***Official Political Discussion Thread***

let's be real and call it the devin nunes report and the "no collusion" conclusion is laughable.

on the other hand, the optics of the talks in korea make trump look good. whether or not he was a driving force to bring both parties to the table, he can very well claim that his threats bore fruit. no matter what, i'm glad that things are looking better in that region. ever since the false ballistic missile alarm here in hawaii, it's been cause for concern. i'll take any progress towards peace.

dead.png

Leading story on every network not named Fox was whether or not the president had sex with someone a decade ago ... I seriously don't understand the tactics ... NO ONE CARES

Leading story on every network not named Fox was whether or not the president had sex with someone a decade ago ... I seriously don't understand the tactics ... NO ONE CARES

Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous.

Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous.
as a staunch Republican and devoted Evangelical Christian, I am appalled by these allegations that my president / God's president broke one of the ten commandments by being unfaithful to his wife.

I know these are LIES because if not then that means my entire religion and party are hypocritical pieces of ****.

North Korea is propped up by China and Russia. This whole thing stinks of PR manipulation

As great as a truce could be (especially for the people of NK), it's clearly a way for China to get the US out the paint. Couple it with us not participating in the TPP and our presence in the region is not what it would be under BO. This is a money play by China all day long.

NK hasn't done anything to their nuclear program yet. They shut down an already damaged silo and stated that their quest for nuclear weapons is complete and that they no longer need tests because they know how to build and weaponize them. Whether that's true or not is a different question.

NK hasn't done anything to their nuclear program yet. They shut down an already damaged silo and stated that their quest for nuclear weapons is complete and that they no longer need tests because they know how to build and weaponize them. Whether that's true or not is a different question.
I feel like that first half is bs anyway, considering both china and russia also have nukes. It wouldn't be an impossible task to simply learn the processes from either of them. Something there is adding up.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...GATIONS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT
EPA LAUNCHES INTERNAL PROBE OF PRUITT'S CONDO DEAL
The Environmental Protection Agency's internal ethics official is opening an investigation into Scott Pruitt's $50-a-night condo deal in Washington.
Friday's announcement makes for about a dozen confirmed investigations of allegations against the EPA administrator.
EPA spokesman Jahan Wilcox declined comment, saying the agency does not publicly address matters related to the inspector general.

EPA Inspector General Arthur A. Elkins Jr. revealed the new probe in a letter to House lawmakers.

Pruitt for much of last year rented a bedroom from a lobbyist whose husband had pending matters before the EPA. The deal allowed the EPA chief to pay just $50 a night, and only on the nights he actually stayed there.

The Office of Government Ethics and several House lawmakers have asked for a probe of the arrangement.

To expand on an earlier post about the North Korea nuclear test site that they shut down already having suffered major damage prior to NK's announcement.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-korea-nuclear-test-site-collapses/552974002/
Chinese geologists say North Korea nuclear test site collapsed, may explain end of program
Chinese geologists claim in a new study that the mountain above North Korea’s main nuclear test site collapsed in September, rendering the area unsafe for further testing because of possible radiation leaks — a finding that may shed a different light on Kim Jong Un’s announcement that his country was ceasing its nuclear testing program.

The study carried out by scientists at the University of Science and Technology of China, in Hefei, concluded that the mountain buckled under the stress of multiple explosions caused by the release of huge amounts of heat and energy. The study's authors said the area needs close monitoring for leaking radiation.

The data for the study were collected after North Korea's sixth — and most powerful — nuclear test on Sept. 3. It subsequently triggered four earthquakes.

The findings come ahead of Friday’s summit between Kim and South Korean President Moon Jae-in, and follow Pyongyang's assertion last week it would halt all missile tests and shut down its main nuclear test site, a move interpreted outside North Korea as an attempt by Kim to strike a conciliatory tone at a time when he has come under White House-led pressure to give up his nuclear weapons program.

The study has been peer-reviewed and also accepted for publication by Geophysical Research Letters, a distinguished academic journal published in the United States. A separate study published last month by the same journal found similar results.

On Saturday, President Trump hailed Kim's claim that he would close its nuclear testing facility and suspend nuclear and intercontinental ballistic missile tests as "big progress." North Korea has stopped short of pledging it will entirely give up its nuclear weapons or scale back its production of missiles and their related components.

Friday's face-to-face meeting between Kim and Moon in the demilitarized border zone that has separated the rival Koreas since 1953 comes before Trump and the North Korean leader are expected to hold their own summit, likely in mid-May.

See this would make total sense for a total 180. Wonder if more information will confirm similar findings.

Back
Top Bottom