***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Housing policy in America is ****ed. Like so much attention is given to land use policy, but there is so much bull****, from the left and the right, and nonpartisan sentiments ****ing things up.

Too much veto power for reform to get passed, so many bad incentives. Even if we get to a place where developers can build freely, look at this ****...

Last edited:
Another weird twist is that is small landlords that own rental properties (they don't live at as well) are probably a net negative for the housing market.

But landlord-tenant housing like the townhomes with attachment basement apartments, or single-family homes with detached "mother-in-law" quarters on the property are probably a net positive.

m9oljppncpy61.jpg

Question for those in this thread who have close family (parents or siblings) that are still Trump supporters...

How in the hell do you handle them?! I don't bring up politics around them at all, but they insist on constantly trying to bring it up, messaging me memes/comics/articles whatever to try and change my mind. I'll come clean and confess, I've voted GOP for McCain and Romney, so it wasn't a point of contention before. But then I refused to vote for Trump in the primary or general, and even though I didn't support or vote for Hillary, all of a sudden the bullseye was on me.

I was once a registered R, but the last 4-5 years really made me re-evaluate what I was supporting and I made a change. Guess some people can't accept that. It's tough that my family now decides that my identity is in who I voted for, instead of the man I actually am.

The comment is beyond stupid.

Everything is really connected, with higher taxes comes higher wages and better school systems. Is no suprise the least educated people in America are from the red states.

Furthermore, if you look ag crime rates, it's safe to say that a lot of the red state with affordable housing and low cost of living are amongst the leaders . Probably because their pay ....

Dumb ***.

Screenshot_20210512-153233_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Question for those in this thread who have close family (parents or siblings) that are still Trump supporters...

How in the hell do you handle them?! I don't bring up politics around them at all, but they insist on constantly trying to bring it up, messaging me memes/comics/articles whatever to try and change my mind. I'll come clean and confess, I've voted GOP for McCain and Romney, so it wasn't a point of contention before. But then I refused to vote for Trump in the primary or general, and even though I didn't support or vote for Hillary, all of a sudden the bullseye was on me.

I was once a registered R, but the last 4-5 years really made me re-evaluate what I was supporting and I made a change. Guess some people can't accept that. It's tough that my family now decides that my identity is in who I voted for, instead of the man I actually am.
Thank god my sister, parents and in laws aren’t magas. I have lots of cousin and aunts and uncles that are and I just cut them the **** off. Even cousins who were like brothers to me. It makes me sad sometimes but I just can’t be around them.

I really think if it wasn’t for my sister and me then my dad would be brainwashed by Fox News. The man is getting old and he is ripe for brainwashing. Glad we keep an eye on him to prevent that. :lol:

I have some MAGAs as family and friends. I try not to bring it up. But if they do and I can’t get them to stop after asking them nicely, I trap them into corners. And then they shut up on their own after being outraged.

most of us here know their talking points so it’s easy to entrap them in their own words and make them feel stupid.

It is wild the effect Fox News has on people. Especially older white people

Quite a few people have told me stories about how they have gotten their parents and grandparents away from Fox News and other right-wing media, and the positive changes they have seen in a relatively short amount of time.

Like full personality changes occurring once they don't have that propaganda constantly triggering them.

People should worry a little less about OAN and Newsmax (they are worse unhinged nonsense, and people should be concerned, but Fox is not that far behind), and worry way more about local news and Sunday morning news shows in mainstream outlets getting more right-wing.

And definitely worry about when Fox News weaponizes diversity effecitively. If they can ever make Latino, black (the holy grail) Tucker Carlson equivalents take hold, this country is doomed beyond repair.

I have friends that are die hard Republicans and we get along well because I'm a conservative first and a Black Man second.

I'd like to point out bison is goddamn delicious. Probably the second best tasting meat I've tasted.

its fire man. :pimp:

elk is too.

bison is taking off here because it was here before beef and you don’t have to do much to it. Just let them graze and you’re good.

Catcher in the Rye is one of my favorite books and I still wouldn't use it as an answer
Good news is only book snobs are gonna care

Is it just me or is bison kinda sweet? I like it a lot.
Yeah it has a prominent sweet flavor. I'm not 100% sure if I'd put I'd rank it over grain-fed black angus beef as my #2 best tasting meat (wagyu is #1) but it's close. Bison is really expensive here though and not always available.

It is wild the effect Fox News has on people. Especially older white people

Quite a few people have told me stories about how they have gotten their parents and grandparents away from Fox News and other right-wing media, and the positive changes they have seen in a relatively short amount of time.

Like full personality changes occurring once they don't have that propaganda constantly triggering them.

People should worry a little less about OAN and Newsmax (they are worse unhinged nonsense, and people should be concerned, but Fox is not that far behind), and worry way more about local news and Sunday morning news shows in mainstream outlets getting more right-wing.

And definitely worry about when Fox News weaponizes diversity effecitively. If they can ever make Latino, black (the holy grail) Tucker Carlson equivalents take hold, this country is doomed beyond repair.

Sinclair owns almost 300 stations in the US

Back
Top Bottom