***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Man my best friend voted Republican all the way down the ticket. He voted for Trump/Pence.

I didn't even know he registered!

He's been my best friend since hs. I was the best man at his wedding!

Wowwwwwww

this guy with a ton of good stuff on the Nevada law suit:

https://twitter.com/RalstonReports?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Michelle Rindels@RindelsAP 29m29 minutes ago

Michelle Rindels Retweeted caroline bleakley

Livestream of hearing in Trump v. Clark County lawsuithttps://twitter.com/cbleakley/status/796068057701613569  …

Michelle Rindels added,

CwwxfTLUkAAwLLg.jpg

caroline bleakley @cbleakley

#NVElection WATCH: Court hearing - Trump suing Clark County registrar over early voting hours being extended #8NN http://bit.ly/2bcID8U   pic.twitter.com/jgYgH2y3hp

Def should be a holiday or at least make it on a weekend, another one of the dumb things from the past ppl just roll with n never change :smh: ...n if y'all don't know most states give you a couple hours of paid leave to go vote on the clock, tell you employer you coming in late or leaving early n flourish

CA provides up to 2 hours paid.... even had time for a Prop 64 'session' :nthat:

Obama's Election day ritual! Hooping with up with UA exclusives! :lol:

Man my best friend voted Republican all the way down the ticket. He voted for Trump/Pence.

Wowwwwwww

He black?

If so, were there any warning signs? Was he serving butter biscuits at his wedding? Does he own any brown leather jackets?

Last edited:

Wowwwwwww

When I grew up I was taught about voting & how its important but also how I am not obligated to reveal my vote.
In some way those elders had it right as elections shouldn't be responsible for severing rel ationships. One should be able to cast their vote w/o fear of social repercussion.

On the radio a caller said their grandma had been un-invited to Thanksgiving dinner this year because she was asked then told
how she was gonna vote...like those relatives were ever so polarized by anything else ever before :smh: ....no they weren't...and they will
go back to their normal ways (of being oblivious) soon after the election as i see it

Last edited:

Wowwwwwww
you really think you know someone, huh

Wowwwwwww
Guess u know what kinda guy he really is now :smh: ...proceed with caution

may this court hearing is so much struggle.. it's hilarious and so cringe worthy at the same time.. I wonder how much trump is paying this dude..

or I should say promised to pay this dude

When I grew up I was taught about voting & how its important but also how I am not obligated to reveal my vote.
In some way those elders had it right as elections shouldn't be responsible for severing rel ationships. One should be able to cast their vote w/o fear of social repercussion.

On the radio a caller said their grandma had been un-invited to Thanksgiving dinner this year because she was asked then told
how she was gonna vote...like those relatives were ever so polarized by anything else ever before
mean.gif
....no they weren't...and they will
go back to their normal ways (of being oblivious) soon after the election as i see it
Was taught the same. Kind of dumb when people have a falling out due to their political views.

Question for you guys...could you break bread with anyone who is a Trump supporter? Or has the line been drawn?

Was taught the same. Kind of dumb when people have a falling out due to their political views.
I'm always careful. I start off slow with some noncommittal comments and wait till they start to show their preference before I reveal mine. You just never know.

Question for you guys...could you break bread with anyone who is a Trump supporter? Or has the line been drawn?
It would depend. If they're some kind of alt-right fanatic, then no. But I probably wouldn't be friends with them to begin with.

Otherwise I think it would be ok. It would be a chance to find out why they think that way and to explain myself as well. At the end of the day I would hope we could respect each other's personal opinions.

That's the PC answer. In reality, I don't even know if any friend I have is supporting Trump. I just saw my very Republican friend and was nervous he might be a Trump supporter, but he quickly started saying how awful Trump was and that he would be voting for Hillary.

Last edited:

Of course, it is not that serious. :lol:

I got a cousin who is a hardcore Trump supporter. We talk about a lot of stuff( from family to sports), but when it comes to politics I just cook his *** for spewing nonsense.

We have neighbors that we're close with that are deplorables. They get pissy with me whenever I say they're the only deplorables I like. I will say in the 5 years I've known them, they haven't shown themselves to be racist. I've looked in their closets & didn't see white robes & hoods. :rolleyes

CA provides up to 2 hours paid.... even had time for a Prop 64 'session' :nthat:

Obama's Election day ritual! Hooping with up with UA exclusives! :lol:
Whether or not many people will admit it, it is going to be a long time before we have another President that everyone can relate to, or one who can simply relate to you without coming off as phoney. I am glad I got to experience this in my lifetime.

sure, why not?

Wowwwwwww
Guess u know what kinda guy he really is now :smh: ...proceed with caution

From the outside looking in, folks think this is changing the dynamic of their friendship...

This, it really shouldn't be that way. Agree to disagree is definitely ok.

This,feel like it's a little arbitrary stopping relationships over religious/political beliefs even when there's disagreement. Imo you can learn to co-exist with that,no need to live in a bubble

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom