***Official Political Discussion Thread***

He REALLY thinks its OK to play with other peoples Money? He Does know that the Money is mostly the American people money right.

So as a American he is ****ing with MY MONEY !!!
I have a theory that he’s going to tank the market on purpose and his people/donors will buy it on the low when he does. When he finally stops the tariffs by say election year, the stock market will go up from its lows and those same oligarchs will be richer.

He has shown the power to manipulate the US market with his tweeting. He can now do it legislatively.

He REALLY thinks its OK to play with other peoples Money? He Does know that the Money is mostly the American people money right.

So as a American he is ****ing with MY MONEY !!!

He ONLY plays with other people’s money. Never his own. Hence the several bankruptcies and somehow ending up more wealthy than he already was.

Who could've ever seen this coming??
*gasp*

Also,more reports confirming what some suspected about the coordination between the orange house and Kennedy + Kavannaugh before the seat was gonna be vacated...

Reality really has become stranger than fiction...

This whole thing feels like a storyline right out of The Americans :lol:

July 17:
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/07/17/politics/treasury-irs-donor-lists/index.html
NRA and some other nonprofits will no longer need to identify their donors to the IRS
Some nonprofit groups will no longer have to give the IRS the names of donors who give them $5,000 or more.

Among the groups that will no longer have to report donors are the National Rifle Association, various chambers of commerce, and groups focused on particular issues, such as Americans for Prosperity, which has been closely associated with the Koch brothers. But the ruling also applies to groups like the NAACP, labor unions and volunteer fire departments.
It was a long-sought goal of some of those groups -- particularly on the right.
The Treasury Department, which announced the rule change late Monday, said that information was never subject to public disclosure. Although the tax returns of nonprofit groups are public record, the information on donors' names had to be redacted before their release.

Also,more reports confirming what some suspected about the coordination between the orange house and Kennedy + Kavannaugh before the seat was gonna be vacated...

I remember, in 2007, how a certain IL governor got in trouble for exchanging a soon-to-be vacated Senate seat for money...

The governor is sitting in jail, the ex-senator became president, and life made sense. Ah... The good old days...

I have a theory that he’s going to tank the market on purpose and his people/donors will buy it on the low when he does. When he finally stops the tariffs by say election year, the stock market will go up from its lows and those same oligarchs will be richer.

He has shown the power to manipulate the US market with his tweeting. He can now do it legislatively.

The Bigot™ has been on the whole tariffs kick his whole life though. 30 years ago, it was Japan, now it's China.

July 17:
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/07/17/politics/treasury-irs-donor-lists/index.html
NRA and some other nonprofits will no longer need to identify their donors to the IRS
Some nonprofit groups will no longer have to give the IRS the names of donors who give them $5,000 or more.

Among the groups that will no longer have to report donors are the National Rifle Association, various chambers of commerce, and groups focused on particular issues, such as Americans for Prosperity, which has been closely associated with the Koch brothers. But the ruling also applies to groups like the NAACP, labor unions and volunteer fire departments.
It was a long-sought goal of some of those groups -- particularly on the right.
The Treasury Department, which announced the rule change late Monday, said that information was never subject to public disclosure. Although the tax returns of nonprofit groups are public record, the information on donors' names had to be redacted before their release.
People don’t realize what this really means. This is a BIG deal

Excerpt:
Page acknowledged under questioning from Tapper that “there may have been a loose conversation” with Russian officials about U.S. sanctions, and that “a few people might have brought it up in passing.” But he added that “there was nothing in terms of any nefarious behavior” and that he’d never heard from Russians about compromising information on Hillary Clinton.
https://www.politico.com/story/2018...-working-as-informal-adviser-to-russia-735559
Carter Page acknowledges working as informal adviser to Russia
Former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page on Sunday called allegations that he was a Russian agent “spin,” a “ridiculous smear campaign” and “literally a complete joke” — but admitted that he had worked as an informal adviser to the Russian government.
he FBI wrote in the documents that it believed Russia was trying to recruit Page, a foreign policy aide on Donald Trump’s presidential campaign who now sits at the eye of the storm in ongoing investigations into Russian electoral interference and possible Trump campaign collusion. Page called himself an “informal adviser” to Russia in a 2013 letter.

“I’ve never been an agent of [a] foreign power by any stretch of the imagination,” Page said Sunday.

Page acknowledged under questioning from Tapper that “there may have been a loose conversation” with Russian officials about U.S. sanctions, and that “a few people might have brought it up in passing.” But he added that “there was nothing in terms of any nefarious behavior” and that he’d never heard from Russians about compromising information on Hillary Clinton.

Page specifically denied having ever communicated with Igor Sechin or Igor Diveykin, Russians who were listed in the documents. “Never in my life,“ Page replied when Tapper followed up with a question about him having met with Sechin, the president of a Russian energy company.

Instead, Page trained his ire on the U.S. government officials who had sought to surveil him — despite the fact that multiple FISC judges, all Republican appointees, had signed off on the wiretapping.

His comments dovetailed with angry tweets Sunday morning from Trump, who inveighed against “the whole FISA scam which led to the rigged Mueller Witch Hunt” and insinuated that “the Department of ‘Justice’ and FBI misled the courts.”

I seriously don't understand this. Why waste money doing this when welfare programs for veterans could benefit a lot more from this type of support
This. I refuse to listen to anyone's spiel about how much they love the military and vets when I see so many homeless vets out there.

The Bigot™ has been on the whole tariffs kick his whole life though. 30 years ago, it was Japan, now it's China.
This is true. I just feel like there has to be some financial incentive for him and his people to gain off it. After all, he’s for the rich people.

Yikes and UGH

I'll never really be able to understand the whole flag/anthem obsession in the US. Much less 'paid patriotism'. Belgium about as polar opposite as it gets in that regard.
Throughout my entire life I have never been asked or expected to 'pledge allegiance to the flag' and the only time I've had to recite the anthem was in music class in one of the early elementary school grades. Frankly I'd even have to jog my memory to remember just a single line from our national anthem. I'm terrible at remembering song lyrics whereas I find numbers, dates, passwords and other general information much easier to remember but none of my friends know the anthem either. Not even my parents could recite more than a line or two.
As anyone who has watched the FIFA World Cup this year can attest to, many players in our national football team don't participate in singing the anthem either. Eden Hazard and Kevin De Bruyne for example almost always stay silent. I've heard people wondering why they don't of course but never any real complaints.

In fact, even one of our former Prime Ministers got caught not knowing the national anthem.
Former PM Yves Leterme was asked to sing along but he didn't know the lines and blurted out parts of France's la marseillaise anthem instead :rofl:
It ended up being a bigger deal in the international press than at home tbh. It caused some controversy of course but it was more along the lines of the Flemish/Wallonian divide (the language barrier) in Belgium. I don't hold it against him. I expect our Prime Ministers to at least be fluent in our primary 2 national languages (Dutch and French) and PM Leterme should've known better than to get caught slipping but I can't really be mad at him not knowing the anthem when it's not something people care about and a majority of Belgians probably couldn't recite half of it.
I haven't been able to find any polling on Belgians' knowledge of the national anthem but I doubt the percentage of people who can fully recite the anthem would be higher than 20%.
Personally I see the anthem as entirely irrelevant and knowing it or not knowing it isn't going to make anyone more or less of a patriot.

From my point of view the flags everywhere in US schools, anthem recitals, pledges of allegiance, ... comes off as kind of cultish, no offense. It's just a matter of different cultures but I do find it kind of disturbing.

tenor.gif
:lol:
Even his Russian handlers back around 2013 described him as an idiot in conversations that were wiretapped by the FBI at the time.

(Male-1 refers to Page)
PODOBNYY: [Male-1] wrote that he is sorry, he went to Moscow and forgot to check his inbox, but he wants to meet when he gets back. I think he is an idiot and forgot who I am. Plus he writes to me in Russian [to] practise the language. He flies to Moscow more often than I do. He got hooked on [the Russian state energy company] Gazprom, thinking that if they have a project, he could rise up. Maybe he can. I don’t know, but it’s obvious he wants to earn loads of money.

SPORYSHEV: Without a doubt.

Source:
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/02/03/carter-page-nunes-memo-216934 (February 3 2018)
Why Carter Page Was Worth Watching
There’s plenty of evidence that the former Trump campaign adviser, for all his quirks, was on suspiciously good terms with Russia.

I'll never really be able to understand the whole flag/anthem obsession in the US. Much less 'paid patriotism'. Belgium about as polar opposite as it gets in that regard.
Throughout my entire life I have never been asked or expected to 'pledge allegiance to the flag' and the only time I've had to recite the anthem was in music class in one of the early elementary school grades. Frankly I'd even have to jog my memory to remember just a single line from our national anthem. I'm terrible at remembering song lyrics whereas I find numbers, dates, passwords and other general information much easier to remember but none of my friends know the anthem either. Not even my parents could recite more than a line or two.
As anyone who has watched the FIFA World Cup this year can attest to, many players in our national football team don't participate in singing the anthem either. Eden Hazard and Kevin De Bruyne for example almost always stay silent. I've heard people wondering why they don't of course but never any real complaints.

In fact, even one of our former Prime Ministers got caught not knowing the national anthem.
Former PM Yves Leterme was asked to sing along but he didn't know the lines and blurted out parts of France's la marseillaise anthem instead :rofl:
It ended up being a bigger deal in the international press than at home tbh. It caused some controversy of course but it was more along the lines of the Flemish/Wallonian divide (the language barrier) in Belgium. I don't hold it against him. I expect our Prime Ministers to at least be fluent in our primary 2 national languages (Dutch and French) and PM Leterme should've known better than to get caught slipping but I can't really be mad at him not knowing the anthem when it's not something people care about and a majority of Belgians probably couldn't recite half of it.
I haven't been able to find any polling on Belgians' knowledge of the national anthem but I doubt the percentage of people who can fully recite the anthem would be higher than 20%.
Personally I see the anthem as entirely irrelevant and knowing it or not knowing it isn't going to make anyone more or less of a patriot.

From my point of view the flags everywhere in US schools, anthem recitals, pledges of allegiance, ... comes off as kind of cultish, no offense. It's just a matter of different cultures but I do find it kind of disturbing.

Read Catch 22, especially the chapters about the Glorious Loyalty Oath Crusade.

Let's say you feel compelled to salute the flag, then I can salute the flag with both my hands and proclaim myself a greater patriot than you. You wear a flag lapel pin on your suit? I wear sixteen. You kneel to tie your shoelaces, I shout WHY DO YOU HATE THE MILITARY ALL LIVES MATTER YOU TREASONOUS SOB !!! Obviously all these ceremonial empty gestures are way more important than making voter registration as mandatory as birth certificates.

Back
Top Bottom