***Official Political Discussion Thread***

We need examples like this when everyone including politicians tries to tout Europe as the economic model we all should follow.

This debacle turning into the never ending Superbowl.
Belgium's gridlock isn't an economic problem though. From what I understand it's a cultural one, Belgium Belgium can correct if I'm wrong.

The weird thing is that they not even open to some good ole fashion schemin and scamming

Like what does your state need so it can be jumping. New highways, a water project, what?

How the hell are you not trying to run the Treasury's pockets right now for that filibuster vote.

seems like they really believe all the myth making about the senate, which i can understand if you've been there forever.

like i bet Diane Feinstien won't vote to end the filibuster.

but Sinema? she has no excuse,

I got many views on this situation, that i could write an essay about

But to keep it light, note how after Obeezy and his replacement Roland Burns left the Senate, not a follicle on a black man's head has seen the Senate floor

Makes me wonder if I were born in this country, maybe I could have made it

It's due to the ongoing sentiment that Obama was our reparations. Mitch Mcconnell not the only one of his colleagues sharing that notion. Prior to 2020, they were trying to roll all of black reparations into the Obama legacy just like both parties are trying to roll this countries systematic racism into Trump. It's intellectually lazy and dishonest on both ends.

seems like they really believe all the myth making about the senate, which i can understand if you've been there forever.

Feinstein needs to retire, the story about her mental state didn't paint a good picture

I think you are giving Manchin too much credit though. He is old but has only been in the Senate for 10 years. All he has ever seen is Mitch's ruthless behavior.

I really think the dude is making some political triangulation

As I google more pics of Krysten Sinema I think I might pro filibuster. 🤔

She's starting to convince me.
Oh, that's how it is brotha...
img_4376.jpg

It's due to the ongoing sentiment that Obama was our reparations. Mitch Mcconnell not the only one of his colleagues sharing that notion. Prior to 2020, they were trying to roll all of black reparations into the Obama legacy just like both parties are trying to roll this countries systematic racism into Trump. It's intellectually lazy and dishonest on both ends.
Eh not really buying the both sides framing

Mitch McConnell and other Republicans legit denied systemic racism existence and used Obama as an explain

Dems say Trump fan the flames of a sentiment that already existed in America. I don't think they have come close to act like Trump built the fire. He was just an accelerant.

Hell most of them were in politics during the 90s when there was another boil over of white extremist violence.

Last edited:
If I'm a group of young democratic senators looking to be heroes, I'd call their bluff. I can sit here for 30 hours, go ahead and waste your time. Then we can vote after.

Feinstein needs to retire, the story about her mental state didn't paint a good picture

I think you are giving Manchin too much credit though. He is old but has only been in the Senate for 10 years. All he has ever seen is Mitch's ruthless behavior.

I really think the dude is making some political triangulation

you know I love joey manchin.

I just don't think you can ever count on joey manchin to lead the revolution on anything.

he's always gunna prioritize keeping his seat,
and given that he's the only one what can hold it, it's hard to be mad at him.

Sinema got me perplexed too. Like Manchin I get, I dislike him but I get it. He plays his part to keep his seat. Acts a fool every now and then but when it's time to vote he typically falls in line. If the dems already had 50 votes Manchin would likely do what needs to be done after "fighting" for the concerns of his backwater constituents.

But Sinema aint gotta do that. AZ is pretty blue now. The state government's still controlled by republicans but the people voted for 2 democrat senators, most of their congressmen are democrats and they gave their electoral votes to Biden. In 4 years when you're up for re-election the electorate should only turn more blue. If they sent an unmarried bisexual woman to congress what makes you think their *** won't easily send someone else? Keep holding water for Republicans and it might not go that well for you when you're primaried and your fellow senators turn their backs.

I just don't think you can ever count on joey manchin to lead the revolution on anything.

Dude is 73 and Schumer had to beg him not to retire before 2018.

Mans probably not running again, and even if he did he is gonna be running during a presidential year.

His time in the Senate is probably number one way or the other. I don't expect him to be a revolutionary, just damn, can that fool not see the writing the wall.

How does tanking the party in 22' and 24' help him hold onto his seat though?

His constituents will bail over the filibuster? How many of them even know what that is or how it operates?

How does tanking the party in 22' and 24' help him hold onto his seat though?

His constituents will bail over the filibuster? How many of them even know what that is or how it operates?

I don't know.

but I think Joey Manchin knows west virginia better than me.

Back
Top Bottom