***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I eat my eat medium rare now, but I ain't gonna lie, when I was a teenager, I used to eat steak well done. West Indian people swear that any pink is blood, and had me shook :smh:

It was not until I had a good medium joint did I realize I was missing out.

I still remember me and my friends from work went to Outback, and when I ordered a well done joint, the entire table looked at me with disgust

Black libertarian and well done steak, man was I lost in my teenage years :smh:

Last edited:
I too did well done for years. Followed my pops (Jamaican) it wasn't until I went to Fogos when I was 21 that I decided to try something else since it was all you can eat. I tried medium well and was hooked.

I don't like steak sauce. I tried it on a steak once when I didn't know any better and did not care for it. If it's whack on steak what's steak sauce suppose to be used on?

It don't taste good on chicken or hamburgers or pork really. Its make more sense to put bbq sauce on a steak.

Anyway as far as cooking, if I'm cooking the steak, it don't matter if its rare or well done. It'll taste amazing.

Last edited:
Steak sauce is supposed to mimic the juices from a steak, usually the well done people use it because they miss it. Not necessary if the steak is done right. I'll use it or heinz 57 if i'm on the road at some cheapo spot for a cheap meal. (I know, travesty).

Yeah as a yardie myself well done was the order of the day as a kid, which I can understand undercooking meats in a 3rd world country. Being how fresh we'd get the meat sometimes though i'm sure the medium rare steak would've been superb.

i never use saws on steak but that heinz 57 joint is okay.

worshteshire i use to make other sawses

Best sauce for steak is Worcestershire sauce

Lol, the best steak aren't the fresh ones but the ones that been dry aged for several weeks. They get really tender and melt in your mouth when prepared right.

Lol, the best steak aren't the fresh ones but the ones that been dry aged for several weeks. They get really tender and melt in your mouth when prepared right.

I've heard this before and went to a spot that did the dry age process and I was not impressed at all. Wasn't worth the price. I guess the spot was just ******.

Subjective. I've had high rated fresh, wet aged, dry aged and they were all enjoyable. Still need to hit up Peter Luger's though.

A1 is good stuff on a nice medium steak. I'll never forgive you Amel for humiliating me and my kind in here

The waiters at Peter Lugers are a holes lol. Wouldn't be surprised if they disapprove of ethnic people dining over there. Used to be a regular at Peter Lugers until I discovered Ruth Chris. Steak is pretty much the same but the waiters are so so much better.

In the summer I went to Gordon Ramsay's steakhouse at Las Vegas once
Their rib eye was 28 days old minimum

:nthat:

Medium rare deliciousness

Back
Top Bottom