***Official Political Discussion Thread***

dwalk31 dwalk31
To elaborate, when you said "no" is that a blanket no?

I wouldn't give any thought on way or the other to some random individual advocating for the imprisonment of the top FBI/DOJ officials who ordered the Russia investigation(s) either.
If some high level government official would openly advocate for those imprisonments, at least in my case that would give rise to at least some degree of questions as to what this person's motives are and what their reasoning might be.

Hypothetically, what if it was someone under investigation advocating for the imprisonment (without citing any criminal conduct) of the top officials involved in ordering and conducting the investigation? Would even that not set off any red flags and what, if anything, would that say about that individual?

To the questions you asked, my answer remains no. No "red flags."

Now if this hypothetical individual somehow ended the investigation or ordered the AG to fire the person heading it, then that would set off a red flag for me. That would be very concerning.

To the questions you asked, my answer remains no. No "red flags."

Now if this hypothetical individual somehow ended the investigation or ordered the AG to fire the person heading it, then that would set off a red flag for me. That would be very concerning.
Not even a hint of suspicion though?

If I'm a person of interest in a criminal investigation and I start advocating for the imprisonment of the people who ordered, oversee and conduct said investigation, how would that not raise any suspicion? I don't see how one could view that in the same light as some other person of interest in the investigation simply proclaiming his/her innocence or accusing the investigators of lying and going on a fishing expedition.
Ending the investigation somehow, or ordering its end, would be the ultimate form of obstruction of justice and obviously committing a serious crime is a red flag to say the least.

Y’all are sadist trying to debate in good faith with the fry cook. Geezus.

***** take the bait every time :smh: :lol:
bp2h.gif

I'm shocked, I tell you! Absolutely shocked:

I mean you can say this about any prep school really. I went to a similar one to this in NYC and I don’t regret my experience. Between them and Fordham Univ it helped shape many of my approaches towards the world while at the same time making me shun my catholic faith due to its hypocrisy.

My experience was different as i was there on financial aid and wasn’t part of the rich crowd. But I will defend the school itself and it’s faculty for trying to teach the right things about being a “man for others.” Now the fact that each student will act differently and will accept it in a different way then that’s on them. You can’t fault the school for that, that all falls on the individual.

Quick edit: but many of my classmates will fall along my lines than a Kavanaugh. And best believe i know who the Kavanaughs were and still are in my class. And outside of the school accepting their donations they aren’t looked well upon by the faculty. We get into political debates in a Facebook group we have with former and current faculty and they get their asses handed to them.

That is interesting, but both candidates knew the rules prior to running
The point is, the rules are outdated.

And when it comes to changing the fundamental rules that dictate how Americans are supposed to live, there is plenty of precedent we can find in the history of this country, like revoking the status of Black Americans to that of second class citizens and instituting Jim Crow laws in the South and redlining in the North, Mr Black Man.

Stay disingenuous.

The problem with the erosion of due process, as it relates to political campaigns, is the potential for the weaponization of allegations to influence elections.
https://www.newyorker.com/news/amy-davidson/donald-trump-and-the-central-park-five
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...nt-as-it-looks-like-trump-might-not-even-try/
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/election-2016-donald-trump-defends-calling-mexican-immigrants-rapists/

This must not have been a top concern for you at the polls.

Related: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sealioning
Watch your step.

Image excerpts from the newly filed 302 on the Flynn FBI interview. Flynn's claim about not knowing about the upcoming Obama administration sanctions because he did not have access to television news in the Dominican Republic, as well as his government Blackberry not working, appears to be contradicted by a former Trump WH official who reportedly revised her testimony after Flynn's guilty plea.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.3d1f1321676a
Former top White House official revises statement to special counsel about Flynn’s calls with Russian ambassador
Excerpt:
When FBI agents first visited her at her Long Island home in the summer of 2017, McFarland denied ever talking to Flynn about any discussion of sanctions between him and the ambassador, Sergey Kislyak, in December 2016, during the presidential transition.

The NYT also reported on Trump transition emails, which are in Mueller possession. The president has previously accused Mueller of illegally obtaining the transition emails.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/02/us/russia-mcfarland-flynn-trump-emails.html
Excerpt:
As part of the outreach, Ms. McFarland wrote, Mr. Flynn would be speaking with the Russian ambassador, Mr. Kislyak, hours after Mr. Obama’s sanctions were announced.
“Key will be Russia’s response over the next few days,” Ms. McFarland wrote in an email to another transition official, Thomas P. Bossert, now the president’s homeland security adviser.

a3b968d709cffa295068884d3664261a.png

85d19fdde26e9782c12f415347d35928.png

Last edited:
I have said that we need immigration reform several times. The status quo is horrible. Their due process rights are important. The question becomes what constitutes due process at the border. I have also stated that Trump can and should do better with his tweets.
This is nonsense deflection. You take issue with people seemingly ignoring due process but when the president does it, you are quiet, and often times defend him. When he smears migrants you are quiet, when he slanders the FBI and their ongoing investigation you are quiet, when people bring up the Central Park 5 you make excuses.

The man to this day has people chant "lock her up" at his rallies, yet you are quiet about that too.

And Trump didn't just say those things in Tweets. He said them in interviews, said them at press conferences, said them at rallies. And again your insincere, hypocritical self was quiet. So please spare us.

You are a troll, whose hypocrisy stretches far and wide.

Last edited:
Today I learned.
So did I. This is what some of ya'll keep letting happen to you over and over

"Sealioning (also spelled sea-lioning and sea lioning) is a type of trolling or harassment which consists of pursuing people with persistent requests for evidence or repeated questions, while maintaining a pretense of civility.[1][2][3] The troll pretends ignorance and feigns politeness, so that if the target is provoked into making an angry response, the troll can then act as the aggrieved party.[4][5] Sealioning can be performed by a single troll or by multiple ones acting in concert.[6] The technique of sealioning has been compared to the Gish gallop and metaphorically described as a denial-of-service attack targeted at human beings.[6]"

The point is, the rules are outdated.

And when it comes to changing the fundamental rules that dictate how Americans are supposed to live, there is plenty of precedent we can find in the history of this country, like revoking the status of Black Americans to that of second class citizens and instituting Jim Crow laws in the South and redlining in the North, Mr Black Man.

Stay disingenuous.

I am not necessarily against changing the system from the electoral college system. If that is what you are talking about.

I, of course, am against redlining, the Jim Crow laws that were disgusting in the south, and treating any citizen as second-class.

Dude is constantly like:

"My good sir, I have read your argument as to why 2 + 2 = 4, but I most respectfully disagree. How can 2 + 2 be 4 when 2.3 rounds off to 2 but 2.3 + 2.3 = 4.6 and 4.6 rounds off to 5. So 2 + 2 is in fact 5, fellow respected citizen. I wish you a good day."

zmfCM2WE_400x400.jpeg
Your example couldn't be more perfect. Pretends to acknowledge all the rules except the one that invalidates his position
Russian 2016 Influence Operation Targeted African-Americans

“The most prolific I.R.A. efforts on Facebook and Instagram specifically targeted black American communities and appear to have been focused on developing black audiences and recruiting black Americans as assets,” the report says. Using Gmail accounts with American-sounding names, the Russians recruited and sometimes paid unwitting American activists of all races to stage rallies and spread content, but there was a disproportionate pursuit of African-Americans, it concludes.

The report says that while “other distinct ethnic and religious groups were the focus of one or two Facebook Pages or Instagram accounts, the black community was targeted extensively with dozens.” In some cases, Facebook ads were targeted at users who had shown interest in particular topics, including black history, the Black Panther Party and Malcolm X. The most popular of the Russian Instagram accounts was @blackstagram, with 303,663 followers.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/17/us/politics/russia-2016-influence-campaign.html
Nothing Western powers haven't done in many of the lands they wanted to conquer. Identify the marginalized group, and turn them against the powers that be.

The irony of the situation is that Americans could have easily avoided Russian interference by seriously addressing the dichotomy between fighting abroad on behalf of oppressed populations while maintaining an unofficial caste system at home, but I guess it's better to believe your own hype by calling yourself "the leader of the Free world" and "the best country in the world."

There's no step to watch. And there is no sea-lioning (by me at least, but many in this thread do it constantly). I do not adopt all of the views of any politician. I have my own. I imagine most people are this way.

What happened to the Central Park five was horrible. And it furthers my position as it relates to due process. Many formed an opinion of them without the due process. Just as many on here are forming opinions based on allegations without due process.

I do not think that Mexicans are rapist. Whether someone is a rapist has nothing to do with their race. And that is such a ridiculous proposition that I shouldn't have needed to clarify it.

Back
Top Bottom