***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Enough is enough

Oatmeal cookies are trash. If you like oatmeal cookies then you must still have carpet in your house. Complete poverty
Capture.PNG

Bezos and Amazon rich as **** with no signs of slowing down ever, no reason they can't have a union.

you don’t even need to be rich to have a union company.

I worked for my homegirls/wife’s friend dad for a while and they’re a tiny union company. I asked him why he went union since day 1 40 years ago.

“why not, you guys work hard and I don’t have to deal with raises and insurance. It’s a win all around”

it helps the company too, they get better jobs from it and trained employees.

bezos is just a powehungry clown. Amazon will go union, it’s just a matter of when.

Senate impeachment trial arguments to start February 9

On the subject of the political elite abusing its power and how it's destroying America:

Drawing on decades of economic research, Why Nations Fail argues that political institutions — not culture, natural resources or geography — explain why some nations have gotten rich while others remain poor. A good example is North Korea and South Korea. Eighty years ago, the two were virtually indistinguishable. But after a civil war, North Korea turned to communism, while South Korea embraced markets and, eventually, democracy. The authors argue that South Korea's institutions are the clear reason that it has grown insanely more rich than North Korea.

Nations like South Korea have what Acemoglu and Robinson call "inclusive institutions," such as representative legislatures, good public schools, open markets and strong patent systems. Inclusive institutions educate their populations. They invest in infrastructure. They fight poverty and disease. They encourage innovation. They are far different from the "extractive institutions" found in countries like North Korea, Venezuela and Saudi Arabia, where small groups of elites use state power for their own ends and prosper through corruption, rent-seeking or brutally forcing people to work.

that’s me, stainless fridge, beige oven and a 30 year old dishwasher. :lol:

my kitchen is trash.
Are you saying your appliances don't have custom paneling to match your cabinets? :emoji_astonished:

(I've lived most of my adult life without a dishwasher and using a stack of microwaves as a makeshift island because I had no counter space)

Are you saying your appliances don't have custom paneling to match your cabinets? :emoji_astonished:

(I've lived most of my adult life without a dishwasher and using a stack of microwaves as a makeshift island because I had no counter space)

man... my counter tops don’t even match let alone my appliances. Kitchen is fresh out of ‘92 with a new cheap *** fridge because the og broke I assume. It was like that when I moved in.

I like that move :pimp: sometimes I put a cutting board over my sink to make more counter space.

I don’t have a microwave, I threw it away instead of cleaning it. Then I realized I don’t need one.

Back
Top Bottom