***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I wonder how that dude can look so straight faced still after lying so many times

so many fascinating moments in this travesty, and this was already mentioned in here, but perhaps the most iconic is trump telling Turnbull, around the same time that the gop was voting, that he admires Australia's universal health care.

What's NTLA's opinion of Eric Garcetti, the current mayor of Los Angeles? I'm thinking he could be THE GUY in 2020.

He's young (under 50), Mexican, Jewish and has NAACP credibility.

What's NTLA's opinion of Eric Garcetti, the current mayor of Los Angeles? I'm thinking he could be THE GUY in 2020.

He's young (under 50), Mexican, Jewish and has NAACP credibility.
Nah lol
Gotta be governor of Cali before you can campaign for president

Wait- they rolled in bud light to Paul Ryan's victory party? What kind of Wisconsin boy is he, where the MGD at? Smh

Gotta learn to differentiate between different types of progressives though my dude...

Not all of them are hard headed,take the ball to go home when they lose types.

But there are enough of these types that it can affect an election..

The point still stands though :lol:,the number of those kind of folks isn't what swung the election nearly as much as the voters from swing states who flipped from Obama voters to Trump or the Independents who sat out/went Trump(48% of them compared to 42 for Hillary). Each of those groups were big parts of the Obama coalition and provided tiny hands with his margin in those crucial rust belt, swing states. Sure a lot of folks might have stayed home/gone 3rd party and they share some of the blame but a lions share of the progressive vote still went to Hillary,still think we need to make that distinction over sweeping statements...

Last edited:

^ there is way too much optimism in this post. I don't see why there is any real reason to think the GOP is in trouble. There are so many scumbags and other morally wrong people who constantly get elected and re-elected.
Very true, these people were so sickened with Don but still voted for him. These people are phonies and hypocrites of the highest order.
Don't forget these are the same people that claimed they felt like the country needed change it needed an outsider to shake things up the claimed they wanted to drain the swamp.....

.....then proceeded to vote for all these Republican incumbents at the same time...cause you know drain the swamp

Wait- they rolled in bud light to Paul Ryan's victory party? What kind of Wisconsin boy is he, where the MGD at? Smh

Showing his true colors. I wish my fellow
Wisconsinites would wake up and see how much of s phony he is.

Taking​ lobbyist reasons away, what personal objection would someone really have to not include pre-existing conditions? Some heartless ****.

“This new legislation would allow states to opt-out, and allow insurance companies to refuse to sell insurance to people with pre-existing conditions, as long as there’s some set-up for them,” Tapper explained in an interview with Brooks, asking if the president “did he not understand what was in the bill.”

“That’s not my understanding of the way the bill has been reframed,” Brooks said of the president’s characterization. “My understanding is that is that it will allow insurance companies to require people who have higher healthcare costs to contribute more.”

Brooks added that the new bill “[reduces] the cost to people who lead good lives, they’re healthy, they’ve done the things to keep their bodies healthy, and right now, those are the people who’ve done things the right way.”
Obviously these sick people are sinners and da Lord is giving them their rightful suffering. Proper healthcare coverage would distract da sick from their penance.

If they simply led good lives they wouldn't be in that position.

If they don't like it, they can always save up 6 months of salary and move to another state

“People can go to the state that they want to live in,” Rep. Robert Pittenger (R-NC) told reporters Tuesday morning when asked if people with pre-existing conditions could be charged much more under the American Health Care Act.

“States have all kinds of different policies and there are disparities among states for many things: driving restrictions, alcohol, whatever,” he continued. “We’re putting choices back in the hands of the states. That’s what Jeffersonian democracy provides for.”

Last edited:
So I have to save six months salary, then quit my job uproot my family and life and move to another state, and no new iPhone.

Thank you republicans for my health care! Oh wait, I have congenital heart disease, I can't get coverage :frown:

Also let me say this.

The insurance companies played themselves.

democrats won't be out of power forever, and when they get it back, you think they are going to compromise with this rube goldberg construction of a system to preserve individual insurance?

hall. nah.

Single payer is the only way forward now, and there will be no joe leiberman to save you.

they should have fought harder to make the ACA work, now there will be no mercy.

Last edited:
So I have to save six months salary, then quit my job uproot my family and life and move to another state, and no new iPhone.

Thank you republicans for my health care! Oh wait, I have congenital heart disease, I can't get coverage :frown:

At least with Da Coal powered Hemi you ride out Life in STYLE B.

Also let me say this.

democrats won't be out of power forever, and when they get it back, you think they are going to compromise with this rube goldberg construction of a system to preserve individual insurance?

hall. nah.

Single payer is the only way forward now, and there will be no joe leiberman to save you.

they should have fought harder to make the ACA work, now there will be no mercy.

-We are not getting single payer in America. Definitely not getting what some like Sanders is pushing

-What we will probably be a roided up public option. Which would still be horrible for the insurance industries bottom line.

-It might be a while for Dems get 60 Senate votes (but McConnell might play himself, we never know)

-There are still like 3-4 centrist Senators that could be bought. Joe Manchin for example

-The insurance companies did try to make the ACA work. They were against the GOP under funding it. But they didn't cut a big enough check to sway them. The Koch brothers wanted that tax cut.

Last edited:
-We are not getting single payer in America. Definitely not getting what some like Sanders is pushing

-What we will probably be a roided up public option. Which would still be horrible for the insurance industries bottom line.

-It might be a while for Dems get 60 Senate votes (but McConnell might play himself, we never know)

-There are still like 3-4 centrist Senators that could be bought. Joe Manchin for example

-The insurance companies did try to make the ACA work. They were against the GOP under funding it. But they didn't cut a big enough check to sway them. The Koch brothers wanted that tax cut.

there maybe transitory steps in between I think it's going to eventually end up as single payer.

People with obamacare in kentucky complain because they would rather be on the medicade expansion, I think this day started the path towards single payer...and if this thing passes it will only speed up that path.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/charles-...ven-years-away-from-single-payer-health-care/

Hey look Charles Krauthamme agrees with me! :lol: :x

there maybe transitory steps in between I think it's going to eventually end up as single payer.

People with obamacare in kentucky complain because they would rather be on the medicade expansion, I think this day started the path towards single payer...and if this thing passes it will only speed up that path.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/charles-...ven-years-away-from-single-payer-health-care/

Hey look Charles Krauthamme agrees with me! :lol: :x

I doubt it. At the end of the day the biggest hurdle with single payer is that it is more popular when people are ignorant about the specifics.

If we have a great public option. Asking for more taxes revenue to build a bigger system would be a hard sell.

I think the fight will be is if America's public option sells plans to companies. If that happens they for efficiency reasons you will see all the national healthcare services start to converge. But I think a good number of America will still be under private insurance

Nancy Pelosi is right when she says that the left needs to get a single payer system up and working in a state, so they can stress test such a system and see where the hurdles are. Massachusetts model helped make the ACA possible.

Last edited:
Also let me say this.

hall. nah.

Obamacare was designed to fail (see Iowa). whether Trump & Co get a swing at da piñata and also fail, or Clinton winning and introducing a public option, single payer (with a VIP luxury bespoke lane for those elite) was next regardless.

Last edited:
The ACA marketplace was never designed or destined to fail. It was underfunded and attacked from the jump

Every healthcare economist points this out.

Last edited:
AHCA was designed to fail

* If it was underfunded and undermined, but let's forget about that part.

Did Iowa accept the funds?

Back
Top Bottom