3-4th in the league with sacks and once Cole comes back he'll get back to his old form.

but a high profile LB or DT would be nice, but I won't bet on it with Reid

^ i figure babin might be gone just because i think we ditch the wide 9 completely next year.. or use it situaitonally like we're starting to do now

and that renders babin somewhat useless (if we're out of the wide 9) or overpaid (being a situational pass rusher).. this year: 5,300,000.. and remainder of contract: 5,200,000 4,425,000 6,200,000 6,200,000

but too many of our guys now fit into that situational role

i figure we'll try to resign desean with the money we get back from trading asante.. or throw some sort of tag on him

also we might actually have a chance of picking a LB early for once even if we keep reid and co..

Manti Te'o, is a mormon

and that renders babin somewhat useless (if we're out of the wide 9) or overpaid (being a situational pass rusher).. this year: 5,300,000.. and remainder of contract: 5,200,000 4,425,000 6,200,000 6,200,000

i figure we'll try to resign desean with the money we get back from trading asante.. or throw some sort of tag on him

oh damn i didn't know he was getting that much money, never mind  
laugh.gif

Wow, thats crazy about Harrison. I hope he can get better

I don't see why we would want to let DeSean go, that would be dumb. I know he hasn't done as much this year but I'd much rather have him on my team than have to defend him

^ only way i see desean leaving is if he wants some sort of absurd contract..

but even then, we'll get something in return for him

They are getting the ball rolling and all the wide outs will syart to get those 20yd+ plays.  pop warner fundamentals on D and philly can get an outside shot at the wild card

Originally Posted by demarcosteed

They are getting the ball rolling and all the wide outs will syart to get those 20yd+ plays.  pop warner fundamentals on D and philly can get an outside shot at the wild card

The only guarantee is to win the division.  Detroit has one wild card spot on lock. 

Wow that bit about Harrison is crazy! I'm glad everything worked out though. Now he can get treatment. Regarding our draft picks, i believe reid will go offense like usual, but in the later rounds. Depending on who slips.

Back
Top Bottom