Official Photography Thread: Vol. ICan'tFindTheLastOne

do you need to contact her and tell her to take that joint off or pay you or go to court .. lmao

that's why sometimes is good to watermark your stuff .. anyways, you as well as us know where that picture came from .. lol

and its obvious the liked it to ...

pimp.gif

BTW, how did you find out about it?

P.S. I just saw the one you was holding the book .. lmao

Originally Posted by elboricua 6

Originally Posted by 165kicks

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

^ I think he used auto bracketing? I forget what its called, but you set the camera to make multiple shots from one shutter release and saves them as -3, -1, 0,+1, +3, or whatever exposure compensation you set it to. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Only some cameras have this feature also. When I had the D90, I could find the option to do it.

Bracketing it is. For Canon users its called AEB. I used -2, 0 and +2.. Very useful function when doing an HDR, you just need to make sure all exposures are sharp if you're doing it handheld. Make sure to use self-timer and the camera will take all 3 exposures real quick after each other, a must for living objects. (It does help if the person is still too
wink.gif
)
pretty good if that last picture was handheld with 3 exposures .. You have a bigger size?

Also for all three pictures to fire back to back a remote is going to do the work and you don't have to wait them 2 extra second especially when you holding the camera which along makes that picture more impressive if it was with 3 images ..

Yes, please check my Flickr for a bigger version
smile.gif

do you need to contact her and tell her to take that joint off or pay you or go to court .. lmao

that's why sometimes is good to watermark your stuff .. anyways, you as well as us know where that picture came from .. lol

pimp.gif

206....NT guy on here sometimes told me about it in an e-mail. I was pretty surprised...not at the pic of her but the one of me holding the book.It's all good cause I knowing know that any of my photos can be stolen and its not like she is using it for commercial use. I'll water mark ones thatare worth waternarking.....and my name is on the damn book too so that is sort of proof...kind of. I am flattered....

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

pimp.gif

206....NT guy on here sometimes told me about it in an e-mail. I was pretty surprised...not at the pic of her but the one of me holding the book. It's all good cause I knowing know that any of my photos can be stolen and its not like she is using it for commercial use. I'll water mark ones that are worth waternarking.....and my name is on the damn book too so that is sort of proof...kind of. I am flattered....

Yeap, that's how I would be ...

Maybe you should contact her telling her thanks for posting your pictures or if you can have you picture back sign or a poster or something ..
laugh.gif

I cant find auto bracketing on my D40...I've always wanted to do HDR's but I might OD like how I do Panos.

It can't do it - you have to change the settings manually.

You can just take the raw file and drop it straight into photomatix though - I really like the results from that. It just gives a nice natural look but withall the extra detail you get from HDR. It works well for portraits and even landscapes where trees or clouds are moving - even in a few seconds you can getenough movement to give funny artefacts. I find working from the one raw file and just processing that works much better than making 3 files and then combiningthem - it just gives a nicer effect.

I love HDR - for giving great interesting detail in pictures - that you can't normally get. But I hate the pictures on the last few pages - that's notHDR IMO - it's far too processed. I've been biting my tongue as they seem popular and you see pictures like that all over the web.

I tend to do things like this to bring out details that you can't normally see - I did this a few months ago.

2360844469_69e7cf9d9c.jpg

It still looks a little processed - but not crazy like some you see.

It is from one shot - processed with photomatix from the raw file.

And another example of the type I hate:

2ajuvl4.jpg

I just don't like that style.

These are the last set from the galleria --

C&C are welcome as always!

3266951526_5df833db0b.jpg

3266950266_690240488e.jpg

3266124959_8c03466617.jpg

3266123965_fc15e4c7b9.jpg

#5 Personally, I love this painting and it's my favorite from all the ones I saw .. Don't ask me why ..
3266949198_d1eb635e55.jpg

I always peep this thread. I used to be really really into photography, but with work/family/everyday grind, I kinda fell off over the years.
I've been motivated a bit and wanted to add a few pics.
Feel free to comment/critique.

MINNIE
354398042.jpg

354398048.jpg

353502236.jpg

off topic kinda but is there an easy way to watermark your pics or put your name on them without having to re-do it for each pic... likee just apply it? sorryif that makes no sense.. i just woke up from a nap and am out of it.. i will come back later and word it better if it didn't make sense. basically do ihave to add the text w.e for each pic or is there a quicker easier way to do it. thank you

yeah, what paolo said. just creat an action and it'll do it.

thats what i do to batch resize pics

Originally Posted by kdwallace

I cant find auto bracketing on my D40...I've always wanted to do HDR's but I might OD like how I do Panos.

It can't do it - you have to change the settings manually.

You can just take the raw file and drop it straight into photomatix though - I really like the results from that. It just gives a nice natural look but with all the extra detail you get from HDR. It works well for portraits and even landscapes where trees or clouds are moving - even in a few seconds you can get enough movement to give funny artefacts. I find working from the one raw file and just processing that works much better than making 3 files and then combining them - it just gives a nicer effect.

I love HDR - for giving great interesting detail in pictures - that you can't normally get. But I hate the pictures on the last few pages - that's not HDR IMO - it's far too processed. I've been biting my tongue as they seem popular and you see pictures like that all over the web.

I tend to do things like this to bring out details that you can't normally see - I did this a few months ago.

2360844469_69e7cf9d9c.jpg

It still looks a little processed - but not crazy like some you see.

It is from one shot - processed with photomatix from the raw file.

And another example of the type I hate:

2ajuvl4.jpg

I just don't like that style.

I agree...I've always loved HDR's check out this dude's work. http://www.flickr.com/photos/t1ger/http://www.flickr.com/photos/t1ger/
most of his HDR's are
pimp.gif
but some do look over processed where theycome over saturated and flat or just stright up potato-shopped.

I like the ones with a more of natural look. I used to look forward to post processing, but lately I've gotten really picky with the pictures, (mostlylazy) so most of the pictures that Ive posted recently have very little post-processing on CS3 (sharpen, remove noise, tag and border). Unless they are superover exposed..

Hey guys, I was wondering which of these work for you all? Since the topic of HDR came up - I figure I post these ...

#1 is underexpose from 5 shoots to make the HDR

3270940432_ac44628037.jpg

#2 is a HDR from 3 different exposures about 1 minute worth of shutter staying open (kdwallace is it to much for you?)

3270114949_bdab084990.jpg

elboricua 6: To answer your question, it was a combination of the DoF with the brightly colored paintings against a primarily white background. It just reallypopped.

wow, you guys are doin it up nice with those HDR's. maybe i'll get into that one day.

elboricua6, im diggin that last one too. not something i would buy, but it has a dope composition to it.

these are pics from disneyland and ca adventure

#2 is a HDR from 3 different exposures about 1 minute worth of shutter staying open (kdwallace is it to much for you?)

No, that is okay - you've used the technique to expose 2 different parts of the image that you couldn't with one exposure.

If it was daylight and your wall came out looking like that I would question it but that second one is pretty interesting. Personally I would probably back offthe saturation a little but that's all - and I often find that nighttime hdr's do that - somehow in the process it oversaturates warm colors.

3106_ebd24da5fda9dba509fb7b3d1d2ea3c3.jpg
Okay this is not my pic but I would like to know how to get this look with my pictures. I mean is this something that can be done on PS, filter,specific camera. Any help would be appreciated.

^That is probably tungsten based slide film from 35mm camera with head on flash, but I'm sure with alittle tweaking in contrasts/tone in photoshop youcould get that on DSLR just using same head on flash and a tungsten temperature setting which I'm sure most if not all DSLR's have.

damn, been sleepin on this thread somethin stupid.

Gonna have to start carrying my camera again...!#%*% been collecting dust
smh.gif
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom