***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I had no idea Harry Reid opened the door on simple majority back in 2013 ... I could have sworn this was a Republican tactic prior, when realizing that the General was going to be so difficult to win going forward ...

There's a video floating around of McConnell warning Reid ... It's riveting ... Almost eerie given he seems to suggest that there time is coming in short order ...
Tell the whole story.

Unless your plan is to obfuscate the reality of the political landscape at the time.

In 2009, McConnell warned the American people that he would not work with the president they chose.

For example, the ACA was debated for months; Obama wanted a bipartisan bill, and even though Republicans had a say in what the final version of the bill would include, NOT A SINGLE REPUBLOCAN VOTED FOR IT. Some Democratic members of the House who voted for the bill knew it would cost them their seat in 2010, but they did it because improving healthcare for ALL Americans was bigger than being in Congress.

And it went on like that for 4 years. For the GOP, it was more politically beneficial to obstruct, and they obstructed appointments and bills. That is why Harry Reid took away the filibuster in 2013.

Tell the whole story because right now, you are lying by omission. I don't think baby Jesus likes that very much.

bns86ct4q2511.png

I don't even...

7fly3lkqsgy01.png

Can't be real...:lol:

Descendants of illegal immigrants telling descendants of stolen people to go back to where they were stolen from.

When you think about it and know the history of the European invasion, it makes sense that they're terrified of other illegal immigrants doing the same thing their ancestors did.

After seeing the Lib panic and stress yesterday over getting destroyed yet again, I figured I'd give them a free basket since the Coalition is already up by 50 with another 80 point outburst from Donald Michael Jordan Trump. Look Libs, Crooked Hills lost not because Bernard Neon Deion Sanders and his voters didn't vote for her in larger numbers than Crooooooooooked Hills voters voted for Obummer. She mostly lost because of Papa Vlad and theHills is crooked narrative pedaled by the Alt Left, Young Turks and yes many Primetime supporters. Unlike the Coalition, Libs and Dims are inherently weak and Swaft when it comes to voting. They've fooled themselves into thinking voting doesn't matter or that you need the ideal candidate to get them to show up. The Coalition doesn't have that problem. There may be more Dims and Libs than us but We show up every election. Dims and Libs just cry in their Veg wraps while we create Coal approved voting districts and prevent illegal voters (anyone not down with Coalition policies) from voting. Dims and Libs need to be coddled and babied to vote and are easily susceptible to sitting out when things don't go their way or convincing themselves that both parties are the same. We are happy to keep winning but Dims and Libs make it too easy. #MAGA, #Supremes, #LIBSARENTHUMAN.

After seeing the Lib panic and stress yesterday over getting destroyed yet again, I figured I'd give them a free basket since the Coalition is already up by 50 with another 80 point outburst from Donald Michael Jordan Trump. Look Libs, Crooked Hills lost not because Bernard Neon Deion Sanders and his voters didn't vote for her in larger numbers than Crooooooooooked Hills voters voted for Obummer. She mostly lost because of Papa Vlad and theHills is crooked narrative pedaled by the Alt Left, Young Turks and yes many Primetime supporters. Unlike the Coalition, Libs and Dims are inherently weak and Swaft when it comes to voting. They've fooled themselves into thinking voting doesn't matter or that you need the ideal candidate to get them to show up. The Coalition doesn't have that problem. There may be more Dims and Libs than us but We show up every election. Dims and Libs just cry in their Veg wraps while we create Coal approved voting districts and prevent illegal voters (anyone not down with Coalition policies) from voting. Dims and Libs need to be coddled and babied to vote and are easily susceptible to sitting out when things don't go their way or convincing themselves that both parties are the same. We are happy to keep winning but Dims and Libs make it too easy. #MAGA, #Supremes, #LIBSARENTHUMAN.
H24-30061-main-sp.jpg

okay, I understand you're playing out the situation as you see it but at least we agree that trump had to sign an executive order to basically tell himself "stop doing that" lol

What I'm wondering is where did you get the idea that ALL of the "left" wants open borders ultimately? a generalization like that is just absurd. Ultimately immigration reform has been a bipartisan issue that in my opinion was fair and was on the right track. I'm personally fond of the Framework for Comprehensive Immigration Reform (except towards the end but that's what bipartisan stuff looks like right?) For the most part I like the general idea of it, it goes something like this

Four Basic Legislative Pillars:

o Create a tough but fair path to citizenship for unauthorized immigrants currently living in the United States that is contingent upon securing our borders and tracking whether legal immigrants have left the country when required;
o Reform our legal immigration system to better recognize the importance of characteristics that will help build the American economy and strengthen American families;
o Create an effective employment verification system that will prevent identity theft and end the hiring of future unauthorized workers; and,
o Establish an improved process for admitting future workers to serve our nation’s workforce needs, while simultaneously protecting all workers.

For the most part to keep it simple the policy federal, state and local has had in recent years was working, nothing was broken. If new problems arise we find a way to fix them, thats how things function. Statistically it has been doing the job it was set out to do which was address the issue we have with undocumented immigrants and illegal immigration, with 2017 being the lowest year of illegal immigration apprehensions in the last 18 years.

The "outrage" is literally about ripping kids from their mothers arms and shipping them states away to tents for a crime that is considered a misdemeanor (not to mention dozens of other very disturbing reports in regards to humanitarianism) so please miss me with the "its the law" crap... if it was the law they'd give them a ticket and a courtdate like they have been with successful results. So hopefully you acknowledge that its very extreme coming from the president on a bipartisan issue. Secondly you have to understand that this isn't policy, trump has been using the immigration issue (starting with DACA) as leverage with the democrats to get funding for the wall he promised you. You actually think this guy is keeping our borders safe by separating kids from mothers who are seeking asylum? Explain to me how

I wont google "immigration impact on wages" because that's not what we're talking about, we're talking about illegal immigration. Two very different things with very different variables at play... but since we're here might as well talk about it.. undocumented immigrants will have a positive effect on US economy.
Thank you for your response ... I will try to address your points today to continue the dialogue ...

okay, I understand you're playing out the situation as you see it but at least we agree that trump had to sign an executive order to basically tell himself "stop doing that" lol

What I'm wondering is where did you get the idea that ALL of the "left" wants open borders ultimately? a generalization like that is just absurd. Ultimately immigration reform has been a bipartisan issue that in my opinion was fair and was on the right track. I'm personally fond of the Framework for Comprehensive Immigration Reform (except towards the end but that's what bipartisan stuff looks like right?) For the most part I like the general idea of it, it goes something like this

Four Basic Legislative Pillars:

o Create a tough but fair path to citizenship for unauthorized immigrants currently living in the United States that is contingent upon securing our borders and tracking whether legal immigrants have left the country when required;
o Reform our legal immigration system to better recognize the importance of characteristics that will help build the American economy and strengthen American families;
o Create an effective employment verification system that will prevent identity theft and end the hiring of future unauthorized workers; and,
o Establish an improved process for admitting future workers to serve our nation’s workforce needs, while simultaneously protecting all workers.

For the most part to keep it simple the policy federal, state and local has had in recent years was working, nothing was broken. If new problems arise we find a way to fix them, thats how things function. Statistically it has been doing the job it was set out to do which was address the issue we have with undocumented immigrants and illegal immigration, with 2017 being the lowest year of illegal immigration apprehensions in the last 18 years.

The "outrage" is literally about ripping kids from their mothers arms and shipping them states away to tents for a crime that is considered a misdemeanor (not to mention dozens of other very disturbing reports in regards to humanitarianism) so please miss me with the "its the law" crap... if it was the law they'd give them a ticket and a courtdate like they have been with successful results. So hopefully you acknowledge that its very extreme coming from the president on a bipartisan issue. Secondly you have to understand that this isn't policy, trump has been using the immigration issue (starting with DACA) as leverage with the democrats to get funding for the wall he promised you. You actually think this guy is keeping our borders safe by separating kids from mothers who are seeking asylum? Explain to me how

I wont google "immigration impact on wages" because that's not what we're talking about, we're talking about illegal immigration. Two very different things with very different variables at play... but since we're here might as well talk about it.. undocumented immigrants will have a positive effect on US economy.

Trump played an immigration hand that has yet to bear fruit - The promise of a border wall to help enforce current immigration laws ... He used DACA as a means to push Dems in his direction and then severely miscalculated the media outrage associated with trying to deter illegal immigration through separation of children from families ... He then backed off ...

It seems we both agree on the effectiveness of the current laws and even on a path to resolve some of the issues that exist ... I am a proponent of legal immigration as it currently stands, and the allowance of current illegal immigrants to get in line through the extension of expired visas for that segment and the deportation of outright illegals ... Again, we may differ a bit but there is enough there to resolve the issue amicably ...

As for the Left's immigration platform ... The only logical conclusion to draw from their views on how to treat the current illegal population (let them stay), their opposition to border wall investment and their endorsement and victory laps for politicians like Ocasio who wants to abolish ICE, is that open borders is preferred ... Imagine the precedent set if all illegal immigrants are prioritized over those in the legal immigration pipeline? You are rewarding criminals and delegitimizing the process ... That cant happen ...

I disagree with your point about wages but won't big down the conversation at this time ... Undocumented immigrants have a net positive impact to the economy and not negative impact on wages ...

Thanks for your response ...

Is there a country out there where the ratio of stupid people isn't as high as America's?

That behavior from Trump supporters is no different than what I saw growing up in Africa. There, politicians literally campaign with wine and goats (show up in small towns and feed people for an afternoon, then promise them "more" if they get their vote). That's when ballots are not straight up manipulated.

As a result, people are very apathetic, and the sense that "all politicians are the same; voting is useless" is one that has been implanted in generations of would-be voters and candidates through what basically amounts to propaganda, which ensures that the party in power will dominate for years to come. Those sympathetic to the powers that be spend their time concocting wish lists for themselves and/or their communities, hoping that at least one will be met.

That's the reality of illiberal democracies.

I am a proponent of legal immigration as it currently stands, and the allowance of current illegal immigrants to get in line through the extension of expired visas for that segment and the deportation of outright illegals ... Again, we may differ a bit but there is enough there to resolve the issue amicably ...
What is an "outright illegal" and how exactly are they different than visa overstays? What is your reasoning for extending visas to overstays?

Back
Top Bottom