***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Where do you guys go to get news that's unbiased? Also what do you think has to happen for a 3rd party to actually get on the same level as Democrats and Republicans?

u gotta listen to both sides and make your own distinctions.

i do da NPR in da morning(Brian Lehrer) talk radio @ noon (pick a right winger...Rush maybe?) and watch CNN & Fox simultaneously during da evening (one live and DVR da other) starting from 8pm to 1am.

(ill catch sportcenter super late)

weekends its fox sunday with Chris Wallace

ABC/NBC/CBS avoid like da plague. (except meet da press wit chuck todd, definitely watch that)

Last edited:
Where do you guys go to get news that's unbiased? Also what do you think has to happen for a 3rd party to actually get on the same level as Democrats and Republicans?
I have a subscription to the economist which imo is one of the best news sources out there. I also read Reuters, NYT (New York Times), The Atlantic, Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, Black Agenda Report, Politico, The Nation, and The National review to see the conservative side of the argument.

I don't see 3rd parties becoming serious challengers to the dems and repubs any time soon. But they can gain some traction by building grassroots campaigns on the local level.

Last edited:
NY Times. Washington Post. Those are the two that come to mind. I barely watch TV these days.

The election was the most I've watched something non sports lol

Last edited:
Assange co conspirated with russians and possibly snowden on digging up any dirt on hill. Comey must have gotten tipped off too.

Too many forces nailed hill to the cross

Trump just facing accusations like abuse, fraud

BUT it looks like he aint responsible for possible murder related connection that hill was blamed for

Last edited by a moderator:
Just seen this pic of Obama's staffers reacting to his congratulatory speech for Trump

Gotta be the worst feeling of all time

:lol:
That meanmugging

Wait, you want to go back to the OG Muscle car era, but you wanna kill unions and cut corporate taxes at the same time.

Famb, you don't know you economic history at all. Jesus

da right to work was a retort to "low paying non unionized jobs"

that da coal workers will definitely get back now.

It might not help as much as you think. Coal got hit not so much because of regulation, any booming industry can beat those, it got hit because of fracking and the rise of cheap natural gas.

If solar cheap roaring, and we keep fracking. Coal is gonna get washed regardless famb

Coal and natural gas are direct substitutes in energy production.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...g-coal-but-industry-s-outlook-is-flat-at-best

Damn I didn't even know natural gas was beating coal like that :lol:

natural gas is a fracking blessing, but alot of regulation also was killing coal.
Dude
It's not because of regulations
It's because natural gas is cheaper and is currently in more demand than coal

http://reason.com/blog/2016/10/11/natural-gas-ambush-killed-off-coal-minin

Hong, co-director of the Electricity Systems Research Lab at Case Western Reserve, and Walter Culver, a founding member of the Great Lakes Energy Institute Advisory Board at the university, say the data show that shale-gas competition is what's been hurting coal as of today. They expect that, as wind and solar sources of electricity continue to improve, they will be tough competitors to coal in the not-distant future. ...

"If you're a power plant operator and you see gas supply is continuing to increase and natural gas can do the job cheaper -- by a lot -- the decision to switch from coal is pretty easy," Culver said. "As we look toward the future, we see no natural mechanisms that will permit coal to recover," Culver said.

I tried explaining this to ninja a looong time ago but he wasn't having it.

In addition to the price, gas is a much more efficient source of electricity because it can be used in combined cycle generators, which are much more efficient than coal powered generators. For an energy company, the less energy source wasted, the lower the costs of operation and the higher their profits.

It's funny
Trump isn't a neocon
But his staff is going to be filled with them
TREMENDOUS

Cosign trump will play the victim but the real thugs are his cabinet and allies who will propose and possibly implement what THEY want and trump just gotta consent and nobody's responsible

Trump really just a clueless pawn and puppet with that mug looking like "trust me, Im donald trump"

Either way public will typically deal with the aftereffects

Now, watch how the clergy comes out asking for calm and prayers for this nutta' buttah', and the "nation". They won't go into middle america then ask those red necks to chill, but they will have their behinds somewhere that a lot of black folks and young people are pizzed off. I have no respect for any of the clergy in this nation, and feel that they should be completely ignored.

Last edited:
I see lying ted, geb, rubio, ryan all rubbing their hands looking to get in deeper in the administration

Its a republican dream team and a nightmare for the others

I wonder how the pope is reacting

But cardinal dolan might look nervous after that al smith dinner remark :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

I have a subscription to the economist which imo is one of the best news sources out there. I also read Reuters, NYT (New York Times), The Atlantic, Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, Black Agenda Report, Politico, The Nation, and The National review to see the conservative side of the argument.

I don't see 3rd parties becoming serious challengers to the dems and repubs any time soon. But they can gain some traction by building grassroots campaigns on the local level.

They won't be a threat to the 2 main parties at the national level for a min but if they start strong at the local level, especially as the boomers die off (which is taking forever) and people get tired of only two legit options, they'll start to make waves. I see them being a force nationally within 20yrs or so.

It's funny
Trump isn't a neocon
But his staff is going to be filled with them
TREMENDOUS

Cosign trump will play the victim but the real thugs are his cabinet and allies who will propose and possibly implement what THEY want and trump just gotta consent and nobody's responsible

Trump really just a clueless pawn and puppet with that mug looking like "trust me, Im donald trump"

Either way public will typically deal with the aftereffects
Guy was touting that fake populist steez, and you know he was faking all along when he showed that cabinet. Had Ron Paul calling out his lying ***.
Trump supporters are gonna be in a rude awakening when most of the promises don't get delivered. Well maybe except for the defunding of the EPA. Ozone layer about to get rekt :lol: :smh:

I'm not sure white folks really care about issues affecting minorities. The ones I've grown up with/work with appear to be in their own bubble. If it doesn't affect their well being they don't care. It's so hard explaining to them what I've been through. I've worked hard all my life, I've attained my Masters and I'll be going back to school. I still feel like I gotta prove myself to them every damn day. Ish is frustrating..man. Thank God I have a father that I can vent to. He was always seems to put things in perspective. My bad y'all I'm just venting..

White people don't care. Other minorities don't even care about what the other is going through. Especially Asians. And I'm Asian. :lol:

Just sad. Just a every man for himself out there.

eh.

trump gonna c****

We gotta make the most of this. I know it sucks, we have planet of the apes upon us (sorry, that's an insult to apes). But we are resilient people and we need to make the most of this. This could be the most entertaining and satisfying 4 years of our lives, and we could come out of this with the Republican party as we know it completely destroyed.

I call on everyone to troll Trump for the next 4 years. Constantly belittle him at every turn. Get under his paper thin skin. Take a dump in Trump tower lobbies. Rub his toothbrush on your genitals.

The orangutan will snap.

Ratings will be at an all-time high.

i beat you to it. ha!

btw did ninja just say in this thread that he watches news from 8 pm to 1 am every day? and two channels at the same time? do any of the rest of you do this?

i mean i might do that on the nights of the debates, but other than that i spend at most an hour or two watching the news. i feel like it skews your perspective on life if you spend less than half your day living life and the rest watching other people who are paid to do or say whatever gets them the most viewers and endorsements. it's similar to staying at home watching soap operas 6 hours a day. you're gonna think everyone lives and thinks like that.

Back
Top Bottom